Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 09:29:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken / BnkToTheFuture NDA shell game?  (Read 154 times)
rkagerer (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:10:06 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 07:24:36 AM by rkagerer

Anyone here invested in the current round of Kraken fundraising, and have you noticed the BnkToTheFuture onboarding process shows a different NDA when viewed online vs. when you click the link to download it?

Here are some screenshots showing what I mean:

https://imgur.com/a/PD5YE6e

It's a fairly extensive NDA, I was already a bit queasy about signing it and this switcheroo nonsense stopped me in my tracks.  Maybe it's a simple technical mistake, but given the close association between the two partners for this venture I think it reflects poorly on Kraken.

Can any legal gurus weigh in on whether the ambiguity over which version is being agreed to impact how binding that checkmark is?  Does BnkToTheFuture have a problem now for all the people that already ticked it (i.e. if they try to enforce the version that differs from the one the customer read)?
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 06:14:57 AM

Payword, Inc., is a very different entity from Kraken. I believe BnkToTheFuture previously raised money on behalf of Payword, Inc., and the NDA you saw was probably applicable to that fundraising round.

If I wanted to review the investor page for Kraken, I would also click the box agreeing to the NDA, and my ticking the box would be me agreeing to the agreement linked under the "Please review NA agreement" header.

This might give you pause when deciding if you wish to use BnkToTheFuture to invest in Kraken, or any other company.
rkagerer (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 07:50:45 PM

@PrimeNumber7 is Kraken not owned by Payward Inc?  Their name is shown on the copyright at the bottom of the Kraken website, all over Kraken's Privacy and Terms of Service agreements, and according to Kraken's Wikipedia article they own it.

If you checkmarked that box after reading the downloaded PDF instead of the one shown online I think it would impact your position (read about consensus ad idem).
Lifestudent38

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 08:32:34 AM

Does anyone have some experience with bnktothefuture?

I got a sense of cartel-likeness from bnktothefuture... the kraken fundraise did not make anysense at all funds ($1 billion) vs equity staked (1%). That ratio implies that the company is valued at $100 billion!!! And that is purely outrageous...

Furthermore the companies that did a "fundraise" all seem connected in way or another if you follow the trails. All in all i am skeptical about them
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 01:48:49 PM

@PrimeNumber7 is Kraken not owned by Payward Inc?  Their name is shown on the copyright at the bottom of the Kraken website, all over Kraken's Privacy and Terms of Service agreements, and according to Kraken's Wikipedia article they own it.

If you checkmarked that box after reading the downloaded PDF instead of the one shown online I think it would impact your position (read about consensus ad idem).

Payward Inc is the regulated entity that deals with fiat at Kraken.

but bnktothefuture.com is a shitcan as it seems, they have no functioning support while dealing with money, what a bunch of monkeys.
after 3+ months of continuous verifications(kyc update) of ALREADY verified account I'm still locked out of my investment. [and I'm squeaky clean and kosher. what a bunch of...]

Also what kind of organization would allow to create endless number of support tickets and then do nothing to follow through on any of them and basically ignore my requests not to close the ticket and instead sending me auto replies with suggestion to close the ticket. 

sometimes some real people reply once or twice, I have no time to deal with it constantly, but every time I do something(EVERYTHING) they ask and I try to login into my account after a week or a few... I see that I'm still limited in account functions and can see but cannot trade or move my investment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: