Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:34:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Libra coin over Bitcoin is that possible?  (Read 7057 times)
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:33:43 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2019, 05:04:35 PM by Stanlo

Libra will see huge adoption because of the company backing it up,they have what it takes and its been backed by fiat makes lot of sense to me but its nothing comparable to bitcoin,many will want to use Libra than other coins backed by fiat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:56:41 AM

About 70 millions of people owning Bitcoin. I can´t even imagine how many people could use Facebook coin when starts.
So it would be pretty easy to overpower Bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 08:56:20 AM

There is no coin whether new or the previous has no capability of surpassing the Bitcoin. As you know Bitcoin is the concept used for the first time which is evolved in the year of 2009 and not it has gone far away from it's beginning. The evolution of the Ethereum and the other coin and the cryptocurrency are the copy of the Bitcoin concept and evolved just 4 year back. So, Now the upcoming Libra coin will be also a new coin and can't tackle the Bitcoin ever.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 12:51:38 PM

About 70 millions of people owning Bitcoin. I can´t even imagine how many people could use Facebook coin when starts.

Well,,, I used Facebook for many years, same as google, but I never bought anything for my google wallets or facebook wallets. I think a lot of people should be wary of FB now about their personal data and they will not just enter anything anymore with the worry of the safety of their information. Facebook coin is stupid. You think the marketplaces with blockchain will now add FB coin?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Freny250
Copper Member

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 01:04:17 PM

They both serve Diffrent function, libra is a centralized coin unlike bitcoin they both just share the blockchain technology.  Facebook libra has an edge over bitcoin in terms of marketing,  facebook libra is owned by a big company so its marketing budget is big

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 01:54:16 PM

The Facebook cryptocurrency coin Libra is now the talk in the cryptocurrency market, people says it will take over bitcoin soon.
But to me is that going to be possible, I took bitcoin years to reach were it is now and as the best coin in market and the first cryptocurrency its not that possible.
Lots of coin wit great ambitions have come knocking to take over from bitcoin but non could.
Will Libra be able to do so?

Of course not and Libra is a big joke on cryptocurrency. Most of the people who have studied the blockchain know that its foundation does not have the purpose to support decentralization. The recent congress hearing about Libra is not even on their side because probably the private infromation that FB sold has made its mark.
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:11:53 PM

Well, i'm a bitcoin enthousiast, but Libra has one thing bitcoin hasn't: a huuuuuuge marketing budget.
Eventough i haven't read the whitepaper of Libra, nor did i try to find sourcecode for a reference client, i'd still be suprised if the technology used for Libra would be much safer than the one used for bitcoin, however, the fact that it's such a big company that coupled it's coin to existing fiat coupled with an enormous marketing budget and endorsement of company's like VISA will give it an edge bitcoin has never had.

The thing is: Libra is not bitcoin... AFAIK, it's a centralised token coupled to FIAT markets produced by one of the biggest privacy-invading companies on the globe. The only thing that couples bitcoin to libra is the fact they both use blockchain technology.

hell yes, totally agree.
libra is libra , and bitcoin is bitcoin.
no matter how popular libra someday , people still asking what the first came from, and of course,BTC.
and btw , why people still think Libra will be the top of crypto ,
because basicaly it will be Centralized.
also i hear from somewhere it will be same like another stablecoin.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:29:54 PM

Of course not and Libra is a big joke on cryptocurrency. Most of the people who have studied the blockchain know that its foundation does not have the purpose to support decentralization. The recent congress hearing about Libra is not even on their side because probably the private infromation that FB sold has made its mark.
is that the latest news?
lots of big companies actually behind the Libra coins. but that won't be enough to defeat bitcoin. Libra may not be much different from USDT or other assets. they don't move a lot, are more stable and that depends on the use of their platform too.
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 05:37:44 PM

Libra will not achieve much by comparison to the advantages offered by bitcoin, any attempt by the Libra team to make it much more "crypto" such that it serves a unique function( other than those offered by traditional banks) will certainly be faced with a huge backlash by regulators. The US already expressed their concerns on Libra. Of what use is a crypto asset if it is in direct control by the government or some corporation
khimer_rangers

Activity: 565

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:38:37 PM

I think all projects after Bitcoin have a big ambition to defeat Bitcoin but in reality nothing has gone beyond Bitcoin, Even though Facebook has a very large user, I'm sure most of them don't use Facebook coins.

Mr.ZODIAC

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:48:20 PM

I think all projects after Bitcoin have a big ambition to defeat Bitcoin but in reality nothing has gone beyond Bitcoin, Even though Facebook has a very large user, I'm sure most of them don't use Facebook coins.
If we take into account that the majority of users on Facebook uses this resource only as a social network, then I very much doubt that all Facebook users will want to use this resource as a payment system.  Of course, quite a lot of people use Facebook for their business purposes, but this number is still not the majority.
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 09:44:59 PM

If we take into account that the majority of users on Facebook uses this resource only as a social network, then I very much doubt that all Facebook users will want to use this resource as a payment system.  Of course, quite a lot of people use Facebook for their business purposes, but this number is still not the majority.

totally agree with you. there is no need actually for libra. the people without bank account wont be able to get libra. the next thing is i see no sense to use libra for me. first of all i have no facebook anymore for some years now. second is, when i buy something i can still use paypal.
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:23:35 PM

Nice to wait. Altcoins with a beautiful platform, WP or roadmap filled with green when they were born, are always praised and many also claim that it will outperform bitcoin with all the evidence and technical analysis. But they all feel a reality after that, bitcoin always wins. Libra is also among them. Grin

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:40:39 PM

To Buy = spent fiat to receive fiat equivalent (Libra)
To Sell = sell fiat equivalent (Libra) to receive fiat, minus fees two times

Lets assume 100 spent and one year hold and low exchange fees, so get 99.80 back
Lets assume inflation in that year is 2% so value (buying power) after one year is 97.80,
keeping cash in the pocket for the same time value is 98 and no hassle with exchanges

In 1909 The Model T sold for $850 which is equal to $20,513 in todays money.

BTC, BCH, BSV reward halving every 4 years (after next halving coin emission rate is 1.6%, 0.8%, 0.4%.........)

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
idekai

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:55:31 PM

Will Libra be able to do so?
No, he wont be able to do this. Libra is aiming for a stable coin and only be used for facebook's transaction in my oppinion.
So there's no possibility for Libra coin beat Bitcoin on price or popularity among traders or cryptocurrency user.

Orionix      |│      The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
WHITEPAPER     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ANN THREAD
ikicha

Activity: 788

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:58:17 PM

Long time ago, Ethereum will beat bitcoin and now bitcoin still number 1. Come on if libra want to take over bitcon, he need to replace cryptocurrency pair Bitcoin into Libra Pair.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: