Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:25:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunters risk on ERC20 tokens in ICO  (Read 10462 times)
florac9

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 07:57:24 AM

There is no way to avoid this cos you won't know which project will implement locks on there tokens until after bounty ends ,the only way to stop this is to stop promoting bounties based on erc20 tokens but we all know that 90% of new projects uses erc20

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 08:02:19 AM

in my opinion, if locking is a common thing in the bounty world, especially ico I myself often follow bounties that do that, but indeed their purpose is good except that most locking projects do not guarantee the price will remain stable because some bounties can be dumped for no apparent reason such as bounty dealcoin sees now becoming garbage even though they have imposed locking for more than three months
Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 08:20:08 AM

yes I think it is indeed a risk for bounty hunters who have got tokens but cannot be sold because they are still locked / still being held. for example, the FBN token in the ERC20 wallet clearly has high value but unfortunately it is still locked and we cannot sell it now.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 08:32:39 AM

actually it is not a good thing for the bounty hunters, this would mean a further wait before being able to monetize their work and with the uncertainty of the price in the long term, i hope that not all the ico will adopt this system
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 09:14:19 AM

If the project is legit I don't mind the lock for the time being to at least avoid dumpers ,its one of the way to control dumpers and I like it ,for those saying it favours the teams just put yourself in the teams shoe ,I'm not supporting those project that put locks on tokens just to sell there own tokens ,I'm talking about serious projects
Yes, they do it to save the price of their asset. This is a good sign that the project will fight for the right to be under the sun. Of course, if they are not scammers.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 09:22:07 AM

I'm not surprised, it's very similar to releasing tokens to bounty hunters (unlocked) a month or three after the ICO/IEO which is also becoming common. It's obviously very frustrating for bounty hunters to receive tokens at 80%+ losses, as opposed to nearer the ICO price (or at least initial listing price), but I understand why the project do this. The only advantage I can see from this is that it encourages bounty hunters to engage with projects that they believe in (to a certain extend) or at least expect a more stable exchange price from after trading begins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kopisusu

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 10:02:25 AM

they do that to avoid dumps and think if the one who does dump is bounty hunter, in my opinion it's only nonsense because bounty hunter doesn't have many tokens that will cause dump and in my opinion locking tokens is not problem as long as you have received payment
Lock tokens are also done for team and advisor so it is impossible for them to sell and run
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1044
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 10:35:27 AM

they do that to avoid dumps and think if the one who does dump is bounty hunter, in my opinion it's only nonsense because bounty hunter doesn't have many tokens that will cause dump and in my opinion locking tokens is not problem as long as you have received payment
Lock tokens are also done for team and advisor so it is impossible for them to sell and run

Great, I just hope that will be the reality on all of these story that the team will not run. Last 2017 we've encountered some bounty campaign that ran away, and although they've given us the reward tokens but it was so disappointing that there was no trading volume on exchange site for our crypto reward. The ico platform is always dependent on how the developers will honestly run the ico, we can't say finally how legit unless it went through exchange site launching.

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 10:52:20 AM

What I have ever felt is that when I have received a reward from the bounty and the project locks it for reasons so that there is no dump and so that the value of the token increases. And I as a bounty hunter also understand that, I also can't do anything except follow what they do. Indeed there are also projects that lock in rewards for bounty hunters and until now the project no longer exists. It is very painful if we are in this situation, all have the right to sell the tokens they have. But on the other hand we want the value of the token to be valuable.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:04:50 AM

I don't know if everybody knows this, but there is now a risk in getting involved in ERC20 based ICO, and that is they are locking bounty hunters rewards after they've sent it to their bounty hunters,

So even if the coins are already sent to your wallet you really don't own it, because they can lock it anytime at their whims that's what happens to Dexage and Liker, they sent the tokens to their bounty hunters then lock it, so they will not dump, and will only unlock it maybe after they dump all their shares and run away.

what's your take on this bounty hunters?
That's a risk of being hunter, though of course you have nothing to lose but your time not unless you join the bounty and also you invest. We have to go for good bounties, but right now its hard to find it maybe when the price of bitcoin becomes good again, then good projects will come out and offer a good bounty reward. There are so many losses on the part of bounty hunters in the past months.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 11:05:39 AM

Only few project i have seen that they had locked the token in previous some projects but that was to avoid dumping from bounty hunters.

DmitFomin

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

BTC $1 mln.

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:07:06 AM

Bounty campaigns are not regulated at all and the rules often change during a campaign or after it is over. Now there are many different tricks to bounty hunters did not get their coins. One such trick is to swap coins from one erc20 to another erc20, as a result of which many bounty hunters do not do it and most of the coins remain in the wallets of the project team.

I think you need to more carefully select a project to participate in and pay attention to who the bounty manager is and the team members. You can also use bounty platforms to be more confident that you will get what you earn.

BTC $1 mln
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:16:57 AM

indirectly it is detrimental to the bounty, because they expect compensation for their work,
in order to replace it with fiat money, or to convert it to another altcoin.
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:47:29 AM

I'm on both campaign and I hate it for doing this to bounty hunters Liker devs are all liers they promised it last May then move it to June 15 now it's June 17 I will really hate these idiots, if they moved it to last quarter, Liker team are not honest and they are good at lying. 
Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 12:02:00 PM

I don't know if everybody knows this, but there is now a risk in getting involved in ERC20 based ICO, and that is they are locking bounty hunters rewards after they've sent it to their bounty hunters,

So even if the coins are already sent to your wallet you really don't own it, because they can lock it anytime at their whims that's what happens to Dexage and Liker, they sent the tokens to their bounty hunters then lock it, so they will not dump, and will only unlock it maybe after they dump all their shares and run away.

what's your take on this bounty hunters?

Yes. Their ICO is running, so lock their tokens so that the token holder is currently not selling below the ICO price. The liker is registered in P2PB2B.io. But not for exchange, just selling their ICO tokens there. We hope they really run their project well. Not for scams.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 12:35:41 PM

I just found out that it was from you, very worried if it happened to all hunters. The risk is always there but it's not just a risk, it's something that I think is very harmful and very clear to be avoided.

halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 01:44:40 PM

my only take is: how did you manage to get Hero Member here?
lol, I really like the idea of locking, because usually, it is fisically not possible to gain power and attention in ICO time, that is usually 4-5 month.
Instead of dumping the price, funds are locked.
If you were familiar in crypto, you should know that most of tokens that were sold to private investors are locked and unlocking by percentage term by term

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:47:31 PM

And could you kindly explain to us where is the risk? You are not risking anything, you don´t need to send ETHERs to a smart contract that will unlock your tokens.  Shocked

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:48:49 PM

Locking tokens is a smart step, but bounty hunters suffer because of this. It is difficult to say how good or bad to use such tools.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:52:01 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2019, 06:05:40 PM by PuertoLibre

My bet is there will be no BTC paying bounty campaigns in the future. The future of bounty payments are under the big question mark, I prefer to invest my time to other valuable activities than wasting time with no pay bounty campaigns. Instead of paying the BTC, paying in stable cryptos will solve the problem.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: