Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:54:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PumpThisCoin.com - Half Joke/Half Social Experiment  (Read 883 times)
K Brizzle (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:01:24 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 07:42:47 AM by K Brizzle

I've been seeing a lot of lame pump and dump posts lately so I've decided to formalize the process. Introducing...

Every few days I will switch up the coin, and so will begin a new journey to the moon.

I have spent almost no effort on this project as of now, however if this takes off, I will implement the following features:
  • Voting for the next coin (instead of me just picking it)
  • Graphs and numbers and shit
  • Real-time tracking of price increase (see what I did there)
  • Real-time tracking and displaying of site visits
  • API for algorithmic trading
  • Prettier Graphics (notice how this is last)

Follow us on twitter

Awesome. You guys get to the pumping now.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:10:37 PM

This would be awesome if it took off

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

Why?
How about projects that promote long-term use of coins, not Pump and Dump?

goingDeaf

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

Bro, I heard you like a good pumping.
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:32:26 PM

Why?
How about projects that promote long-term use of coins, not Pump and Dump?

check out blackcoin then Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:32:48 PM

It's my firm belief that soon we will be seeing the end of the PnD reign.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:40:06 PM

How will this happen?
There would need to be a huge trading volume and market cap on alts for that, and it doesn't seem like it could happen soon.
iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:55:15 PM

How will this happen?
There would need to be a huge trading volume and market cap on alts for that, and it doesn't seem like it could happen soon.

Blackcoin multipool is the start of it
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

How will this happen?

care to elaborate that for us please?

edit: excuse me for my stupidity. you can ignore my question.

Kiss
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:04:11 PM

How will this happen?

I fail to see how this will stop Pump-n-Dumpers. The pool is an interesting idea, but really it's just an elaborate way to pump Blackcoin.
/Sorry for hijacking the thread. Btw, bought some NET Wink
sarlangg

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:04:29 PM

Fontas got a website?
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:31:34 PM

Will be nice to see coins that deserve a good pricing to be pumped t their real value and to what they are really worth and not dumped isn't it so it will be good to have a fair system in place aka a proper pumping club not fake one. Smiley. Following you on Twitter @ goldentags
K Brizzle (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:53:36 AM

Alright it looks like at least one person likes this idea, I'm going to start implementing voting since that seems to be the feature you guys want.
familiaverde

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:20:33 AM

Eccoin is a great coin : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=503236.0
jacquette

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:33:16 AM

USDe @ reddit Click Here

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:42:09 AM

Awesome. You guys get to the pumping now.

Just a tad of a fail on ur first pump lol
MMos

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:46:34 AM

How about releasing your main account first instead of hiding behind a alt account? Seems your quite familiar with the forum and all.

How can we ensure your voting system is legit and you will post the results right away instead of later or posting fake coin as the next coin when you already have bought in earlier?

Good idea! Give them a voting system, let them believe they have a choice in what is being pumped! The only person I see profiting out of all this is you.

K Brizzle (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:47:09 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 06:43:26 PM by K Brizzle

Pardon the stripping of your formatting, but it was too distracting.

How about releasing your main account first instead of hiding behind a alt account? Seems your quite familiar with the forum and all.
I have been trading BTC/Alts for a little over a year as I think they are excellent learning/teaching tool. I currently manage a small fund and also run a small mining operation. I have been around for a while, but just as a lurker. This thread is the first time I have actually posted on this forum. I however am flattered that you think otherwise.

How can we ensure your voting system is legit and you will post the results right away instead of later or posting fake coin as the next coin when you already have bought in earlier?
There is no way, or at least no easy way of ensuring this, but I feel you may be missing the point. I am not attempting to democratize or decentralize the decision to pump a coin. If I were interested in what that, I would create an exchange. This is essentially what you are describing. I am merely crowd-sourcing my decision because I don't want to look through hundreds of coins myself to choose which one looks the best. And of course to get the community involved with the decisions.

Good idea! Give them a voting system, let them believe they have a choice in what is being pumped! The only person I see profiting out of all this is you.
This might be true if we were talking about the actual stock markets where manipulation happens on a nanosecond scale, however we are not. Alt-coin bubbles historically last days. Assuming this site took off and it was actually able to effect markets (which is a big assumption), checking the site a few times a day will by expected value land you at the beginning of a bubble. An even easier approach would be to write a bot that scrapes the site every 30 minutes to check for a new coin. I will at some point open a push API for this exactly. It would not require that much effort to get in at the same relative "time" as someone who chose the coin to pump.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: