Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITFINEX IS A SCAM and ITS KYC IS A DELAY TACTIC TO MAKE YOU FORFEIT YOUR FUNDS!  (Read 533 times)
MPOtrade (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 01:35:47 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2019, 04:45:30 PM by MPOtrade

Dear Bitcointalk Users,

Bitfinex is nothing but a scam and their Kyc is their tool to frustrate you to part with your funds. I am letting the word out to prevent existing users and intending users to be careful and take there funds out while they can.
bitfinexscambeware

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:24:43 PM

Yet, another complain. This thieves are gonna be found out soon and it is unfortunate that they will eventually go down with some people's funds.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:29:17 PM

You have a similar case with this reddit post I have seen and it has been replied by one of Bitfinex's support, although there is no updates in the thread I think it will be better if you post your complain in their reddit page as well so that you might have some kind of progress in your situation.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 09:06:02 PM

Then they went totally awol for the 6 days. After constantly asking them for an update, they asked me to upload a video proof of me holding my ID and also explaining my source of funds again. I proceeded to complying without any questions, they once again went awol and when i requested an update, the final nail to the coffin that got me pissed, i was asked to upload the documents listed in the very first mail which i uploaded again. To satisfy them and leave them with no excuse, i did upload new phots of all the requested documents again.

Till date, there has been no more correspondence, and the last mail shows they are not reviewing anything, they are only making use of the KYC documentation as a delay tactic to force clients into getting frustrated and forfeiting your funds but i wont.

This is a warning to intending users or existing users, i urge you to get your funds out as soon as possible and close your account, i can see this has happened to a lot of people and 95% of all cases are left unresolved. Do not get yourself in any of this mess and avoid having same issues with me.

Given Bitfinex's association with other shady ventures, and its previous hacks, I was never a fan.

However, one of the things that I actually thought was good about them was their customer support, for the brief amount of time that I did use them. But seems like things have changed quite a bit, especially in your case.

This is a common strategy for exchanges nowadays, to cite the so called "KYC concerns" as a way of essentially holding onto your coins for longer than what you would have originally planned. Things like this happen on subpar exchanges like HitBTC extremely often. And exchanges who use these tactics are often suspected of insolvency, given that their objective is to delay withdrawals.

I'm not sure that this is Bitfinex's reason for delaying here, but it clearly does not render them in a trustworthy light whatsoever. Should be a warning to all.

Smiley
MPOtrade (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 08:54:09 AM

You have a similar case with this reddit post I have seen and it has been replied by one of Bitfinex's support, although there is no updates in the thread I think it will be better if you post your complain in their reddit page as well so that you might have some kind of progress in your situation.

Thank you, will do that now.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 770

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 06:07:56 PM

Given Bitfinex's association with other shady ventures, and its previous hacks, I was never a fan.

However, one of the things that I actually thought was good about them was their customer support, for the brief amount of time that I did use them. But seems like things have changed quite a bit, especially in your case.

This is a common strategy for exchanges nowadays, to cite the so called "KYC concerns" as a way of essentially holding onto your coins for longer than what you would have originally planned. Things like this happen on subpar exchanges like HitBTC extremely often. And exchanges who use these tactics are often suspected of insolvency, given that their objective is to delay withdrawals.

I'm not sure that this is Bitfinex's reason for delaying here, but it clearly does not render them in a trustworthy light whatsoever. Should be a warning to all.
We can presume but we cant conclude yet but on high chances these are the things that they are doing behind

just do delay out withdrawals since they do know that most people do really hate KYC.So as you speak with their support,i cant
really deny that they do have much better service compared to others but i dont know whats changes do happen since i leave or
not been using this exchange after their big issue.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
MPOtrade (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 11:35:49 PM

We can presume but we cant conclude yet but on high chances these are the things that they are doing behind

just do delay out withdrawals since they do know that most people do really hate KYC.So as you speak with their support,i cant
really deny that they do have much better service compared to others but i dont know whats changes do happen since i leave or
not been using this exchange after their big issue.

I'll advice you stay out of the exchange. They have so many personal issues and are always looking to use clients funds to fill in for there mistakes.
nme123

Activity: 5
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 08:42:53 PM

I had the same KYC scam from bitfinex - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5254716.msg54597058#msg54597058
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: