Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:43:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Can You Find Devs and Dev Teams For Hire/Collaboration?  (Read 221 times)
V-D-S (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 65
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 02:00:51 AM

I'm looking for the opposite of this Project Dev group...

That is, a group where the Devs/teams put their toes up first and announce the kinds of projects they want to work on and what their working requirements are.

Are there any devs or dev teams who are interested in working on a decentralized altcoin project?
Perhaps there is a website/board of freelance Devs that put up their contact info??
LinkedIn is not exactly what I'm looking for.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 04:43:00 AM

You might find a better chance if you search on a crypto freelance website. I'm not sure if there's any group that fulfills exactly what you're looking for, except probably in this forum. However, you need to filter out scammers from legit users, as most of the time you'll get contacted by scammers pretending to care and want to work together with you when he actually wants to get free money.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
V-D-S (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 65
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 06:17:57 AM

Right, when I check these, and I have checked probably 5, they are ghost towns. Thus far, I won't go into say an Ethereum community and scalp talent as that would certainly annoy me if we switched places.

Do you have any site recommendations?
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 06:18:34 AM

Are you actually willing to provide compensation, or is it sort of a "part of the project" sort of deal?

I mean, I'd be willing, but not for equity.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 11:24:27 AM

That is, a group where the Devs/teams put their toes up first and announce the kinds of projects they want to work on and what their working requirements are.

Are there any devs or dev teams who are interested in working on a decentralized altcoin project?
Perhaps there is a website/board of freelance Devs that put up their contact info??

You can find them in the services sections, they've posted their skills and their portfolio on their thread, you can also post a similar thread like this on that section but it's better to set up a group chat for developers for fast and real-time communication.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 04:34:36 PM

Right, when I check these, and I have checked probably 5, they are ghost towns. Thus far, I won't go into say an Ethereum community and scalp talent as that would certainly annoy me if we switched places.

Do you have any site recommendations?
You already checked 5 of them? Can you tell which freelance sites you are pertaining on?Its impossible for you to say that they are ghost towns.You didn't even find a single site which suits your concern.If not then take the advice above which you can go to services section and you might find that right Devs/Team.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:41:09 PM

Are you actually willing to provide compensation, or is it sort of a "part of the project" sort of deal?

Equity can be worth much more if you are able to find unique, useful projects. Why would you 100% rule out considering a generous equity deal?

Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 02:43:06 PM
Merited by Bit_Happy (1)

Equity can be worth much more if you are able to find unique, useful projects. Why would you 100% rule out considering a generous equity deal?

When you've been a programmer for quite a while, it's something you begin to understand. It's a gamble, you're working for free, and most of the time the "founder" substantially overestimates their worth in the company and reflects their ownership percentage in such a way.

I'd say about 80% of the requests I get are "you'll get paid if it works - equity style" and as most startups fail, it's not a lucrative strategy.

I don't 100% rule out equity deals, but I'd be less inclined to join one from BitcoinTalk due to it being remote and the chances of me actually accepting one in the first place is minimal.

Equity + a small amount of pay is a different story (and it being a great idea I can get behind and be motivated by). That would offset risk.

Web Developer. PM for details.
blackmagick

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2020, 08:53:37 AM

How does Bit Coin really Work.. is it real
sidneychange

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 09:00:59 AM

It's true. Too hard to look for a trusted cooperating dev team only on the internet. You may need someone you know to introduce you a team to work.
Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 786

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 07:49:27 AM

I'm not sure with this but you can give a shot to locate them on Icobench or maybe in fiverr  to find those freelance guy but to make sure  you will get a crypto experience guys then try to post a  thread here in service section and provably you will get some especially if  you pay them up with a good compensation + other bonuses if you have.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
phwizard

Activity: 37
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2020, 11:12:14 AM

When you've been a programmer for quite a while, it's something you begin to understand. It's a gamble, you're working for free, and most of the time the "founder" substantially overestimates their worth in the company and reflects their ownership percentage in such a way.

I'd say about 80% of the requests I get are "you'll get paid if it works - equity style" and as most startups fail, it's not a lucrative strategy.

+100

99% of equity or rev share agreements don't make sense for developers. Founders who know what they are doing shall have no issues raising funding (or fund using their own and family money) to pay for basic MVP development.

On other note - just noticed your signature - are you based in Watford? Reading about your project now..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: