Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 06:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How easy it is to hack a self-driving car  (Read 126 times)
pamchik (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 08:57:21 AM

By learning how the system recognizes images, researches have found a way to confuse the system. To do so they only need a printer and sticky paper.
Example: https://i.ibb.co/ZHS8TX4/photo-2019-06-17-03-34-50.jpg
With stickers placed in right places, car's autopilot reads a stop sign as a 45miles/hour sign 100% of a time.
Can you imagine what can happen with such weak points in autopilot algorithm?
 Another hack can be done by placing interference stickers on the road. The system captures these and makes an abnormal desicion to enter
into the reverse lane.

All those testes were performed using only car's sensors and cameras without connection to database. Fortunately autipilot also relies on
database where it can find
information about all road signs and traffic lights in the area which can't be messed up by anybody.
 Self-driving cars were considered as a distant future for a very long time. But now its here with all its disadvantages and faults.

What are your thoughts about this?
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 09:40:30 AM

Most digital we are getting the chances of more hack also possible.I saw some videos regarding hacking and they uses RF signals to hack smart cars and steal them which also can be used for opening the doors as well with semi smart cars.

pamchik (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 10:08:18 AM

Most digital we are getting the chances of more hack also possible.I saw some videos regarding hacking and they uses RF signals to hack smart cars and steal them which also can be used for opening the doors as well with semi smart cars.
The consequences of hacking somebodies PC and a self-driving piece of metal is different
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: