Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on death penalty?  (Read 674 times)
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:44:54 PM

There are two important points for each side of this debate and all 4 are valid, thus we can't really say death penalty is right or wrong.
Points against:
People make mistakes and there were many people imprisoned by mistake. What if these people were executed by mistake? The Green Mile comes to mind.
By allowing death penalty we are also opening ourselves to being abused and oppressed. What if somebody decides that the scope of crimes punishable by death should be broadened? One day we may find ourselves sentenced to death for defending our property, or not paying our taxes.

Points for:
What about the most dangerous mass murderers. People who raped and murdered children. People who are diagnosed psychopaths who have to be kept in isolation for the next 50 years? Should the taxes be spent on feeding and guarding them when there are other, more pressing needs?
Poor people are dying from cold and starvation every day. If we keep treating prisoners well, giving them free healthcare, warm cells, 3 meals a day, what does that say about the justice system? Kill and we shall take care of you for the rest of your life? If your life is hard, you can always murder someone and if you get away with it you'll profit and if not you will still profit in another way.

BICBOYBBRO

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 12:56:18 AM

Some surely deserve a death penalty. Not a usual murderers, but rappers and others

only the rappers with lil in there name tho

Lil Wayne.
Lil Pump.
Lil Ronny
Lil Boosie.
Lil Baby.
Lil Xan.
Lil Yachty.
Lil Flip.
Lil Dex

I mean there is some good rappers out there like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE
Do you think a priest rapper should have the death penalty?
iamsheikhadil (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:09:16 AM

There are two important points for each side of this debate and all 4 are valid, thus we can't really say death penalty is right or wrong.
Points against:
People make mistakes and there were many people imprisoned by mistake. What if these people were executed by mistake? The Green Mile comes to mind.
By allowing death penalty we are also opening ourselves to being abused and oppressed. What if somebody decides that the scope of crimes punishable by death should be broadened? One day we may find ourselves sentenced to death for defending our property, or not paying our taxes.

Points for:
What about the most dangerous mass murderers. People who raped and murdered children. People who are diagnosed psychopaths who have to be kept in isolation for the next 50 years? Should the taxes be spent on feeding and guarding them when there are other, more pressing needs?
Poor people are dying from cold and starvation every day. If we keep treating prisoners well, giving them free healthcare, warm cells, 3 meals a day, what does that say about the justice system? Kill and we shall take care of you for the rest of your life? If your life is hard, you can always murder someone and if you get away with it you'll profit and if not you will still profit in another way.

I kinda agree on many points.

However, criminal or not, we should consider everyone human being. And as a human being, one is a human resource. To kill a human is to end the human resource.

I think as a society, we should focus more on how to prevent crimes in the first place rather than thinking how to punish after the crime is commited.

If there has been a mass murder, it's not just the fault of the murderer, but of society as a whole who couldn't prevent it from happening despite having strong police and army forces and intelligence agencies!

I have some different solutions, instead of giving death penalty , take one of its kidneys and donate to someone who needs thus saving the other person's life. Now have a strict super vision on the criminal for rest of his life, but let him live it without the borders of four walls. I'm pretty sure, with a weak body and only one kidney and strict supervision, he won't be able to commit any crime either. Instead of just killing him off, this solution is better Smiley what do you think?
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 12:08:45 PM

Points against:

Points for:

I kinda agree on many points.

However, criminal or not, we should consider everyone human being. And as a human being, one is a human resource. To kill a human is to end the human resource.

I think as a society, we should focus more on how to prevent crimes in the first place rather than thinking how to punish after the crime is commited.

If there has been a mass murder, it's not just the fault of the murderer, but of society as a whole who couldn't prevent it from happening despite having strong police and army forces and intelligence agencies!

I have some different solutions, instead of giving death penalty , take one of its kidneys and donate to someone who needs thus saving the other person's life. Now have a strict super vision on the criminal for rest of his life, but let him live it without the borders of four walls. I'm pretty sure, with a weak body and only one kidney and strict supervision, he won't be able to commit any crime either. Instead of just killing him off, this solution is better Smiley what do you think?

I too agree that death should not be the first choice when handing out a sentence, and as much as I hate to say it death penalty laws are required to instil fear in the mind of criminals. While your thoughts are noble about keeping them alive by taking their organs for donation, I strongly feel this will be misused by criminals as they’ll commit gruesome crimes and escape the punishment. One more important thing what happens when these criminals escape the custody when they’re being taken to the hospital, and once again commit a heinous crime will you yet say they should not be executed?.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:17:09 PM

I strongly oppose prevention. In most countries there's so much focus on it that it's becoming hard to live by the rules. Also, prevention only takes power from the people and gives it to the police. I'll give you an example. In some countries you can be armed at all times and can shoot intruders. In other, even knives are banned. Literally, in the UK you can't carry a small knife in your pocket because to the police you are armed. So, the police can carry firearms, but you  can't even have a pocket knife. There are even dumber laws in some countries that don't even allow you to fight an armed burglar to your own home. If you do it and he gets injured or killed you could go to jail.
I don't need the police to tell me where I can or can't walk, drink, smoke, who I can meet up with or at what hours because their statistics say that if I'm out at night I'm in danger of being mugged.

No. There's no collective responsibility here! Would you say the same if somebody came into your house and rapoed your sister? That it was the fault of the society and the police? No, it was his fault and your own because you didn't have an alarm system and guns in the house.

Sure, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take organs from people instead of killing them, but what about basic human rights? Wouldn't that be like torture for them? Maybe give them a choice?

haseeb ahmed

Activity: 120
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 10:29:58 PM

It’s not about the death penalty it’s about the penalty which is required to maintain peaceful environment and one who is commuting sin or violating basic human rights must get severe punishment and it’s justified. Do I do support death penalty and for all not for only poor criminals.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 05:41:13 AM

I always used to be against death penalty.

My political leanings are mostly towards left (except for abortion where I belong to extreme right and a extreme pro-life).

But quite recently, I have started to agree on death penalty.

Why?
Not because I believe that death penalty is good punishment to stop criminals.

Because, life in prison is a much much much harsher than the death penalty.

Spending whole life behind bars like a caged animal is so so worse.

Many of my peers are against death penalty because they find death penalty harsh. (Which I still do). But they completely ignore how life in prison is much harsher.

Hence, if I be given the choice between death penalty or life behind bars, I'll choose death penalty.

But, will I choose death penalty if there's other alternative? No.

I think even the most extreme crimes deserves no more than 20 years in prison.

If the person is socio/psychopath and has no remorse, then, keep him under supervision after a long sentence.

But it's inhuman to lock away people for eternity (till they die).

Opinions ?

USA has death penalty and has high % of crimes there. I dont think Death Penalty is a good action to reduce crime but I agree with Death Penalty in some crimes, like multi murderer, etc

It does not really reduce crime but it does save people money, if we have to keep someone in jail for 50 years, we have to pay for everything, food, clothes, etc. If we just execute him, all that money is saved.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Krsps

Activity: 104
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:40:58 AM

My political leanings are mostly towards left (except for abortion where I belong to extreme right and a extreme pro-life).

Why?

Many of my peers are against death penalty because they find death penalty harsh. (Which I still do). But they completely ignore how life in prison is much harsher.

Hence, if I be given the choice between death penalty or life behind bars, I'll choose death penalty.

If the person is socio/psychopath and has no remorse, then, keep him under supervision after a long sentence.

Opinions ?

No death penalty.

Some prisons maybe hell and some maybe better, by giving a chance to get an education, develop a skill, and even explore the arts.

And, yes! What what about innocent people that were convicted?

There is always a chance for a human being to grow and get better as long as they are alive.

Astargath

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 09:45:01 AM

Why?

Opinions ?

No death penalty.

Some prisons maybe hell and some maybe better, by giving a chance to get an education, develop a skill, and even explore the arts.

There is always a chance for a human being to grow and get better as long as they are alive.

Why waste time with someone who murdered 10 people just because maybe after 20 years he might become "better"? We dont need that, use the money to educate children not to waste it on a dude who murders people.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Swordsoffreedom
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1115

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 01:03:45 PM

Why?

Opinions ?

No death penalty.

Why waste time with someone who murdered 10 people just because maybe after 20 years he might become "better"? We dont need that, use the money to educate children not to waste it on a dude who murders people.
I guess you would get more than 20 years for that crime. Anyway, I partly agree with your point about the cost of living for one prisoner which certainly adds up to a big amount in 20 years. But I have a solution for this. The cost of security, food etc. should be deducted from prisoner's life savings, his property should be sold. If/when this would not be enough, the prisoner should work at the prison. This is already functioning in many prisons - prisoners work in factories or as farmers. But they get very small salary, more like pocket money. Instead, they should work to pay for their costs and if they earned more, this would be their money. If they refused to work, they would get significantly lower comfort level (very small room, no outdoor time...) and cheaper food.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Astargath

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 03:21:54 PM

Why?

Opinions ?

No death penalty.

I guess you would get more than 20 years for that crime. Anyway, I partly agree with your point about the cost of living for one prisoner which certainly adds up to a big amount in 20 years. But I have a solution for this. The cost of security, food etc. should be deducted from prisoner's life savings, his property should be sold. If/when this would not be enough, the prisoner should work at the prison. This is already functioning in many prisons - prisoners work in factories or as farmers. But they get very small salary, more like pocket money. Instead, they should work to pay for their costs and if they earned more, this would be their money. If they refused to work, they would get significantly lower comfort level (very small room, no outdoor time...) and cheaper food.

Yep I dont know the exact logistics behind it but yes making them work would be useful too. Really anything but letting them just live there for 30 years. Some prisons are tough but others arent and the comfort sometimes is higher than outside.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 04:19:24 PM

If you're gonna execute them, get it over with. Or is there some kind of retribution that is gained from prolonging it?

Make sure they are guilty... really deserving of the death penalty. Then get it over with. Guillotine is the fastest, sure way.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Astargath

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 05:57:04 PM

If you're gonna execute them, get it over with. Or is there some kind of retribution that is gained from prolonging it?

Make sure they are guilty... really deserving of the death penalty. Then get it over with. Guillotine is the fastest, sure way.

Cool

It's not surprising that someone who wants other people to be tortured forever (hell) is in favor of the death penalty. Obviously we wont do it with a Guillotine, badecker. There are better ways.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 09:12:59 PM

Cool

It's not surprising that someone who wants other people to be tortured forever (hell) is in favor of the death penalty. Obviously we wont do it with a Guillotine, badecker. There are better ways.

It's not surprising that someone who loves criminality wants to go easy on criminals so they are encouraged to continue to be criminals.

What? You want to stick them in a room underground and set off a baby nuke down there? It would be a little faster than the guillotine.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
netherfikk

Activity: 186
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 08:55:49 AM

To make a murderer suffer for the rest of his life is much better than just simply killing him
Astargath

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 03:41:09 PM

Cool

It's not surprising that someone who loves criminality wants to go easy on criminals so they are encouraged to continue to be criminals.

What? You want to stick them in a room underground and set off a baby nuke down there? It would be a little faster than the guillotine.

Cool

But I just said im in favor of the death penalty, you are not making much sense lately. As a christian you shouldnt want to kill anyone. As far as I know god said everyone can repent, no? You in fact said it too that if a killer truly repents he would go to heaven.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 04:15:29 AM

In my opinion death penalty should be impose by the law only for those who have serious crime commited by a person, if we have not impose this kind of law most of the criminal is easily doing a crime without afraid because they can easily get out from jail and then they commited the crime again.
iamhungry

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 04:50:11 AM

Who are we to say who should and shouldn't be killed? That's not to say we should allow murders to run rampant either.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 05:27:51 AM

Make sure they are guilty... really deserving of the death penalty. Then get it over with. Guillotine is the fastest, sure way. There should have to be a better way aside from prison to where they served their sentence and be able to change it .

Cool
Is killing a killer really the real answer? If that's the case then those who prosecuted the killer is also a murderer for the good of others? sounds  funny tho.

In my opinion death penalty should be impose by the law only for those who have serious crime commited by a person, if we have not impose this kind of law most of the criminal is easily doing a crime without afraid because they can easily get out from jail and then they commited the crime again.

Have you heard somebody getting killed by this law because of stealing something? Nothing right?
akram143

Activity: 1106
Merit: 166

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 06:28:24 AM

Just kill them if they did anything harm to many people's life.They don't deserve any second chances if they do then you may need to give third and fourth and so on...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: