Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:10:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abuse of self-moderated topics by reflink spammers  (Read 636 times)
Morbo (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:06:43 PM

Few of my posts expressing negative attitude towards reflink spam were deleted.

I've got system private messages looking like this:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

The problem with these automated messages is that they don't even link back to the thread the deleted post belonged to, so it's not possible to quote the thread and the topic starter in abuse accusations, this isn't handy at all.

Apparently there are reflink spammers in this forum who abuse the feature of self-moderated topics to silently censor any criticism directed towards them. And this creates a very serious precedent. The lack of transparency in exposing these forum users makes the admins look like biased in favor of such slick people. Lack of very strict moderation rules is what made this forum highly popular, but lack of fairness and transparency that favors spammers with hidden agendas is what can bring this forum down. You don't want a full scale confrontation between spammers and those who dislike them to the point of being ready to burn the whole place just to eradicate the spamming defilers.

inb4 a new forum is being developed, it will have all features you need, just be patient. Please don't bring this argument, I don't believe in the whole BS about the new forum

http://drunkyoda.tk/ - Bitcoin blog by newbie for newbies (no ads, no reflinks, no donation begging)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:09:37 PM

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Morbo (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:12:44 PM

thank you very much, that's exactly what i did

THIS IS THAT NEW TOPIC and its purpose is to shed some light on a problem in this forum

http://drunkyoda.tk/ - Bitcoin blog by newbie for newbies (no ads, no reflinks, no donation begging)
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:12:53 PM

If you see people creating threads to put out their referral links please report them.  The first post in a topic should never contain a referral link.
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:17:24 PM

Lol i see it all the time, when i post under people scamming in the lending section most of them or i would say 99% of them being newbies but i never give up lolzzz  Grin Grin Grin
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:53:11 PM

I dont get it ?? How can they think that they can actually get through with it ??
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:01:33 AM

I dont get it ?? How can they think that they can actually get through with it ??

Because most people aren't smart enough/too lazy to be bothered to actually check if the thread is self-moderated and if it is check whether any responses have been deleted with malicious intent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: