Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:54:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunters risk on ERC20 tokens in ICO  (Read 10462 times)
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:52:51 AM

I don't know if everybody knows this, but there is now a risk in getting involved in ERC20 based ICO, and that is they are locking bounty hunters rewards after they've sent it to their bounty hunters,

So even if the coins are already sent to your wallet you really don't own it, because they can lock it anytime at their whims that's what happens to Dexage and Liker, they sent the tokens to their bounty hunters then lock it, so they will not dump, and will only unlock it maybe after they dump all their shares and run away.

what's your take on this bounty hunters?
locking the token bounty is usually planned from the start, and we as bounty participants should already know that and that is a natural thing in my opinion not need to be worried because many projects like that now

We see many projects nowadays that is locking their tokens if they distribute it to their participants because they want to avoid dumping of tokens and they want to protect their investors,but remember not all the time bounty participants dump their tokens there are investors and members of the team dump their tokens also,and we cannot avoid worrying if the projects not make their promise and changes their rules because of their own interest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:28:18 AM

We now lack government regulation of the ICO. Indeed, the ICO teams now do what they want. This should not be. We need clearly defined rights and obligations of the parties. In civil law in general, there is no such that one of the parties declares that it can change any rules of the agreement at its discretion. This actually means there are no rules for this party. This contradicts the logic of transactions. The state should eliminate this.
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:30:34 AM

I don't think that ERC-20 or ICO is risky for bounty hunters. it all depends on how you choose the really good project. we can see the ICO ERC-20 token is also very good. even BNB token start from ERC and they develop their projects and make their own blockchain.

Xampeuu

Activity: 1400
Merit: 115

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:37:49 AM

I don't think that ERC-20 or ICO is risky for bounty hunters. it all depends on how you choose the really good project. we can see the ICO ERC-20 token is also very good. even BNB token start from ERC and they develop their projects and make their own blockchain.
I think this is one of the risks of a bounty hunter. sometimes we analyze the project well, but eventually the project ends badly. many tokens are locked and limited in time, so the bounty hunter can't trade it. if it's like that, it can only surrender

Chika08

Activity: 544
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:38:48 AM

I don't know if everybody knows this, but there is now a risk in getting involved in ERC20 based ICO, and that is they are locking bounty hunters rewards after they've sent it to their bounty hunters,

So even if the coins are already sent to your wallet you really don't own it, because they can lock it anytime at their whims that's what happens to Dexage and Liker, they sent the tokens to their bounty hunters then lock it, so they will not dump, and will only unlock it maybe after they dump all their shares and run away.

I will not call that risky and I will not say it's ideal as well. Although I have not come across such projects who will lock my wallet from sending it's token but I know a particular smart contract can be lock. I also know that bounty token can be locked if it's on a single wallet before distribution or the entire smart contract is locked and not locking individuals wallet after token has been sent. If that can happen, then why can't the team lock a scammer or hackers wallet?
cak imin

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:42:41 AM

I think this is one of the risks of a bounty hunter. sometimes we analyze the project well, but eventually the project ends badly. many tokens are locked and limited in time, so the bounty hunter can't trade it. if it's like that, it can only surrender
I think we all know it all. and it is true that you say it is a risk of a bounty hunter. now it all becomes a gamble that pits our luck. get paid or not, we have chosen to join, and we must accept all the risks.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 05:52:05 AM

I just see it as complete hunger for more promotion by providing a huge token for hunters that they will eventually lock or will later reduce. Many projects lack sincerity to bounty hunters and I believe some wise hunters now are not only joining bounty because of reward but for other factors such as this. Many ERC-20 tokens always end in deep shit and 99% of the project always like to be ERC-20 because of the cheap cost of making the smart contract.
zikzag

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Minter

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 06:13:17 AM

I have Liker tokens and they have been blocked for a long time. When this company held bounty, they did not speak about any blockages.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:42:53 AM

Ilker for the third time in a row refused to unlock their token for bounty hunters, now they are not giving any date for the unlock so there is no chance now for bounty hunters to trade their token wasted time and energy.

YUou can help bounty hunters by helping me flag this scam project
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;flag=231
ridha inoue

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:20:08 AM

Yeah i agree with you.
Erc20 bounty have a big risk to join.
If you take some research with erc20 bounty projects in 2018 almost of all is scam project.
Now if there is bounty erc20 i will never take that.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 08:21:24 AM

It would have actually being the best strategy if it is being done by a good company, and not only hunters too, they should also lock certain percentage of investor’s shares too because that is where the major dumping usually comes from and not from hunters. I don’t see this tactics working for too long, because people are known to always abuse things, and before you know it now, bad projects would hijack it to still scan hunters and people like you described in your post.

I don’t think they should implement this policy at all, because it will only end up working against them as hunters will completely be shunning any ICO projects that they see now, this is exactly what will bring the end to ICO if they do not take care.
xsantana

Activity: 680
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 08:56:33 AM

That usually occurs in projects that fail to launch the exchange. But they already have tokens and these tokens have no price value
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 09:48:47 AM

its good for me that i didnt discover that campaign before
it they tell it during the campaign it will discourage bounty hunter to pariticipate
the bounty hunter work for it and its not right for them to lock the token

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 10:03:30 AM

actually it is not a good thing for the bounty hunters, this would mean a further wait before being able to monetize their work and with the uncertainty of the price in the long term, i hope that not all the ico will adopt this system
They better not really adopt this system because It will discourage people like me completely about ICO, and one thing this guys need to start seeing is that, they are paying hunters salaries, why would an hunter work and not be entitled to his money at any time they pay, is it a must that hunter a to join investors in holding as investment.

This is really crazy and these developers are just having misplaced priorities. There are other things that need to be tackled concerning their project than chasing after hunters who are not the one that is making their price dump. People generally only invest in their project to get profit and leave, not to hold it for long term.
llecrf

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 10:15:33 AM

A good project and a good development team don't need to lock tokens to avoid dumps or do you want to cheat everyone, I am very worried about this, when the market is bearish in 2018 I still believe in projects that lock tokens to avoid dumps, but if at this time it happens, I think this is not a matter of the price of the token, but the developers are not ready to accept the risk after the project completes the ICO and is not successfully registered in the crypto exchange

☏ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☏ Telefy ☏ ▌☎ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☏ 
█ ⚔ ▌WORLDS FIRST CREDIT SCORE ORIENTED MULTI CHAIN DEFI SOLUTION ▌⚔ █
telefy.finance
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 10:21:37 AM

Rarely when bounty participants have been distributed have token locking. what language is usually explained. like waiting for an exchange to avoid exchanges outside the team's submission. this is a good goal

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 11:00:15 AM

I think we all know it all. and it is true that you say it is a risk of a bounty hunter. now it all becomes a gamble that pits our luck. get paid or not, we have chosen to join, and we must accept all the risks.

I see many people focus on making money from bounty, it is true that we have put effort into investing in campaigns. However, in my opinion, don't rely too much on bounty, it's simply a lucky game. If you're lucky, you can earn a lot of money
ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:06:39 PM

I think you're panicking for nothing. Now is a very good time to participate in bounty programs. Since the whole market raises the price. Today, it is profitable for projects to be listed on the stock exchange. Not to worry.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:39:56 AM

This new method of depriving bounty hunters their reward is really frustrating, six month isn't a long time but the problem here is the team, this type of action is favourable to hunters if the team is real and they aren't planing on abandoning the project after dumping loads of their token.
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:49:12 AM

Actually, some dev and team are doing that just to control the price of the coin and most times is for the good of the project and for the community but knowing that some are doing that just to dump their own share and run away is a bad thing to the crypto community at large.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: