Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOID TOKEN - A new Crypto hyper-deflation experiment (Supply gets Destroyed!)  (Read 1110 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (8 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
gnomonick

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 06:41:47 AM

You should go with the black background and the black logo. If you need any help let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
voidtoken (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 07:45:14 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2019, 08:08:48 AM by voidtoken

The tokens have now been distributed. Someone made a bot that sent thousands and thousands of emails with addresses to claim airdrops, and while they were mostly easy to recognize (they all had the same formatting) it took hours to sift through them and find the real airdrop requests. When sending so many transactions (and trying to keep gas costs on the low side), sometimes transactions got dropped or sent a bunch of times instead of once due to retrying a seemingly dropped transfer, or the transfers failed to send totally despite good gwei, so sorry to anyone didn't get an airdrop for that reason, but the majority of transactions went through.

Some people will go to super lengths when it comes to trying to double dip or cheat. The email account got totally blasted with emails that didn't appear legitimate (Like 20 emails within the same minute, all with exact same formatting).

Special thanks to everyone who helped set up social media and different things, some people didn't meet the requirement of holding $ETH or $BOMB in the past but were able to get an airdrop anyway by making social media. I tried to send anywhere from 2x to 10x the airdrop to those that helped out and to whoever was at the bottom of the airdrop list. The social media will be ran by whoever has set it up and wants to run it. I plan to leave this experiment alone now, I am guessing that over the next few months this will be just one of dozens of deflationary experiment tokens. It's a cool idea and credit belongs to whoever came up with the idea first.  Keep in mind that ERC20 tokens like this one can be made easily and so it's often better to just watch an experiment play out than to buy tokens. Brand new tokens are most of the time worth $0. Coins like $Bomb and the classics (BTC, ETH, LTC etc) have already proven themselves and are relatively safe to buy. Most new tokens are just fun to mess around with to learn and try new ideas on the blockchain.

BRB, making another of the same but this time with 7% of the supply gets destroyed. Ultimate savagery who knows what'll happen!

lol. Ultimate Savagery™ would be burning 99% of each transaction.

It is true thought that the permissionless nature of the blockchain allows people to try any of these experiments they want. Anyone could try 7%, 50% or 99% if they thought it was worth trying and they don't need anyone else's permission to launch something on the blockchain, and then the most useful ones would probably be the most popular.
kidosneh

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 07:52:43 AM

The airdrop has ended- thanks for the overwhelming response on day 1. The tokens will be sent out before the end of June 21, 2019.

Coin name: VOID

Coin type: Hyper-deflationary

Initial supply: 1m Tokens

Supply cut: 5% of every transaction

Distribution:
Coins will be airdropped for FREE (meaning 5% of total supply will be cut from the supply very early on)
Contract on the Etherscan: https://etherscan.io/token/0xb8796542765747ed7f921ff12faff057b5d624d7

- Read till the end of this post for a potentially easy 500 coins! -

A new experiment has been sweeping through the Crypto world: Rapidly deflating tokens. These are coins that have their supply constantly reduced when used, making them rarer over time. Coins like $BombToken and $Nuke have been leading the way with experimenting on what happens when a token's supply is cut down with every transfer. Due to the fact that future generations will likely seek a non-inflationary monetary system, taking part in these experiments will help provide data-points for future generations who will be looking for the best implementation of a currency.

So far, these experiments have had a 1% and 2% cut to the supply amount of any transfer. This will certainty provide for interesting results. But what happens if you cut the supply EVEN MORE savagely?
Enter VOID TOKEN: Where token supply is thrown into the Void very rapidly.

With every transfer, VOID TOKEN cuts 5% of the transfer amount and burns it. Every time VOID is transferred, 5% of the value of that transfer is removed from the supply permanently (Sent into the void!).
 This means the supply of Void Token will rapidly reduce as it is transferred.

What interesting results will this lead too? No-one knows for sure! Void Token will simply be another data point in a growing experiment into deflating tokens.
 Void Token is not for sale: You can only get it through airdrop!

Why take part in this experiment? For fun and to see what happens. The coins are free to receive. Send them on to your friends and watch as 5% of the transfer is sent to the void (Burned from the supply).

This project is not being heavily advertised. My goal is to airdrop everything to whoever wants it and just let the tokens go free and see what happens, as a fun experiment. Don't expect the Void you receive to be worth any actual money or value, these are just tokens for what amounts to an interesting game/experiment. All Void is being given away in the airdrop.

All Tokens have been claimed!
How to claim your free $VOID TOKENS:

Send an email to voidtoken@protonmail.com stating your Ethereum wallet address. Your wallet must have held $ETH or $BOMB prior to June 19th, 2019 to receive the 2000-3000 VOID airdrop.

Other ways to receive free VOID TOKENS: Tweet about $VOID, mention it in a Youtube video or post about it on Reddit. Then email a link to your content to voidtoken@protonmail.com for between 1000-3000 Void tokens.
[/s]

Special challenges:

1000 VOID: Tweet about $Void - link to this thread or voidtoken.com
10,000 VOID: Create an automated Twitter bot which tweets how many $VOID were destroyed in the last 4 hours, like this one for $BOMB: https://twitter.com/BOMBlytics (paid out only to first user to complete mission)

10,000 VOID: Create a Subreddit for Void Token and make Reddit user /u/VoidToken a moderator (paid out only to first user to complete mission)

If you don't meet the requirement but really want a bit of Void, send me an email at voidtoken@protonmail.com - I will send out airdrops until the inbox is full, and then all Void will be randomly sent to holders of $Bomb who have between 5-200 $Bomb.

Once airdrop supplies are gone, all challenges are over. If you send an email but I don't respond or you don't receive any $Void within 48 hours, we probably ran out. All coins are free so I'm expecting them all to be gone within 48 hours. For starters, if you want 500 VOID, embed our logo in one of the next posts (I cant do it because my account is new) (Logo url: http://voidtoken.com/logo.png ). As a thank you to the first person to embed the logo in a post for me gets 500 VOID. Don't forgot to post your address or message it to me so I can send you the tokens!

[/size]

Hi, I really love the idea of this project. I hope it’s successful beyond expectations. However, are you looking for team members to assist you on the project? If yes, then I’ll be willing to join and work to help void token. I can design a very good website for void token, and also, a very attractive logo for void token. let me know your interest.
Cheers.
Jeddie

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 08:27:07 AM

The airdrop has ended- thanks for the overwhelming response on day 1. The tokens will be sent out before the end of June 21, 2019.

I haven't received my tokens though...please check your inbox for an e-mail from israelbolaji@gmail.com. I'm very confident that I'm one of the earliest applicants because I actually helped spread word about this token to other people....so I don't know why I wouldn't receive my own tokens. Dev please check well
voidtoken (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 08:33:32 AM

I haven't received my tokens though...please check your inbox for an e-mail from israelbolaji@gmail.com. I'm very confident that I'm one of the earliest applicants because I actually helped spread word about this token to other people....so I don't know why I wouldn't receive my own tokens. Dev please check well

Yeah some of the transfers got dropped and never went through, later on I increased the gwei to help with this a bit. I sent the rest of the tokens to your account. There are now none left to distribute so the airdrop is complete.

Final stats after airdrop:

Starting tokens: 1,000,000
 Tokens sent to void: 57,000
Supply remaining: 943,000
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: