Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Artificial Inteligence + blockchain = deadly combination?  (Read 426 times)
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 09:02:03 AM

The title says it all. As I see now many countries use blockchain with AI to get better privacy and security. Any thoughts?

think the whole ai thing can be abit dangerous in any field we use it in, we realy need to make sure we have total control of it, so it dont go around changing stuff without us knowing.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 09:18:12 AM

Sounds pretty cool. This will be a huge breakthrough for this generation. Lots of technologies are being developed so no doubt that this will also exist as years go by. Besides, people always seek for improvement, something that'll make things easier. However, every development must be put into good use, for the betterment of all hence it must be studied and analyzed very well before putting into application.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1233

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 07:20:21 AM

People think too much and this leads to such topics. To hell with AI, humans are the thing that is more important. I guess being a tinfoil hatter and locking yourself in front of your computer makes you think like that. Its about time you guys actually head outside and see how this world works and what state cryptocurrency is and how much development blockchain has actually done.

Technology advancement is something that cannot be stopped but it always done with different types of failsafes. Those who are working as data scientists and in engineering know that and thus "deadly" wont be the proper term to use.

Having your own psychotic delusion is something else but definitely the devs behind such projects if it were to happen would be ones with stable minds.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 10:19:05 AM

AI is at its beginning. There will be another 50 years from now for the artificial intelligence to be what it says (a robot that can be faster than a human).  

To have a robot that can work for me, to have a robot that can go to the market and buy food for me and make my dinner would be very good.

In my opinion, the artificial intelligence + blockchain will send the world in the next 100 years of progress.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 03:55:07 PM

The title says it all. As I see now many countries use blockchain with AI to get better privacy and security. Any thoughts?
It sounds good to the ear, at least a lot of things will be much easier, you could just suit in your living room, and see a robot cook for you, you could sit in your room, and make transactions without the interference of third party, you could just sit in your room and get virtually everything done with little movement.

That sounds so nice right? But have you ever considered the effect on the human system, when you are not able to use your body for agile things any longer because technology seems to do everything for you. Have you also consider the effect of this on country’s employment rate? Lot of people would be fired because robot can do everything now. When we wish for these things, it has to be at minimal, and not completely take over.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
thecryptogandalf

Activity: 147
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 04:47:48 PM

It sounds good to the ear, at least a lot of things will be much easier, you could just suit in your living room, and see a robot cook for you, you could sit in your room, and make transactions without the interference of third party, you could just sit in your room and get virtually everything done with little movement.

That sounds so nice right? But have you ever considered the effect on the human system, when you are not able to use your body for agile things any longer because technology seems to do everything for you. Have you also consider the effect of this on country’s employment rate? Lot of people would be fired because robot can do everything now. When we wish for these things, it has to be at minimal, and not completely take over.

You are right about that but I think it is all about ethics of using AI. If people will attach strictly to the ethics, I dont see any harm. Other thing is, Change is not a constant thing and there were always people lost or missed many things every new thing is happened. For example, when industrial evolution happened there were a lot of people who are replaced by machines. What I am saying is, it is sad but inevitable at the same time. I think people should stop resisting it and adopting the AI before it is too late.

From the point of blockchain and AI, I think AI and encryption work very well together and blockchain can be managed by AI better than humans. There is also fact of the enhancement of security. Combining this two can be evolutionary because both of them empowers each others` capabilities. Crypto trade made by AI is a massive change because it can bring the opportunity of rational trading to the traders. We know that speculation and manipulations can be easily implemented in the market because of the nature of human psychology and behaviours which is unfair for the market I think.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1233

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 09:42:03 AM

That is true. Attificial intelligence has endless possibilities and in combination with different sophisticated technologies it could really change the world we know it.
No. The world will remain as it is. What will change is how people use technology and what technology does to the world. Majority of things will remain same because at the back there is always a human coding the AI. Hence the power struggle hence the struggle to the monopoly of multi-national companies.

However, there are so many ethical and legal questions become if it's not used in right way it could have bad consequences instead of good ones. Anyway, this is the area we still need to work hard on.
I dont think blockchain is ever going to merge with AI for anything good. People make such claims are either imagining things too much which is common or they are just trying to make a point.

Either way it is will not happen now neither will it happen during out lifetime. So not something to worry about.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 01:44:02 PM

I’ve taken a look at a couple of articles I’ve found, and really I still fail to miss the potentially big thing about combining the two, more than the current stand of AI processing information on large centralized or decentralised databases.

From the AIs perspective, Blockchain can be considered in essence as a database repository (non-  tamperable, distributed, and all we like), so AI can be applied to whatever information resides there, just as with any other DB repository. The context of application is derived from the nature of the information stored in the DBs or on the specific Blockchain. It looks like (evolving) business as usual, but including user case scenarios where the information resides on given Blockchain instead on more regular DBs. There are obvious applications, but due to where the data resides.

Some related articles which fail to provide, in my opinion, a reason to see this as a global breakthrough:
https://emerj.com/ai-sector-overviews/ai-in-blockchain/
https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2019/02/05/blockchain-and-ai-could-be-a-perfect-match-heres-why/

This does sound fantastical but the one possible use of blockchain could be the way ML models get their data. I read something of this sort just today on Lightning Dev Alex Bosworth's twitter.

https://twitter.com/alexbosworth/status/1160936346833174528

He talks about training Human fascimile models. The concept of Human fascimile model looks similar to the "Digital Twin" model for machinery and equipment. You need large amount of data regarding choices humans make in order to train your model. The more data you have, better the model would be.
Though he only talks about paying people using Lightning for this job, yet, i feel the tweet also points towards using the obvious database of bitcoin transactions that consists of a humungous number of choices of what is being spent where.

The tweet is pretty cryptic and hard to understand. No doubt it received such less attention. Yet, Its an interesting line of thought the way i could interpret.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 03:48:47 PM

If you're pertaining about "deadly" is something bad or negative, I don't think so. Both AI and Blockchain are great development and innovation for modern era which can really be helpful to human lives. The possibility that it could be deadly is when it is used for something bad. Never a development's purpose is to bring negativity to people but with the wrong use and greediness of people, it could bring a big negative impact to people.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: