Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which crypto to buy?  (Read 291 times)
Hendrik51 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 06:18:44 PM

Hello,

I already have a lot of crypto but at the moment only BTC and ETH. Of my portfolio, about 85% is BTC and 15% is ETH.
Now I want to buy some more crypto, which can be any kind apart from BTC cause I already have enough of those. The aim of this is make it an investment in the long term. I want to keep them for at least 5 years and then sell, or possibly even longer.
The only 2 factors are:
- it has to be eligible for storage on a Ledger Nano S hardware wallet, so no very strange altcoins
- preferably it did not increase as much in value as BTC and ETH have over the last couple months. Then I feel I have missed out on money already and I prefer to not buy at peak moment (although you never know for sure in advance what a peak is of course)

The coins which look to fit my criteria are Litecoin, XRP, EOS, Monero and Dash.
What would you recommend me? Or possibly buy some more ETH as well?

Or just split it 20% each equally for all the 5 coins I mentioned?
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 06:27:38 PM

DYOR into possible and potential good Altcoins, weigh your options on putting money into them, how profitable it would be in the long run, try doing a sterner research into their use case et al, you can then invest an amount you can afford to lose.
No one can specifically recommend coins for you, it's best you do that yourself.

Or rather still put that money into buying more bitcoins,its easier, safer and with less heart/headaches.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 06:32:23 PM
Merited by bitmover (1)

What I have seen since 2010 is that there is Bitcoin and there are scams. Even if you find the more legitimate alt-coins you are kidding yourself to think you are "Diversifying your portfolio". If Bitcoin fails for some reason then it is extremely likely that it will effect almost all (all?) alts. On the other hand, if an alt collapses it is just another normal day.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 01:57:12 PM

To safe you the headache my advice is you need to ask yourself if you are in for long term investment or short term ,to make profit from some altcoins you have to hold them longer than you expected but if you don't want that just go for top 10 altcoins ,they are indeed very good that's why they make it to top10
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 02:15:29 PM

What I have seen since 2010 is that there is Bitcoin and there are scams. Even if you find the more legitimate alt-coins you are kidding yourself to think you are "Diversifying your portfolio". If Bitcoin fails for some reason then it is extremely likely that it will effect almost all (all?) alts. On the other hand, if an alt collapses it is just another normal day.

also remember that if btc goes sideways, that's when alts start to rally. you'll get a very nice pump if you enter at the right time, especially if your alts have some news and being used a lot. that's pump time.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 02:50:55 PM

You don't have to overthink, you already have an idea with bitcoin and we have identical distribution with my portfolio.

But the difference, I have few alts but my percentage of my bitcoin is around 90%. I have ETH too so if you are asking what to buy more, I'd choose between dash and monero or simply add more bitcoin.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:28:34 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Diversifying is a term from traditional markets that doesn't really work with cryptocurrencies. In the crypto world Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency, the root and altcoins are just small branches coming from it. When bitcoin gains value, the root becomes stronger and the sprouts gain a stable platform to grow on. If the root dies so will the rest. This is not like gold, silver and diamonds, where you can pick one or the other and all will have relatively high and stable value but by buying all three you're protecting yourself from possible manipulation. Buying altcoins makes you buy cheap chinese knockoff instead of the real deal.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:44:02 PM
Merited by bitmover (1)

Ah. One of my favorite questions that I love answering that pops up from time to time from different cryptocurrency communities.

If you actually have to ask random strangers on the internet what you should invest in, maybe you shouldn't be investing in the first place.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
plasmodesmata

Activity: 403
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:47:00 PM

Try some proof of stake coins for passive income through satoshi generation. There's a good video series on youtube by Alpha Crypto about his proof of stake experiment.
safelycrypto

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:25:34 AM

The best cryptocurrency, in fact, can't be determined at any point in time randomly. It is better to view the market cap. The greater the market cap the better are the chances that they are stable. It is advisable to invest in Index funds as they take away the pain of calculations and looking at the charts whole day and provide you with the best options available.  

joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1795

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 08:36:25 AM

I can shill some of my portfolios if you wanted to, but I think you should do what mjg said. Research on your own, use your own criteria and don't fall for shillers.

There is one thing clear though, 4chan, Reddit, or Bitcointalk is only suitable to find coins that will likely get pumped in short term, but definitely not reliable if you want to look for 5 years hold.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hendrik51 (OP)

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 03:15:49 PM

Ah. One of my favorite questions that I love answering that pops up from time to time from different cryptocurrency communities.

If you actually have to ask random strangers on the internet what you should invest in, maybe you shouldn't be investing in the first place.

Don't be crazy....ofcourse I did my own research (this is why I mentioned my own ideas also) but simply the last step in my research is asking others for opinions....I think that's normal. But don't think I follow blindly what is advised here!

I have made my decision! Topic can be closed! Thanks all for the input
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 05:14:06 PM

Hello,

I already have a lot of crypto but at the moment only BTC and ETH. Of my portfolio, about 85% is BTC and 15% is ETH.
Now I want to buy some more crypto, which can be any kind apart from BTC cause I already have enough of those. The aim of this is make it an investment in the long term. I want to keep them for at least 5 years and then sell, or possibly even longer.
The only 2 factors are:
- it has to be eligible for storage on a Ledger Nano S hardware wallet, so no very strange altcoins
- preferably it did not increase as much in value as BTC and ETH have over the last couple months. Then I feel I have missed out on money already and I prefer to not buy at peak moment (although you never know for sure in advance what a peak is of course)

The coins which look to fit my criteria are Litecoin, XRP, EOS, Monero and Dash.
What would you recommend me? Or possibly buy some more ETH as well?

Or just split it 20% each equally for all the 5 coins I mentioned?

Why not just buy a mixture??? Personally I mostly own bitcoin and ETH but I also have some very small holdings in XRP, EOS, TRON,  VERGE, and some of the bitcoin/bitcoin cash forks. I bought them all a while ago and they've all made me some very good returns but I plan to keep holding them long term in the hope they rise even more. I can afford to gamble on that especially given how much I paid for them.
Cloi_eth

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 10:56:58 AM

All coins are very good coins in the coin market.
The better way of investment would be to split the investment amount between different currencies. That way you can hedge the bets. you can do the same and invest in some coins at good conversion rates.
PrimeBitExchange

Activity: 187
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 12:17:39 PM

The best coins for a start is BTC and ETH, in my opinion, if you want to differentiate your portfolio I also suggest you add LTC as well.

P2P crypto-products trading platform. Up to 200x leverage/ MetaTrader 5/ Affiliation up to 30%. Join now --> primebit.com
nuco.cloud
Copper Member

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 12:59:01 PM

Hi there..perhaps you would like to look in to our project https://nuco.cloud if you are looking for some investment in ICO.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 03:32:25 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2019, 04:00:10 PM by mjglqw

Don't be crazy....ofcourse I did my own research (this is why I mentioned my own ideas also) but simply the last step in my research is asking others for opinions....I think that's normal. But don't think I follow blindly what is advised here!

Since you actually planned on investing in Litecoin, XRP, EOS, and Dash, I heavily heavily doubt you actually spent a good amount of time to do research.

P.S. Reading Reddit a.k.a. shill-ville is not considered as research.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 04:48:17 PM

Litecoin below 0.01 BTC is a good buy.

Good luck.

angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:40:26 PM

I would use some money to gamble on the low marketcap coins that are new, those things can pump like crazy.  I'm talking about 100x gains in a short amount of time.  Trouble is picking the good ones. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: