Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:49:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new risk has surfaced in p2p trading, beware and stay safe!  (Read 453 times)
avikz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 03:48:10 AM
Merited by JSRAW (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

Dear fellow community members,

We all use p2p exchanges to cash out our earning but recently a new type of scam/fraud has surfaced. Hackers are using hacked bank accounts to send money to the sellers. But due to police complaints lodged against such hacked accounts, the seller's bank account is getting freezed and FIRs being lodged against them. 8-10 such cases have been reported in recent times for trades executed in localbitcoins website.

Please watch this video to get a better perspective of this incident,

https://youtu.be/sbvJ-m_4quM

Stay safe guys! Don't trade with a new trader just for getting a better price. Rather look at the ratings and number of trades before you finalize a trader to deal with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:38:18 AM

Thanks for the warning! but it is possible to hack a bank account?

I am not doing trades regularly at localbitcoin but I trusted lbc's reputation for trading so I don't dig too deep while trading. Lips sealed

But it is possible to find out the person from localbitcoin site because they need government ID to be verified for start trading right?

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:42:31 AM

The only way a bank account can be hacked is if the owner of the bank account is stupid to fall victim to social engineering or malware attacks.

Social engineering is a big word for guessing the right password based on your personal details. And there can be no way that a hacker has accessed the bank account as well as the 2FA mobile phone required to approve a transaction. And like I said, only a moron would lose both or disabled 2fa otp.

CK guy is knowledgeable in laws and regulation but doesn't understand how "hacking" works.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
playboy654

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 08:05:37 AM

KYC on localbitcoins not upto the mark. If  you are willing to sell your crypto in  India  try  p2p services on local exchanges like koinex(loop) etc. Localbitcoins allowing buyers / sellers to set  their own  trading rules. Most sellers ask  your  entire verification documents  and most of them will be sold  in dark web. If anyone know  any safe ways for a p2p trade please comment.
Like the above post mentioned even after you completing KYC you still need the bank account with the same name of the person and it is not possible to make transactions without OTP which is a good feature from Indian banks this is actually not available on most international banks even.

rsarkar

Activity: 102
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 08:47:30 AM

I think banks are closing accounts due to RBI pressure and has nothing to do with hacking. Same applies to Paytm accounts.
if the funds are from hacked accounts then the owner can first request a reversal from banks rather than directly lodging an FIR against the seller. Just a theory.

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/rslsrkr/
bitterbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 09:06:21 AM

there is a glitch in Paytm which few hackers or carders are using to scam on locabitcoins
these are:

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/singghost93/
https://localbitcoins.com/p/JAINPRAMOD/
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/vatanmishra290393/

pls be careful of these. Few have been reported and few not.
playboy654

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:37:15 PM

there is a glitch in Paytm which few hackers or carders are using to scam on locabitcoins
these are:

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/singghost93/
https://localbitcoins.com/p/JAINPRAMOD/
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/vatanmishra290393/

pls be careful of these. Few have been reported and few not.
But how you know them? Do you had trade with them earlier or someone who knew got scammed?

Chances of scam through localbitcoin is none because there is escrow in process. Roll Eyes

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 08:40:12 AM

This is nothing new. I was sent fraudulent citris cash funds and even after I filed an FIR, I couldn't get my money back. Here sending money from fraudulent bank accounts means the hackers are risking such a huge fraud so it would be for money in lakhs. But since the receiver also is falling in trouble, it's dangerous to receive such money as you can also look like the perpetrator.

avikz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:50:18 PM

This is nothing new. I was sent fraudulent citris cash funds and even after I filed an FIR, I couldn't get my money back. Here sending money from fraudulent bank accounts means the hackers are risking such a huge fraud so it would be for money in lakhs. But since the receiver also is falling in trouble, it's dangerous to receive such money as you can also look like the perpetrator.

Yes! And the worst part is that you won't know it immediately! While you are happy that you have received the money against your bitcoin and released the escrow, probably you will get a police visit on the next day or so! In the meantime, hacker are getting away with your bitcoin. It's better to look the reputation of the trader first!

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 05:03:55 PM

Yes! And the worst part is that you won't know it immediately! While you are happy that you have received the money against your bitcoin and released the escrow, probably you will get a police visit on the next day or so! In the meantime, hacker are getting away with your bitcoin. It's better to look the reputation of the trader first!

You must be aware of escrow.ms case so it's really too risky to even deal with reputed users. Those users may have also received hacked funds and will forward it to you. That's why I always dealt with Indian exchanges that sent money through their bank accounts rather than private individuals whose source of money is unknown. I got a call immediately from citrus when this happened to me so it doesn't take long.

Wapinter
Legendary

Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 11:50:30 AM

Better safe than sorry.P2p is even more risky as you dont know who you are dealing with.

avikz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 03:25:11 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2019, 03:38:31 AM by avikz

You must be aware of escrow.ms case so it's really too risky to even deal with reputed users. Those users may have also received hacked funds and will forward it to you. That's why I always dealt with Indian exchanges that sent money through their bank accounts rather than private individuals whose source of money is unknown. I got a call immediately from citrus when this happened to me so it doesn't take long.

I have been using localbitcoins since a long time now. And by God's grace, never faced any such issues! But what local exchange do you prefer to cash out ypur bitcoins?? I have never used anything other than LBC, so a recommendation will be helpful!

I am seriously thinking of leaving LBC now due to such risks! Also I am wondering how an Indian crypto exchange is still operating their business banking accounts in India even after the RBI ban on crypto businesses!

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 09:45:51 AM

I have been using localbitcoins since a long time now. And by God's grace, never faced any such issues! But what local exchange do you prefer to cash out ypur bitcoins?? I have never used anything other than LBC, so a recommendation will be helpful!

I am seriously thinking of leaving LBC now due to such risks! Also I am wondering how an Indian crypto exchange is still operating their business banking accounts in India even after the RBI ban on crypto businesses!

Currently I am using PayPal only and dealing with my trusted dealer/friend and am waiting to see the RBI case result. I don't trust LBC at all as you never know which user can cheat you.

playboy654

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:47:03 PM

Currently I am using PayPal only and dealing with my trusted dealer/friend and am waiting to see the RBI case result. I don't trust LBC at all as you never know which user can cheat you.
Paypal is reversible so don't trade unless you personally knows that person.

LBC is safe as long as you are trading with verified trader and get the identity verified with the name of the bank account.

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 04:17:52 PM

LBC is safe as long as you are trading with verified trader and get the identity verified with the name of the bank account.

I know and I deal with people who are known to me since 5+ years. LBC can be tricked too as people can submit fake IDs like it happened with Paytm.

playboy654

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:37:48 PM

I know and I deal with people who are known to me since 5+ years. LBC can be tricked too as people can submit fake IDs like it happened with Paytm.
Possibly we can get the fake ID to verify on darkweb for much cheaper but how is it able to have the account name of that same verified account while using bank transfer,if we don't make any transfer then the trade will automatically cancel after 90 minutes.

ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 09:06:57 PM

Yes the same experiences to happen to me in one of the big p2p exchange site, so we have to be careful before going to do any deals in p2p exchange, we have to cross check the seller or buyer full details with their proof.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
playboy654

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 08:05:22 AM

Yes the same experiences to happen to me in one of the big p2p exchange site, so we have to be careful before going to do any deals in p2p exchange, we have to cross check the seller or buyer full details with their proof.
Absolutely and Localbitcoins have provisions for that.

gullu

Activity: 456
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 11:50:11 PM

Till now I was using Wazirx. So its time for me to leave it and trade in this forum with a trusted user. Thanks for posting this information in the forum. I had once traded via hiribi.com and the deal went ok. I think I need to use that again for trading btc with paypal.

Wapinter
Legendary

Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 01:31:03 PM

Till now I was using Wazirx. So its time for me to leave it and trade in this forum with a trusted user. Thanks for posting this information in the forum. I had once traded via hiribi.com and the deal went ok. I think I need to use that again for trading btc with paypal.

You must check users review here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1766844.360 before using hiribi.com
Most users complaining of their paypal getting limited for receiving funds from hiribi

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: