May 08, 2024, 01:36:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Choose 1 Car You Would Desire to See as a Top Referral Prize
2020 Lamborghini Huracán Evo
2020 Corvette ZR1
2020 Tesla Roadster
Other (please state what other in your post)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔴🔴 [POLL] What top prize tickles your fancy? 🔴🔴  (Read 476 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 04:28:34 PM

I voted for Other, the Other being 1983 DeLorean.

As for Vod: Vod, where does it say this is a lottery? I don't know what Gleb is trying to do here exactly but I didn't see the word "lottery" written before you wrote it.

To be fair towards VOD, lottery could've been implied, albeit it's no such thing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 07:56:26 PM

As for Vod: Vod, where does it say this is a lottery? I don't know what Gleb is trying to do here exactly but I didn't see the word "lottery" written before you wrote it.

To be fair towards VOD, lottery could've been implied, albeit it's no such thing.
I think these discussion or inputs should be started on a new thread on reputations section  Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 08:51:48 PM

I think these discussion or inputs should be started on a new thread on reputations section  Wink

We're on-topic, for the subject pertains to lottery.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2019, 03:23:36 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2019, 06:44:13 AM by Vod

A lottery is generally defined as a promotion in which all three of the following elements are present: PRIZE, CHANCE and CONSIDERATION.

PRIZE: Anything of value awarded to winners: cash, trips, cars, or merchandise for example.

CHANCE: Winners are selected by a random process (i.e., drawing, seeded winning objects, pre-selected numbers)

ALL 3 MUST be present: Prize + Chance + Consideration.

My model does not include "CHANCE" whatsoever.

Your model does not include any chance at all?  

I think you are implying chance has to be a "random" drawing, which is not the case.

I am not guaranteed to win if I participate.  There is a chance someone else will win.  I cannot control other's actions to eliminate this chance.

Just read up on the rules for giveaways - otherwise your domain will probably be seized.   Of course, you would be out nothing other than your time if this happened, but everyone else who participated would have lost their consideration.  If this type of lottery/raffle/etc was legal, everyone would be doing it.

Thanks for your ongoing support in making bitcoin a legitimate currency.  Smiley

Edit:  I located the following:
According to 12 USCS § 25a , “lottery" includes any arrangement whereby three or more persons (the "participants") advance money or credit to another in exchange for the possibility or expectation that one or more but not all of the participants (the "winners") will receive by reason of their advances more than the amounts they have advanced, the identity of the winners being determined by any means which includes--

(A) a random selection;

(B) a game, race, or contest; or

(C) any record or tabulation of the result of one or more events in which any participant has no interest except for its bearing upon the possibility that he may become a winner.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2019, 01:58:20 PM

A lottery is generally defined as a promotion in which all three of the following elements are present: PRIZE, CHANCE and CONSIDERATION.

PRIZE: Anything of value awarded to winners: cash, trips, cars, or merchandise for example.

CHANCE: Winners are selected by a random process (i.e., drawing, seeded winning objects, pre-selected numbers)

I think you are implying chance has to be a "random" drawing, which is not the case.

I am not guaranteed to win if I participate.  There is a chance someone else will win.  I cannot control other's actions to eliminate this chance.

Just read up on the rules for giveaways - otherwise your domain will probably be seized.   Of course, you would be out nothing other than your time if this happened, but everyone else who participated would have lost their consideration.  If this type of lottery/raffle/etc was legal, everyone would be doing it.

Thanks for your ongoing support in making bitcoin a legitimate currency.  Smiley

According to 12 USCS § 25a , “lottery" includes any arrangement whereby three or more persons (the "participants") advance money or credit to another in exchange for the possibility or expectation that one or more but not all of the participants (the "winners") will receive by reason of their advances more than the amounts they have advanced, the identity of the winners being determined by any means which includes--

(A) a random selection;

(C) any record or tabulation of the result of one or more events in which any participant has no interest except for its bearing upon the possibility that he may become a winner.

In a race between you and 9 other people, there's a chance the you may not win, ergo a lottery since chance was involved.

Here's a better example gleaned from a company in the US:

https://simplora.com/affiliates

Simplora is a debt-free company located in South Florida. Our mission is to make website/funnel building as simple as possible for the average user

Every month, the top 3 affiliates will receive special prizes. These can range from Tayroc Watches, smartphones, tablets, computers, and even all expense paid vacations

Is that considered a lottery because there's a chance ALL others participating in the referral program can't win the top prizes?

How about some crypto examples ...

https://bullsoncryptostreet.com/become-an-affiliate/

You will have a chance to win prizes for your effort along with your commissions. We will have competitions during launches and random prize giveaways for our top affiliates.

Personally, I don't like that one cuz randomness is incorporated, something I will NOT do.

https://coldstoragecoins.com/pages/become-an-affiliate

When you become a top selling Cold Storage Coins™ affiliate, you’ll be eligible for exciting contests and prizes. As the Crypto market matures, the demand for secure cold storage does too, and becoming a top affiliate is within your reach.

http://cryptoaffiliatechallenge.com/

Bonuses & Prizes Paid in Crypto!

You not only receive commissions on revenue you generate, you are also eligible to win prizes and bonuses when you reach milestones. Login to see breakdown of bonuses and prizes.

I consider this one an illegal lottery: https://bitcoinmagazine.nl/2018/06/win-a-lamborghini-in-cryptics-giveaway/?lang=en (they even state it's a lottery, of which Bitcoin Magazine promotes).

Here's the best example: https://coinidol.com/nagezeni-lambo-giveaway-will-entice-you/

One lucky champion will be rewarded with nothing less than a Lamborghini Huracan for the best trading volume, while the couples of exclusive and super expensive watches and 160.5 ETH are going to the rest of the 1000+ winners. The more NZE tokens users will trade, the better prizes they will get.

Ouch! Imagine tens of thousands of other traders unable to control other's actions to eliminate the chance to be one of the top 1,000 traders.

Seriously, VOD, my proposed project IS NOT considered a lottery by any stretch of the imagination.

Peace, bud.

Bruno

PS: @Others, please weigh in in favor of VOD or myself re the lottery issue. Thanks in advance for your anticipated input.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 01:17:17 PM

Still seeking input on the poll, guys.

Also, please weigh in on the post above about VOD considering my proposed endeavor a lottery [et al.].

Bruno
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 03:41:00 PM

(A) a random selection;

In a race between you and 9 other people, there's a chance the you may not win, ergo a lottery since chance was involved.

Here's a better example gleaned from a company in the US:

https://simplora.com/affiliates

Simplora is a debt-free company located in South Florida. Our mission is to make website/funnel building as simple as possible for the average user

Every month, the top 3 affiliates will receive special prizes. These can range from Tayroc Watches, smartphones, tablets, computers, and even all expense paid vacations

Is that considered a lottery because there's a chance ALL others participating in the referral program can't win the top prizes?

How about some crypto examples ...

https://bullsoncryptostreet.com/become-an-affiliate/

You will have a chance to win prizes for your effort along with your commissions. We will have competitions during launches and random prize giveaways for our top affiliates.

Personally, I don't like that one cuz randomness is incorporated, something I will NOT do.

https://coldstoragecoins.com/pages/become-an-affiliate

When you become a top selling Cold Storage Coins™ affiliate, you’ll be eligible for exciting contests and prizes. As the Crypto market matures, the demand for secure cold storage does too, and becoming a top affiliate is within your reach.

http://cryptoaffiliatechallenge.com/

Bonuses & Prizes Paid in Crypto!

You not only receive commissions on revenue you generate, you are also eligible to win prizes and bonuses when you reach milestones. Login to see breakdown of bonuses and prizes.

I consider this one an illegal lottery: https://bitcoinmagazine.nl/2018/06/win-a-lamborghini-in-cryptics-giveaway/?lang=en (they even state it's a lottery, of which Bitcoin Magazine promotes).

Here's the best example: https://coinidol.com/nagezeni-lambo-giveaway-will-entice-you/

One lucky champion will be rewarded with nothing less than a Lamborghini Huracan for the best trading volume, while the couples of exclusive and super expensive watches and 160.5 ETH are going to the rest of the 1000+ winners. The more NZE tokens users will trade, the better prizes they will get.

Ouch! Imagine tens of thousands of other traders unable to control other's actions to eliminate the chance to be one of the top 1,000 traders.

Seriously, VOD, my proposed project IS NOT considered a lottery by any stretch of the imagination.

Peace, bud.

Bruno

PS: @Others, please weigh in in favor of VOD or myself re the lottery issue. Thanks in advance for your anticipated input.

VOD, this is a lottery, whereas my proposal IS NOT --> https://www.coindesk.com/this-ethereum-lottery-perfectly-explains-how-facebooks-corporate-backers-will-profit-from-libra.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 05:58:54 PM

Update: VOD removed the neg on my Trust thingy upon further review. Again, I've never had a problem with VOD, hence not getting ill with him for his actions, of which he honestly (most likely) felt it prudent at the time to tag me for proposing/advancing a lottery.

Peace, VOD.

Bruno
Mux@

Activity: 602
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:01:24 PM

When will your site work: http://www.iaolaunchpad.com/  Huh
I want to get detailed information about your project, learn technical details and get acquainted with the team that helps you in the implementation.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 10:31:18 PM

I want to get detailed information about your project, learn technical details and get acquainted with the team that helps you in the implementation.

Still populating the site with content, bud, with apologies.

Are you interested in joining the Team?

Bruno
Mux@

Activity: 602
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:31:05 AM

Bruno

I am interested to know about the conditions of joining the team and what are the requirements for candidates? How much capital investment will be required or is it free? When it's clear, then I can make a decision.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 01:23:15 PM

Bruno

I am interested to know about the conditions of joining the team and what are the requirements for candidates? How much capital investment will be required or is it free? When it's clear, then I can make a decision.

Wait, what? I can charge people for joining the team. In that case, I'm seeking no less than 100 TEAM members.  Grin Grin Grin

Seriously, bud, no capital investment is required to join the Team. But if something got lost in translation, the proposed project may require infusion of capital depending on what level you desire to participate.

Please stay tuned to this channel, plus I'll PM you when the site's ready.

Bruno
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2019, 02:48:07 PM

Thanks again to VOD.

This post also acting as a bump to garner further votes in the Poll.
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:47:29 PM

Wanna definitely join ya and I'd choose BTC over anything (even Lamborghini) but with some questions in my mind:

- As these numbers (in winnings) are extremely high, what do you expect from your affiliates?

- Those who participate in this, will they get paid their affiliate commissions? If yes, then is there are minimum withdrawal or we get a commission immediately after a sale takes place?

- What about taxes? Who will pay them?
Because the prizes are too big, they are surely taxable. If BTC is to be taken, then there's no issue as BTC can be kept hodl but what if someone choose Ghini over BTC (or any other crypto of their choice)?

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 04:27:23 PM

Wanna definitely join ya and I'd choose BTC over anything (even Lamborghini) but with some questions in my mind:

- As these numbers (in winnings) are extremely high, what do you expect from your affiliates?

- Those who participate in this, will they get paid their affiliate commissions? If yes, then is there are minimum withdrawal or we get a commission immediately after a sale takes place?

- What about taxes? Who will pay them?
Because the prizes are too big, they are surely taxable. If BTC is to be taken, then there's no issue as BTC can be kept hodl but what if someone choose Ghini over BTC (or any other crypto of their choice)?

Houston, we have a live one on the line.  Grin

Seriously, bud, I truly appreciate the well-thought-out questions pertaining to IAO Launchpad in spite of this thread was created so to poll a top [affiliate] prize (type of car or cash in the form of crypto). That said, I'll address each question in order.

... I'd choose BTC over anything (even Lamborghini) but with some questions in my mind:

As mentioned, cash via crypto in lieu of an Lambo et al. is an option on our platform.

As these numbers (in winnings) are extremely high, what do you expect from your affiliates?

Considering it's a numbers game, some affiliates will perform far better than others depending on their reach, e.g. a YouTube channel with a substantial subscriber base or having a FB or Twitter account with many followers which they blast content to on a regular basis.

Our business model does incorporate an airdrop for simply signing up and obtaining your referral code, of which also acts as a coupon code for purchasing future Utility Tokens of startups embracing our crowdfunding platform at a handsome discount.

Those who participate in this, will they get paid their affiliate commissions? If yes, then is there are minimum withdrawal or we get a commission immediately after a sale takes place?

Purchased tokens are distributed immediately. Airdropped tokens will be allocated prior to being available on exchanges. No minimums.

What about taxes? Who will pay them?

Being a US-based corporation, IAO Launchpad will adhere to tax laws pertaining to the US and perhaps abroad if warranted.

Here's to hopin' the TOP affiliate opts for the Ghini cuz then I'll get to hand-deliver it (on a trailer of course [if final location is in US]).

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, bud.

Bruno
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: