Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:46:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell All Altcoins For Bitcoin?  (Read 9925 times)
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 02:04:34 AM

In the current market trend and other scenarios with cryptocurrencies, it's taking lot of time for projects to get fully developed. Even if development is done, a solid userbase is required to operate the project with full functionality.
So, point here is, genuine projects altcoins should be hold for very long term. Altcoins for which we don't see a good future in near term, should be sold out to buy btc.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kikoy999

Activity: 429
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:17:10 AM

great strategy is to sell all of your altcoins and invest in bitcoin because bitcoin price is so low today so I'm sure that when the price rises it will cost you money.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
yokai21

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:31:44 AM

selling all of my altcoins and investing in bitcoin will never do so because the price of bitcoin continues to decline and nobody can say if the price is higher, so you have the possibility to lose if you invest in it.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 03:19:49 AM

Most of my altcoins are priceless and i had plan to sell them and put my investment into bitcoin i had seen bitcoin is continue rising up even little by little i think this is the good sign of bitcoin for the recovery hopefully bitcoin in this year will make bull run.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:34:47 AM

Most of my altcoins are priceless and i had plan to sell them and put my investment into bitcoin i had seen bitcoin is continue rising up even little by little i think this is the good sign of bitcoin for the recovery hopefully bitcoin in this year will make bull run.
The value of Bitcoin is unpredictable because every day this coin is highly volatile and it is difficult to determine what will happen next in the market. What I can trust most is that Bitcoin will grow even higher this year because people are more inclined to invest in this market and with Facebook's participation in the last few weeks it is possible to see potential and power of this market will be very good in the near future. I personally hold a large amount of Bitcoin and will keep it until 2030 because I believe Bitcoin will be the most valuable coin in human history.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:00:46 AM

It's a good idea to sell your altcoins To bitcoin  whenever Btc is moving up, in some cases cutting loss is better so as not to get rekt because almost all altcoins will dip whenever bitcoin is moving up, it's not advisable to sell when bitcoin is dipping though

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:09:26 AM

I would not do that i will not sell all my altcoins to put all my investment into bitcoin, we do not know or predict what happen the price of bitcoin as i said crypto prices is volatility. we have to split our investment so that all our capital would not gone at all.
Kimonoe

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:18:04 AM

I would not do that i will not sell all my altcoins to put all my investment into bitcoin, we do not know or predict what happen the price of bitcoin as i said crypto prices is volatility. we have to split our investment so that all our capital would not gone at all.
My step is to reduce some altcoins and convert them to bitcoin. but altcoin which I think is potentially going forward, I will still maintain it. we know altcoin can pump thousands of percent. but most of the capital I invest in bitcoin

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:21:26 AM

Maybe that's true but depend on altcoin that you hold. There are many shitcoin on this crypto world, just give a short term profit and its price continue to down even we will the token will not have a price anymore. Bitcoin is the best investment place on crypto world, I believe there is no anyone who will find a huge loss with one note he has a high patient. Indeed, to devide the capital that you have is most important but you need to consider the place will you choose.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
basicnecromancycr

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 04:21:40 AM

It's okay, maybe in the long term, Bitcoin will do good. But what about the possibility of any altcoin that might be 10x as a Bitcoin pair? Considering the long term is not a bad thing always.
carrigan

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:33:44 AM

I also ever thought about only buying Bitcoin because I think that BTC is the only crypto that will give me great worth and profits. However, after learning by doing, I get some things. There are also found some altcoins that are valuable to support. Well, I know that it will not be so many. But for now, I really love XZC and SBTC for trading, but I still think twice for long term investment.
I still have ETH, XRP, and XLM and I think I will not convert it to BTC right now.
And yes, for other new coins, I really hope that I want to convert it to BTC as soon as possible.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:01:52 AM

Altcouns has it's own season, the time is coming when goo altcoins will move along with coin, if you want to sell your altcoins for btc you should have done that when bitcoin was still low let's say when it was 3k, this is not the right time to sell alt for btc.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 05:20:55 AM

I don't think it is a good idea to sell all altcoins for bitcoin, as nobody knows what would happen in future, but i firmly believe that altcoins would pump hard it is a matter of time.

motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:24:27 AM

Altcouns has it's own season, the time is coming when goo altcoins will move along with coin, if you want to sell your altcoins for btc you should have done that when bitcoin was still low let's say when it was 3k, this is not the right time to sell alt for btc.
The season of altcoins will come to us soon, because the season of bitcoin has come nearly to its end. It is so ridiculous to ask "Sell All Altcoins for Bitcoin", like the written OP. In contrast, now it is time to aks an opposite question: Is it time to sell all bitcoin for altcoins (good altcoins)? I think the latter question make more sense in current phase of crypto market. How long has bitcoin started its bull run? More than 6 months, that is long enough to hit its turning point, from which bitcoin domination will fall and altcoins will see their own season.
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:26:26 AM

There is a risk and benefit factor in crypto trading. BTC reached ATH yet the profit was low if you compare successfull alts. I bought a token at 8 cents and sold at 2usd. Now compare the profit percentage, is not it quite high than btc. If you buy btc at 200usd that is another thing. I waited 6 months only, in case of btc you had to wait some years
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 05:31:04 AM

I bought altcoins a while back. Example coins such as waves and powerledger.  I also have bitcoin cash from the fork etc. 

I bought altcoins back then thinking hey if btc goes up, altcoins will go up more.  Of all the altcoins i ever bought, not one altcoin I have is higher than the current price i bought it at.  Every coin i bought whether it was the huge bull run or before it, such as waves, I'm down money.  Well technically not down as most of these coins, i just hold.  I did sell some though.  The only coin i did buy that is up now is litecoin... but i have none of that now because i sold those a while back.  That's right the one altcoin i sold would be in profit now. 

Also if you look at the prices with bitcoin, its like many of the altcoins i hold, they are not even going up compared to bitcoin at all.  They are either same price or dropping.  Does anyone here think its best to sell all your altcoins for btc?  I heard tons of things about waves.  Yet nothing happening to the price except going down.

Also when i say altcoins, i know it means every other coin but bitcoin.  But i mean specifically like those altcoins that are not in the top 20.  I mean when you look at ETH, bitcoin cash, litecoin, i think these are legit as prices correlate to btc price.  But if you look at those altcoins especially that is not in top 50 for example, many prices have dropped.  I bought coins where price is still down 90% or so.

Now if you say yes, what about bitcoin cash?  Or say bitcoin sv or bitcoin gold? 

Because the more i think about it, if cryptocurrency goes up very high, well it seems like there's only a few coins only that could do that?  Thus bitcoin, litecoin, eth, bitcoin cash, dash, monero or say bitcoin sv?  I heard ripple is centralized so can't imagine it being the standard.  I mean if there were only 3 coins left... what would that list have to be?  I would figure its bitcoin, bitcoin cash and litecoin.  If i had to include a few more, probably ETH and Dash.

I back then also wanted to get coins like funfair, edgeless and a few other altcoins.  But now when i look at it, isn't it basically throwing money away?  I think if i were to buy more crypto now, the only coin i would buy is bitcoin, litecoin or bitcoin cash.  Maybe dash and monero. .

Thoughts on all of this?
this is definitely your strategy and your choice in making investments. personally I do take a different approach on my investment plans and holding only bitcoin is quite a risky investment. I will always invest  and hold altcoins alongside bitcoin for diversification purposes

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Marcus yoyo

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 06:32:59 AM

Indeed the price of bitcoin is increasing and improving. Some altcoins are following bitcoin price increases but not all of them. If indeed you are holding a coin that is less profitable at this time then you should indeed sell and exchange it for bitcoin. I think bitcoin is more profitable than many altcoins for current conditions. At least you are not at a loss that makes you even worse. You must immediately make a decision before you regret losing all your money. I'm afraid that later the coins you have become ashes before exchanging for bitcoin.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 07:08:13 AM

Indeed the price of bitcoin is increasing and improving. Some altcoins are following bitcoin price increases but not all of them. If indeed you are holding a coin that is less profitable at this time then you should indeed sell and exchange it for bitcoin. I think bitcoin is more profitable than many altcoins for current conditions. At least you are not at a loss that makes you even worse. You must immediately make a decision before you regret losing all your money. I'm afraid that later the coins you have become ashes before exchanging for bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the safest investment in the cryptocurrency market. And I think selling altcoin and exchanging it to bitcoin is the right step because bitcoin is a major asset in the market, moreover the price of bitcoin is now increasing
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 07:10:27 AM

I think its a thinkable idea but my old man always says dont put all the eggs in the same basket. So in this perspective it can be dangerous for your portfolio.

masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:56:57 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2019, 04:57:36 AM by masterrex

Your idea is not good for me base in my opinion! Since its dangerous to keep all your investment in just one coin/token, Its better to learn in a simple reminder "dont put all your eggs in one basket" Ill still choose to buy and invest on numerous coins/tokens as long as it was promising and has a working product and services that may drive the coin/token demand in the near future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: