Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:31:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook's upcoming coin  (Read 763 times)
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:26:42 AM

Ive read conflicting news concerning the upcoming facebook coin.  Ive read the project was called Libra and ive also read that the coin will be called Libra. Ive also read that the coin is going to be called globalcoin but there is already a globalcoin (GBC) created in 2012.  Wonder what the algo is going to be fore their new coin (whatever its name is) and is it going to be minable by GPU, CPU and Asic? 
All is not final yet and they can change their name as long as it is still not in the market. The question here is not just about the name, but I think its more on what kind of services their offer. Facebook coin already works with uber i think, so it can be used for riding the uber.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 08:21:44 AM

It seems to me that the coin from Facebook will work on the Proof-of-Stake consensus algorithm. And, of course, it will actively bargain on the exchanges.
sadewa69

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 08:29:27 AM

It seems to me that the coin from Facebook will work on the Proof-of-Stake consensus algorithm. And, of course, it will actively bargain on the exchanges.
it will definitely happen, where they not only make their coins for their community too. their crypto trade will be the one awaited by this market. we will welcome them warmly.

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 08:38:53 AM

There are different rumors about its launch, i was reading an article yesterday that stated that fb will be launching its crypto coin today, im not sure if the news is right or not. One thing is for sure that it is going to be stablecoin backed by fiat plus it will also put positive effect on crypto market as general public will be interested and attracted to crypto after fb coin.

eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 11:45:28 PM

It has been announced that the name of the coin will be 'Libra'.
Facebook aims to shake up finance with its Libra cryptocurrency

Facebook unveils global digital coin called Libra
But there's a counterpart of this news:
Halt Libra? US Lawmakers Call for Hearings on Facebook’s Crypto
entebah

Activity: 1543
Merit: 153

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 11:51:47 PM

There are different rumors about its launch, i was reading an article yesterday that stated that fb will be launching its crypto coin today, im not sure if the news is right or not. One thing is for sure that it is going to be stablecoin backed by fiat plus it will also put positive effect on crypto market as general public will be interested and attracted to crypto after fb coin.
Yes, this is good news for the world of Crypto world, that Facebook Coin will be stable coin and its specifications have been announced yesterday, but the Coin launch is still unclear when, so let's wait and hope Facebook coin will bring to new Investors , so that it has a good effect on the price of Bitcoin later.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 11:55:29 PM

Yes its already announce Libra is a stable coin this will bring a big impact to the cryptoworld we already know that Facebook is the biggest and popular social media in the internet but if you search in this forum there already a coin that name Libra the question is will people patronize this facebook stable coin? Whats your opinion regarding this announcement?
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 12:56:26 AM

Yes, this is good news for the world of Crypto world, that Facebook Coin will be stable coin and its specifications have been announced yesterday, but the Coin launch is still unclear when, so let's wait and hope Facebook coin will bring to new Investors , so that it has a good effect on the price of Bitcoin later.

Many investor want to join in this LibraCoin because the potential behind. Facebook have more 1 billions members and if 10% using Libra Coin, it will be big and can beat ethereum market cap.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 12:16:08 PM

Yes its already announce Libra is a stable coin this will bring a big impact to the cryptoworld we already know that Facebook is the biggest and popular social media in the internet but if you search in this forum there already a coin that name Libra the question is will people patronize this facebook stable coin? Whats your opinion regarding this announcement?
FB is a big company and one of the most popular social media that currently operating.
With billions of users, it has been powered up by those users and they already got investments with a minimum offer of $10M.
My opinion about this Libra, it will only have value if most of the people will use it.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 12:20:32 PM

Facebook developers are very smart guys.  I think that they will have a strong enough project.  We need to believe in them and then we get the result.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 12:47:58 PM

Someone will hear Facebook's project coin and they will have a good roadmap so they know that investors are eager to buy a fb coin so it will be trending in different countries.

bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 12:56:30 PM

The news about Halting Libra was because there is no clear regulations to cryptocurrency.

Libra could be the reason why crypto could be a household name very soon but it may also be a double edge sword. Same thing they did in the past about banning crypto ads in facebook. Sooner when this Libra will turn bigger, they can also control where the market is going. They can design when the bullrun starts and when it ends.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Royalyy01

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 01:54:21 PM

yes, I hear to my uncle that facebook will create coins too, i hope it will become succesful
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 01:56:49 PM

We already know why this was the case of a lot of projects having sold quite at a huge amount during ICO and eventually dumps to its real value on exchange. This also implies that there are a lot of shitty projects with so many not real keen at solving real world problems but mainly interested in making more money.

panapi3200

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:01:52 PM

We already know why this was the case of a lot of projects having sold quite at a huge amount during ICO and eventually dumps to its real value on exchange. This also implies that there are a lot of shitty projects with so many not real keen at solving real world problems but mainly interested in making more money.
Indeed more projects became shitty at the end mate, and even though that upcoming Facebook coin it doesn't guarantee that it will sustain in the end. All I just hope for was a good outcome and I don't just rely on speculations and theoretical aspects, but I go only for real outcomes.
mksundip

Activity: 726
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:05:25 PM

I hope the steps taken by Facebook can help increase the volume of cryptocurrency trading and regain public trust, especially with investors

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:26:12 PM

You stick "crypto" or "bio" on something and you can literately sell any junk this days
Libra has nothing to do with crypto its a digital currency and designed as stable coin, buying it is like buying USD or Euro, inflationary, (losing value over time)

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:27:52 PM

To be honest, I still cannot believe Facebook is issuing its own digital currency until an official statement of the social media giant comes by. But I do not mean that I do not have trust in cryptocurrency. I am a strong supporter of cryptocurrency. But regarding a coin to be launched by Facebook, I still have doubt. If this happens, it will do miracle.
haven't you trusted it yet?
aren't they registered with Coinmarketcap
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/facebook-libra/
although actually I am also not convinced thoroughly but, is there maybe someone who carelessly carries the big name of Facebook committing fraud?
celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:35:32 PM

I heard some issues talking about Facebook faced many founder of companies do not accepted bitcoin created new coin, they will cancel every thing talking about libra or facebook coin, hope is not true.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:38:46 PM

I hope the steps taken by Facebook can help increase the volume of cryptocurrency trading and regain public trust, especially with investors

i believe a lot of new money will coming to this crypto industries because of this new altcoins created by facebook
and of course will bring a positive impact to the others cryptocurrency especially bitcoin  Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: