Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:30:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LIBRA - Simple Global Currency - Reinvent Money - By Facebook  (Read 2797 times)
coffeeplease

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 08:55:30 PM

https://twitter.com/SimonDixonTwitt/status/1141225654123454465

Simon Dixons thoughts on facebooks new cryptocurrency libra

^I liked this assessment
brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 09:20:08 PM

So 100% of Libra coins are premined and owned by libra.org

Libra.org makes billions if not trillions of dollars selling the Libra tokens they created out of thin air. What kind of fair distribution is that?

Seems like a fundraiser for Libra.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:07:44 PM

So 100% of Libra coins are premined and owned by libra.org

Libra.org makes billions if not trillions of dollars selling the Libra tokens they created out of thin air. What kind of fair distribution is that?

Seems like a fundraiser for Libra.

Libra might bring good things to crypto community but there are many things that are still in question here.
They have no block explorer where we can trace the transactions. Or am i missing something?

As stated above, Libra is designed to be a stable digital cryptocurrency. But not like any other altcoin that is peg to some fiat currency.
They are not by any means peg to any fiat currency.
They are open source but are they really open source?
And they already acquired long list of partners. Pretty interesting.

But why are they using the services of WordPress VIP? Though high-end managed WP hosting, still it is WP.

U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 07:32:54 AM

Libra will accelerate digital crypto currency application and recognition,but just effective for BTC,ETH and less TOP projects.
For many others,this's really a bad news that will kill them gradually.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 04:23:49 AM

Did they make any official comments yet whether they will do an ICO/IEO for LIBRA or they will be just minable?
NO ICO/IEO for Libra and Libra isn't minable. Libra is based on proof-of-stake. If you are ordinary people, you can't make money on Libra since it is like a 'stable coin'.

If you want to earn money with Libra, maybe you can be one of the founding members that paid a minimum $10 million, just what said below and you can read more about Libra there.

Libra is totally different on some cryptocurrencies that are totally shit and scattered over that doing such an ICO/IEO just to scam and steal people's money.

LOL not even in my wildest dream I can imagine to pay up $10M to become a founding member but still, I am interested in finding out what LIBRA will bring in for the crypto community, 2020 is going to be really awesome.

Fleytz

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:20:13 AM

I'm really hoping libra and gonna stock it for POS...
Just hoping they will starting the ICO with much lower price first... Grin
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:59:16 AM

I'm really hoping libra and gonna stock it for POS...
Just hoping they will starting the ICO with much lower price first... Grin
There is not any information about their implementation plan, maybe ICO, STO, IEO or not because they have really strong partners. If so, we are excited and eager to see Libra perfect. One information I read about big corporations / companies such as visa, mastercard, paypal has contributed to the $ 10 million Libra project / each partner.

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 02:46:20 PM

Libra dice or stfu!  Cool  Lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 10:00:51 AM

While Libra is starting to spread, and there are already started to take advantage of Libra, which they are started to spread some scam that can lead some people to fall, especially those newbies in cryptocurrency or non-techy people.

One of the examples is this, fake Calibra Website. Please be aware! This is just starting, expect more scam that is about Libra.
FAKE Calibra website - SCAM - BEWARE

gembitz

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 02:14:50 PM

While Libra is starting to spread, and there are already started to take advantage of Libra, which they are started to spread some scam that can lead some people to fall, especially those newbies in cryptocurrency or non-techy people.

One of the examples is this, fake Calibra Website. Please be aware! This is just starting, expect more scam that is about Libra.
FAKE Calibra website - SCAM - BEWARE

Libra is the scam you n00b! Wink lel

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Prettygirl01315

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 04:15:22 PM

i am just hoping that libra will be decentralize to make cryptocurrency great again to its natural aspect on anonymity because right now all are centralized and some of it are needed KYC for accounts
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 06:28:26 AM

i am just hoping that libra will be decentralize to make cryptocurrency great again to its natural aspect on anonymity because right now all are centralized and some of it are needed KYC for accounts

Till now, we don't see any specification released by the team only people speculating but it is already decided that it is going to be a global currency like Bitcoin, but how far it will going to get reputable and how it is going work we have to wait for further details from their concerned teams.
sergo30

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:37:02 PM

Libra - Facebook Coin. Official information, expert assessments, insights. Where and how to buy, sell and use Libra cryptocurrency. All information in one place - https://t.me/Libra_info
haufranco

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 11:01:55 PM

I dont understand. If fb's CEO really wants to enter the world of crypto, why not buy a mid-cap currency directly?
Regulation is on point. FB CEO plays govt role
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 11:36:42 PM

With enough money backing the project it has a high chance to succeed. Even though there are recent talk from the highest level in the USA against crypto, the forces behind Libra are strong. There are some big names backing it. From page 4 of the whitepaper the founding members are listed as:

Payments: Mastercard, PayPal, PayU (Naspers’ fintech arm), Stripe, Visa
Technology and marketplaces: Booking Holdings, eBay, Facebook/Calibra, Farfetch, Lyft, Mercado Pago, Spotify AB, Uber Technologies, Inc.
Telecommunications: Iliad, Vodafone Group, Blockchain: Anchorage, Bison Trails, Coinbase, Inc., Xapo Holdings Limited
Venture Capital: Andreessen Horowitz, Breakthrough Initiatives, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, Union Square Ventures
Nonprofit and multilateral organizations, and academic institutions: Creative Destruction Lab, Kiva, Mercy Corps, Women’s World Banking
gembitz

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 01:21:20 AM

With enough money backing the project it has a high chance to succeed. Even though there are recent talk from the highest level in the USA against crypto, the forces behind Libra are strong. There are some big names backing it. From page 4 of the whitepaper the founding members are listed as:

Technology and marketplaces: Booking Holdings, eBay, Facebook/Calibra, Farfetch, Lyft, Mercado Pago, Spotify AB, Uber Technologies, Inc.
Telecommunications: Iliad, Vodafone Group, Blockchain: Anchorage, Bison Trails, Coinbase, Inc., Xapo Holdings Limited
Venture Capital: Andreessen Horowitz, Breakthrough Initiatives, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, Union Square Ventures
Nonprofit and multilateral organizations, and academic institutions: Creative Destruction Lab, Kiva, Mercy Corps, Women’s World Banking

thats why it's retarded ~ bitcoin cannot be reinvented..genie is already out the bottle!  Cool  zuckerN00bs~

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 06:27:38 AM

Why they dont have any inforemation about launch date? I think they should register trademark aoutside USA, as they will interfere launch such strong competitors of banking system...
gembitz

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:00:44 PM

Does anyone know how much backed funds they have so far? As I know some big companies invested for 10 mln usd each... Does facebook going to allocate some funds for their coin too? And when will be official launch of their coin?  

via issuing one coin per facebook acct ;-D lol ~ proof of censorship algo

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 04:11:48 PM

thats why it's retarded ~ bitcoin cannot be reinvented..genie is already out the bottle!  Cool  zuckerN00bs~

It is nothing about re-invention. My argument is that where there are billions of dollars and big names behind something it will be difficult to fail. Bitcoin will always be there and be the pioneering king, but with the penetration like Facebook there could be quick mass adoption of whatever Facebook puts on the table, especially if the card associations are behind it as well.
haufranco

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 09:44:30 AM

It is nothing about re-invention. My argument is that where there are billions of dollars and big names behind something it will be difficult to fail. Bitcoin will always be there and be the pioneering king, but with the penetration like Facebook there could be quick mass adoption of whatever Facebook puts on the table, especially if the card associations are behind it as well.

So true. They just made money on us promoting libra by all the means. Whatever we want it or not bigger money behind
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: