Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Libra the Ethereum + Ripple + EOS + TRON + .... killer?  (Read 1332 times)
Febo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:56:29 PM
Merited by tk808 (5)

Is Libra the Ethereum + Ripple + EOS + TRON + ....   killer?

https://developers.libra.org/docs/assets/papers/the-libra-blockchain.pdf

From paper we see what they try to do and is a combination of coins I mentioned. Can they survive in a war against Facebook?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 03:09:33 PM

Here

To drive widespread adoption, Libra is designed to be a currency where any user will know that the
value of a Libra today will be close to its value tomorrow and in the future. The reserve is the key
mechanism for achieving value preservation. Through the reserve, each coin is fully backed with a
set of stable and liquid assets. With the presence of a competitive group of liquidity providers that
interface with the reserve, users can have confidence that any coin they hold can be sold for fiat
currency at a narrow spread above or below the value of the underlying assets. This gives the coin
intrinsic value from the start and helps protect against the speculative swings that are experienced
by existing cryptocurrencies.

There's no speculation in Libra. So, it would not compete with the said coins.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 03:27:42 PM

From paper we see what they try to do and is a combination of coins I mentioned. Can they survive in a war against Facebook?

i think most of altcoins will be below this libra, except ethereum
because ethereum is the best altcoins and the first smart contract platform in this industries my friend
and thats why, i still believe if libra will not kill this ethereum, because ethereum already one step ahead  Wink

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 03:41:40 PM

Its a battle to fight. I don't know if facebook can fight the fud either. Facebook will now have to listen to the people conservative enough about privacy. There are more than 50% of the entire world population that doesn't have facebook accounts, that's a fighting chance for all the rivals they have to face. All in all its BTC that will win though.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:08:07 PM

more competitions from all the coins above is good for this crypto world
because, all the team member from project will do the best for their project, if they want to be the winner
maybe libra will bring somethhing new in this crypto industries, because a lot of hype and speculations coming to this coin
but, who knows ? because crypto world is unpredictable Wink

Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:12:33 PM

I really think LIBRA will do more good to the entire crypto market, rather than being a threat. I don't think ETH, TRX, and other existing projects have anything to worry about since Libra cryptocurrency will be a stable coin and its more centralized comparatively. Well this calls for more development progress for existing crypto projects.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:25:00 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2019, 07:47:27 PM by l8orre

from the technical whitepaper:

The Libra Blockchain
Abstract
The Libra Blockchain is a decentralized, ...

decentralized := PERMISSIONLESS

so if this is not PERMISSIONLESS, then the first sentence of this 'white paper' is already complete and utter bullshit!

Now everybody just picture that piranha-like swarm of blockchain savvy black hats that are already cultivating their hardons for when they finally get a go at molesting sweet facecoin!

Grin

Ain't gonna be enough popcorn in the universe (remember to stock up long positions!), because this will inevitably get hacked-

or does anyone seriously think that a centralized sillycone valley run corporate $hitcoin with a cpl billion facebook users will not have boatloads of vulnerabilities waiting to be exploited?

right. decentralized soon

The Libra Blockchain will be decentralized, consisting of a collection of validators that work together
to process transactions and maintain the state of the blockchain. These validators also form the
membership of the Libra Association, which will provide a framework for the governance of the
network and the reserve that backs the coin. Initially, the association (and validators) will consist of
a geographically distributed and diverse set of Founding Members. These members are organizations
chosen according to objective participation criteria, including that they have a stake in bootstrapping
the Libra ecosystem and investing resources toward its success. Over time, membership eligibility will
shift to become completely open and based only on the member’s holdings of Libra. The association
has published reports outlining its vision [1], its proposed structure [3], the coin’s economics [4], and
the roadmap for the shift toward a permissionless system [5].

While this method of assessing validator eligibility is an improvement on traditional permissioned
blockchains, which usually form a set of closed business relationships, we aspire to make the Libra
Blockchain fully permissionless. To do this, we plan to gradually transition to a proof-of-stake [47]
system where validators are assigned voting rights proportional to the number of Libra coins they hold.

Grin
Mr.Zero

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:33:13 PM

i really really never think if that will happen.
LIBRA facebook coin, a minutes ago i check the website and read the whitepaper of LIBRA.
there is not have something special for me and i have a little doubt if LIBRA is not have expectation.
just my speculation.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM

TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:49:44 PM

Libra will be a giant coin for sure, but its cannot kill ETH XRP etc, the decentralized coins still always better than centralized coins, and i think LIbra is kinda centralized, but in other side it is good signal for crypto, im sure many people who still dont know about crypto will know after they search about Libra
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 05:36:15 PM

Some coins may be effected due to the launch of libra coin but in the end every coin is unique and we cannot say that this coin will kill the other coin and regarding ethereum i have no confusion it has clear path ahead and we will see new all time high prices soon, just let it break 500-600 mark and then bulls will completely take over so im all in ethereum from here.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 06:10:02 PM

As of yet we do not know the extent of the platform's smart-contract capabilities. Because of this, we cannot be sure that there will ever be dApps running on the Libra blockchain.

Unless there are dApps, it will not directly compete with Ethereum, EOS or Tron.

That said, Facebook has stated that its move programming languages is smart contract capable, but failed to reveal anything more.
Grishanya1234

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 06:23:41 PM

Yes, indeed, Libra will become a major token that will enter the top 20 tokens, but it will not be able to compete with such a large token as Eth and for the fact that whoever invests in Libra anyway, Eth is much more and, accordingly, more demand and of course more price all simply.
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:06:32 AM

Do you know why Ethereum can reached the 2nd top position in cryptocurrency ?
Because ETH have real use case, many peoples and big companies using ERC-20 tokens.
If Libra have some good use case in the future, then it can battle against the existing coins.

Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:23:23 AM

Can they survive in a war against Facebook?

That's up to us, we are the one making the future of crypto.
Bitcoin is not the superb one in terms of used case or technology, but it still remains in the number 1 and even the most dominant currency, so I'm saying, Libra is not gonna destroy all the coins you've mentioned, they'll probably grow but this market will also grow and that results to increase of adoption.

binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 03:38:56 AM

I don't think Libra coin can impact those who have gone before. I know that Libra coin has strong capital and great partners. they will certainly grow very fast but that does not mean that it will be able to make the capitalization of ETH and other altcoins go down.
Libra still needs a lot of time to adapt and develop their plans. do not worry. Wink

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 03:59:19 AM

If Libra is going to be a stable coin, then there is no point in buying it at the start. If it gets popular after the launch, then we can use it as our stable currency; if it doesn't, we can go back to the old ones like trueUSD or Tether.

Personally, with the big names behind this coin, I think this coin will dominate the stable coin market and become the most popular stable coin. Nonetheless, I shall keep looking at non-stable coins for investment purposes.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:13:40 AM

Yes because Libra itself was created to perfect the previous altcoin. Isn't this indeed the law in crypto where there will always be new coins that perfect the coins before and now libra is present to perfect them.
Now for more, let's see how the libra works, whether it has a better ability than the previous coin or not.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
basicnecromancycr

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 04:16:04 AM

Isn't that stable coin or did I heard it wrong? Also, the America problem is still out there.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:38:29 AM

Facebook is a large company and has billions of members. But I don't think it will make coins like ethereum or others will die but maybe compete in the market. Everything depends on investors and markets, but Libra Coin must be a coin that has great potential in the future

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:34:24 AM

Unless there are dApps, it will not directly compete with Ethereum, EOS or Tron.

exactly, I don't think they will build anything similar, it does not mention decentralized computing.
For sure it will be a choice for e-commerce for being stable, fast and counting on a billion wallets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: