Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why drop in price when listed on exchange market?  (Read 1211 times)
Deewhy2 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 233
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:13:13 AM

This as been a question running through my mind always. All ICOs have their ICO price and sales price.  The ICO price is usually lesser than the market price (that is why people invest to make profit when its listed).
But this days when coin is listed the price drop drastically much more than ICO price which left the investors of no profit.
What could cause this drop when listed?
Let's hear our own though please.

Prospector_John
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:20:25 AM

This as been a question running through my mind always. All ICOs have their ICO price and sales price.  The ICO price is usually lesser than the market price (that is why people invest to make profit when its listed).
But this days when coin is listed the price drop drastically much more than ICO price which left the investors of no profit.
man, there's a lot of reasons things drop. Can you send a link to a few graphs that display the kind of pattern you are talking about?
Off my head:
One is the airdrop receipients or Dev team IMMEDIATELY dump
Two you are looking at a graph on coinmarketcap.com, which began quite some time after the project officially "released".
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:24:44 AM

It should be known that some project are unorganized they put up a particular amount during initial coin offering sale but when they list it gets dumps due to poor idea or project. Another could be activities from bounty hunters whose interest in on a short term basis
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 09:26:21 AM

There is bound to be a drop in price WHENEVER Sellers are more willing to sell than buyers are willing to buy- simple supply-demand rule. In most cases ICO participants are given way more discounts than necesary, so they try to sell off and gain profit. Bounty hunters who gained coin almost free may be willing to sell off not considering the initial price of coin.

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:29:52 AM

I can't remember on how many times this question has been asked. But the reason for this is very simple.

People who invested and the team that has created that ICO starts to D-U-M-P that token when its gets on exchanges.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
armanhusni

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:30:04 AM

in my opinion why the price on the market could fall and not match the ICO price because many of the coin holders sell cheaply, so the coin price goes down ... and this is usually done by bounty hunters who want to get a small profit ... and investors who receive big bonuses also usually do the same thing ... because when they are able to benefit from the amount they invested in ICO ... they will also sell at a low price ...

masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:38:54 AM

Its because of dumping usually the it happens on any ICO coins/token after when it was listed on any exchange specially when the project is not yet fully functional no working product and services that resulted in no active token utilization resulting in dumping from the ICO participants and some Bounty hunters.
Rahman11

Activity: 1428
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:53:02 AM

There are many reasons for this kind of situations! every projects always offering 10% to 50% extra tokens for buying when running ico or ieo! and otger reasons bounty participants wants to instant money and they demand cheap price when token goes for exchange!
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:59:06 AM

Now there are not many good ICO projects to invest in, why are you investing in ICOs? while IEOs are often more profitable
cryyppton1

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:01:57 AM

concerning this question, i used to think Airdroppers and bounty hunters were the cause of prices of token dropping below ICO price as soon as its listed .
But recently i have seen ,some projects that developers locked  all Bounty hunters rewards , yet the token still go far below ICO price.
so with this i think the early investors who got a huge percentage of bonuses  or developing Team are also part of this price dump .

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1190
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 10:05:29 AM

I believe its because of tokens distributed to partners, to participants of private sale(with very big discount or huge bonus),tokens distributed to team members. As soon as coin or tokens get listed to exchanges, some portion got sold out. Regulations to crypto will definitely solve this situation. Also I see its kind of strategy from projects and exchanges where its listed, because without any trading volume, people may consider this project as dead or zero demand.
Its always better to invest in ICOs, IEOs after they list on exchanges.

Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:12:54 AM

The drop in price happens because there is a lot of fake and hype during the ICO created by the team. You never know whether they really collected the money they claim to have collected and then on the exchange the real price for the token gets revealed. Or no tokens have been sold at all but they just say they sold some, get listed and sell them there.
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 10:35:18 AM

Because some people who have hold that token sell it like grazy on the market.
that's why price drop dramaticly more than ICO
Who are sell it? Maybe developer, exchange people, bounty hunter or investor need money fast.
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:14:38 AM

As you know when investors invest in ICO's,the price is lower than exchanges and after launch they wants to earn profit on investment that's why sold and dum the coin or token.

Samkol26

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 11:18:24 AM

I used to wonder about this too but I later found out that there are many weak hands who are eagerly waiting for coins to be listed on exchange so that they will sell off, so I think that's more reason for drop in price.

zikzag

Activity: 588

Minter

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:20:50 AM

Various factors influence the price: 1 - did the team carry out a bounty program. 2 - Investors at Pre - ICO who bought at a discount. 3 - The team itself can merge tokens and bring down the price.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:25:17 AM

This is a common occurrence during this time, the price of a token has decreased after listing on the exchange. even though it should be calculated then the price increases and is much higher than pre-sale. for me this problem starts from a project that is not ready yet, the project does not have a product or idea that has good value. so in my opinion every project should be able to build an image much earlier and they don't rush into listing.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:33:27 AM

because every single person that is involved in an ICO token from bounty beggars and investors to the owners themselves have zero faith in the token. their only goal is to make a quick amount of money from something so risky such as ICO.
so as soon as they gain the ability to dump the token they don't hesitate to do so which is why ICO token prices tank as soon as they are listed on an exchange and obviously after that they continue going down because they are useless.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
posporo

Activity: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 11:34:03 AM

I think the reason that the prices of new altcoins when listed on exchange market drop is because of dumpers who greeds to exchange their altcoins. Lots of these dumpers lacks the patient to hold their altcoins for long term to earn a great amount of profits but they still do dump it which affects the price of altcoins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:39:50 AM

Huh, it looks like I'm tired of seeing questions like this, but I will try to answer you.
That such ICO is nothing more than a hype that only collects funds for their own benefit even though they actually don't really develop the project seriously. Therefore ICO is now being abandoned by investors and turning to the IEO.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀