Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Libra (Facebook coin) - All in one.  (Read 376 times)
Mr.Zero

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 06:51:50 AM

The worst project you can ever think of using for investment would be stable coins, what is the essence of holding a coin that does not move, and when they finally move, it moves extremely slow to give a very low value because it is meant to retain the same value of the coin currency they chose to pair it with.
It's the point, and people just over FOMO with Libra. Anyway, such stupid stable coin has contributed to boost crypto market, and bitcoin. Therefore, we should say a huge thanks to Mark Zuckerberg by launching Libra's website and whitepaper. At least, by now, crypto currency and blockchain have become more familiar and more popular in our society, globally. That's the biggest thing Libra brings to whole crypto ecosystem. Before Libra, even people heard about crypto, they still thought crypto is fraud, but with a huge brand of Facebook, Libra changed their attitude on crypto currency.
yeah Libra is making a good image in cryptocurrency back like before.
Libra Facebook coin project is looking so good for investment, but we must becareful to decide movement with LIBRA.
i just hope LIBRA will making cryptocurrency be real currency in the world.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM

TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nawrod

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 07:42:14 AM
Merited by Mr Zet (1)

I’s really hard to say something more about Libra. We still don’t know many details about it: our only source of knowledge are Libra’s website and Zuckerberg’s official statements about this project. Here you have a article which concludes those informations: https://www.blockchain24.co/face...

My thoughts? Libra will be an Facebook stablecoin - it have to be, cause its main goal is to serve as FB interior currency. You will be able to pay with Libra for every service available there. That’s the sure thing. But what else will be available to buy for “Zuckercoin”? The list of Libra’s partners might be a clue here: Spotify or Uber may suggest that other brands will be available too.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 05:16:22 AM
Merited by BTCappu (2)

So many topics regarding this Libra coins, yet these people don't seem to invest in it instead.

Libra is not like other projects. Libra takes investments as Libra investment Tokens.
The initial members of the council are the Founding Members and serve as the network's initial validator node. To be such a node, an entity needs to make an investment of at least $10 million in the network through purchasing Libra Investment Tokens. Each $10 million investment entitles one vote in the council, subject to a cap.

So, the minimum investment needed will be $10 million  Undecided

If you are mentioning about Libra coin, it is proposed to be a stable coin. ie.  If you purchase Libra coin for $10, you'll get back $10 (approx) when you sell it. Not a great investment idea Tongue So, Libra doesn't provide any opportunity for the common folk to invest with them as of now.
I think this is just a speculation, because there is no way Facebook expect people to have such amount of money to put into a project they are not sure of its benefit for them, I think the issue of that $10 million dollars still needs to be clarified by the team of Libra.

Facebook is a stable coin, and I don’t expect the value to grow or fluctuate, it will be more of a coin that will be used for payments of online purchases, and also for it to be used internally. I don’t even see it being useful as store of value except the fact that it protects the fund from depreciating in value, but a store of value should at least still have interest in future no matter how little. We should just wait for the coin to be released first so we can have the full details of its way of operation.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 05:30:16 AM

I'm not keen on Facebook. I get the impression that their overriding aim is to take over the world, and this is part of it. Who knows what their real target is, maybe it's WeChat with their payment system, maybe they are trying to replace fiat itself, but one thing I'm sure of is that their claims that Libra will be decentralised is absolute bullsh*t. Facebook are greedy as hell, and want to control everything. No way they will suddenly pivot to thinking that decentralised is best.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 08:00:18 AM

So many topics regarding this Libra coins

... and in most of these threads I appear at some point and start ranting incoherently about the evil data-vampire that is Facebook. Here I am again. countdown to rant... 3... 2... 1...

Facebook's purpose is and always has been to suck up our personal data and monetise it. At first they termed it 'data exhaust' like it was some wasteful and inadvertent by-product, but kind caring Facebook is here to recycle it into something useful. The environmental analogy is entirely purposeful, they want to seem like they are doing us a favour by cleaning up this toxic data-spill, when in fact this has always been their primary aim. These guys are master manipulators, and I suspect absolute sociopaths as well.

We give them our data for free, and they sell it to make profit. And more than this, they combine it all and use behavioural analytics to effectively construct digital models of each of us so that they can a) target advertisements more effectively, and b) predict (and influence) our future behaviour.

I don't trust them, and I don't want anything to do with Libra, which is just their latest weapon to steal and make profit from our personal data.

andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 08:11:13 AM

After Facebook announced that it would release Libra Coin, the price of BTC rose dramatically, I think this proves that the CEO of Facebook has a big influence on the world industry and will have an influence on Crypto.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 09:25:50 AM

After Facebook announced that it would release Libra Coin, the price of BTC rose dramatically, I think this proves that the CEO of Facebook has a big influence on the world industry and will have an influence on Crypto.

True. The only good thing to come from the Facebook coin is that it is making everyone sit up and take crypto seriously. There are still questions as to whether this coin will be properly exchangeable with other crypto, and whether it will become the default stablecoin. I really hope it doesn't though. The thought of Facebook ruling crypto sickens me.

BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 10:50:27 AM

I do not really understand how you can make a profit with a stablecoin? Whats the point of "investing" into libra when the price is pegged to a certain price and you can't make more of it? If you can just remind yourself the fact that libra will be kind of like USDT where 1 USDT is 1 dollars and you can't make "profit" then there is absolutely no way you can make money with Libra either. I mean sure go buy some if you want to spend money on something and all that but aside from that there is no way you can make money from Libra.

Libra will be out there so people can spend money easier than fiat currency (which is a good thing) but not so people could make profit with it, that is not its purpose at all and anyone who gets Libra to try and make some profit will be sad to see their money stays still.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: