Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:07:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre - ICO vs just regular ICO Investor prospective needed!  (Read 299 times)
Stage3 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 09:10:09 PM

hey guys  Smiley

I have seen lots of project that do a Pre ICO (with discounts etc). The reason many project do that, is do invest the money into a succesful ICO as not every project has already a big Marketing budget.

I would like to know from you all if you have problem with Pre ICOs from a investor prospective or if you find that a common/normal way to launch a successful ICO.

Or do you prefer projects that just do a ICO without any Pre ICO.

I would like to know your opinion as investors which method you prefer and which makes a better impression at you.

Cheers and thank you for your feedback!  Smiley
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 10:44:22 PM

I didn't know that they are doing that.
Do you have any proofs to show that those projects that do pre-ICO invests their investors money to a successful project?
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 10:56:38 PM

I have seen so many projects doing pre ICO in the past, and it's not a guaranty that the project will be successful, in fact, there is a risk, they are giving a very high bonus or a very low discounted rate than when their token hit the market  the pre-ICO investors would likely dump their token when they realized their profit.

Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:43:26 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 07:01:39 AM by Stage3

Do you have any proofs to show that those projects that do pre-ICO invests their investors money to a successful project?

Hey mate, I dont have any proof. The question i asked is especially because their are hardly stats to find how many pre ICOs were successful and which of them reached their soft Cap initially. For me it is just good to know if an investor would still invest in a pre ICO or not.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:48:40 AM

If you follow the bounty you may know about this,lot of project actually conduct their sale in two phase and the first one called as pre sale with much discounts and the public sale with no discount for much extended time.Many successful project in 2017 didd this but all of them just gone into short term successful but in long term not sure of that.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:01:08 AM

So if i understand you right, you would prefer a regular ICO because the risk of dumping Coins once hitting any exchange is much lower right?-

My understanding is, if you have a great project a great product why would a project have to give such massive discount and risk a decline on the exchanges later on.
Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:07:21 AM

If you follow the bounty you may know about this,lot of project actually conduct their sale in two phase and the first one called as pre sale with much discounts and the public sale with no discount for much extended time.Many successful project in 2017 didd this but all of them just gone into short term successful but in long term not sure of that.

Thats what i assumed and noticed too. So do you think it is still a good idea to do this strategy in 2019?
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:55:39 AM

I would like to know your opinion as investors which method you prefer and which makes a better impression at you.

ICO projects are growing very much from 2017, until 2018 ICO has decreased against investor interest. But in my opinion now, Pre-ICO or ICO is less effective in raising funds, because the trend of investors is now more confident in the development of the IEO.
If you are a developer, you can do all three, namely, Pre-ICO, ICO, then IEO, now this IEO to win the trust of investors.
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:59:00 AM

I prefer projects that hold pre-ico because if the pre-ico can be successful we can predict when ico goes on or running, because if it's directly on ico without any pre-ico it will be very difficult to predict whether it will succeed or not, even though who held a pre-ico also is not necessarily guaranteed for success, but at least we already have a strong foundation when the pre-ico is finished.

Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 09:18:49 AM

Pre-ICO or ICO is less effective in raising funds, because the trend of investors is now , so i will prefer a regular ICO

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 09:23:43 AM

hey guys  Smiley

I have seen lots of project that do a Pre ICO (with discounts etc). The reason many project do that, is do invest the money into a succesful ICO as not every project has already a big Marketing budget.

I would like to know from you all if you have problem with Pre ICOs from a investor prospective or if you find that a common/normal way to launch a successful ICO.

in pre ico you will only get higher discount but the success of the coin is always depend on purpose
if your not sure in the thing you invest even you get high discount your not guaranteed to gain profit

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 11:06:00 AM

Thats what i assumed and noticed too. So do you think it is still a good idea to do this strategy in 2019?
In my opinion no,the chances of surviving now will be very less for ICO and even IEO is great threat for ICOs so you may splint your investments if you really wanted to invest on presale  but my view will be just go with IEO which has the reputation and HYIP or just buy the already existing coin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 11:57:48 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 12:08:44 PM by masterrex

I use to invest in ICO in 2017 at that time the ICO market was very active, in summation of the project ICO campaign was the Private sale, Pre-ICO and Main ICO in the case of Pre-ICO participants its advantageous because the Bonus are intact and the unit price of the project tokens was much cheaper, unlike the Main ICO period the price was already fix with no Bonus or whatsoever. I advice to participate in early period to avail more bonus. Pre-ICO or Regular ICO is different so choose the better.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 12:26:05 PM

as long as you are aware that you are making a bet with bad odds of winning and NOT making an investment, you are ok to invest in ICOs however you like. but if you have the delusion that you are "investing" in a "project" then i have to warn you that you are being fooled and you need to think again.

now with that said, placing a bet pre ICO is a bet with a much higher risk but a bigger reward if you get lucky and win because they will give you a discount. if you are a gambling person and have been bored of gambling in normal gambling games then go for it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 12:36:17 PM

hey guys  Smiley

Generally pre-ico are much more beneficial than the regular ICOs as the time interval between the two are less, generally below 6 months and the price difference are great.
The token when being listed would start around the ICO price which gives you a window to grab the profit for your coins.
Investing on ICO are generally unprofitable as the token tends to lose price on being listed on an exchange.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Patentico

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 12:42:56 PM

A pre-sale is generally not open to the public, during which less than 10% of the suggested hard cap is reached. These funds provide a lot of operational costs and also used in building infrastructure for the company. ICOs are open to the public and gather mass finances for future development, infrastructure & working capital.

You generally should invest only if you trully believe in what the company is offering.

Patentico.io (https://patentico.io/en-index.html)
---Intellectual Property on the Blockchain!---
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 12:43:32 PM

hey guys  Smiley

For the last 2 years I have been in the pool of investors from different countries of the world. We go to projects approved by the pool only at the pre ico stage.I believe that for the successful launch of ICO, a pre ico phase is simply necessary. Not all projects have initial capital. If the project is successful, then early investors get the most benefit.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 03:20:12 PM

Hey mate, I dont have any proof. The question i asked is especially because their are hardly stats to find how many pre ICOs were successful and which of them reached their soft Cap initially. For me it is just good to know if an investor would still invest in a pre ICO or not.
If that's your question, I don't think that there's still plenty of people who are into Pre ICO.

Unless if that pre ICO is made by facebook or any prominent company that's reported to be eyeing for the crypto market.
Kang TB

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 03:26:36 PM

hey guys  Smiley

pre ICO always have a huge bonus and i think thats normal,, if a project didn't have enough fund to develop the project in early stage
but i think the amount of tokens or coins thats sale during the pre ico stage should be reduced and maybe not more than 5%
to control the price after the tokens tradeable on exchange

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:04:48 PM

Honestly, pre-ico is something very limited most of the time and they are giving out such a big discount that the pre-ico prices are almost always funded very quickly even on the most stupid coins to ever exist and thats why you will have hard time catching it, however the reality is that if you want to really catch a pre-ico then you will have to react too quickly and invest into them on the first day which means you will not have time to research all of it, if you can't research with proper time then you will not know everything about the project and will be funding them blindly.

So, the options are getting discounts for an unknown coin or getting no discounts from a well researched coin. I would prefer the well researched one any time of the day if you ask me.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: