Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:51:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX Vega 56 Monero Mining  (Read 284 times)
ComX (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 12:55:31 PM

Hey all...

i´m thinking about to buy 5 Vega56 Cards for Monero Mining with Asus B250 Mainboard..
And i have another Rig with 6x RX570 4GB.
Can i mix all the Cards on B250 Board.?
And what about the Problems with the Vega Cards. ?
A Friend have 3 Vega 56 and a lot of Trouble.. droping hashrate and son on, only 2 cards are working etc..
Now the problems are gone with the new AMD Drivers.?
Is there another option as using 11 x AMD and 8 x nVidia Cards.? will not add nv cards.. or is there any card where i can tweak same way as the AMD cards, like reducing Power and push Hashrate.?

Hope someone can have some answers.

Thx.
oldtminer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 03:10:31 PM

if monero is what you are after than Amd is your only choice, mixing cards in a rig is asking for headache yes it will work but there will be a lot of pain and down time.

if you are open to idea of mining other coins i think 1660, 1660ti are the best choice of cards it cost less uses less power and ROI quicker also resale value.

i sold all of my cards with the exception of few Rx570s and planning to buy 1660s, just slow process for me to get back in the game
rdome

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 03:24:49 PM

Vega is good card, mixed rig with 570 is no problem (in one rig i have 3 rx 56 samsung, one hynix, and 570rx armor and zero problems, not restarted for a few months),
works great, no problem at all.
Hashrate problem on vega cards, at least in my case (no mater if it is 56 or 64, even brand dont play a role) is that aluminium fins and copper base are joine together
with solder and that solder in my case melted off atleast 70% of surface (my frend had same error, and he did not belived me until his cards performed poorly and it was the same thing Smiley).
If jou have hashrate problem use mobile phone flashlight and look space between aluminium fins and copper plate, if light comes between, than your heatsink is bad.
No you cant resolder it, i tried few times with heat gun, heatsink exploded hahaha.
On this cards then i mounted cpu wattercooling (DIY) works best, and arctic acelero 3 (DIY), on one card i even used old intel 775 cooler (driled holes to match holes on card, and
what you know it works).
my hashrate on cnr 2150.

So my point, if u buying used blower vega, take a look at heatsink, becuose this is maybe the reason why guy is seling it Wink

And im not definitly alone, look at this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9eqhnc/my_vega_64_le_was_having_horrific_throttling/
pwhite11798

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 12:06:41 AM

I have have a 9 gpu rig 6 vegas 1 rx 570 and 2 1660ti. Amd gpus mine cnr and team green mine MTP. Totally cnr hasrate is 14.6 kh/s and total MTP hashrate is 4.4 Mh/s the rig runs well using amd memory tweak and tmr i still have to reset it about every 2 days but think alot of that is i always like to get on and try to see if i can saeeze alittle more out of it. Im pretty sure if i just left it alone it woul last longer.
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:21:58 AM

Well vega 56 is the best for monero and very stable card compared older amd gen, they cheap 200$ 2nd, new card co$t around 280$
Hashrate around 2350 stable using teamred&memory timing power consumption 190-200w
Dont mixing with other card on same mobo,
Here some trick: use ondt  & reg for oc, you need to set every gpu core to 1410mhz, you need to see it on hwinfo on real running while mining, every gpu will be different on ondt setting
Tested blower model, on ambient room temp 34, gpu temp around 55-65 some gpu cooler/hotter

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
ComX (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 05:50:54 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2019, 06:05:17 AM by ComX

Thanks a lot for all the detailed informations...
Now i think there are two ways.

1. I buy 5 more rx580 8gb and put them together with my old 5704gb on new B250 mobo, then is 11 Cards together and Max of AMD Cards. Then ilater i can put nvidias there.. The 1661 Cards i don´t know..
    What Hashrate they have, and how much Power they need.?

2. I build a new Rig with the old H81 mobo and put there to start 1-2 Vegas and later put more, till i reached 6 Vegas.

Think this is the best way for having less headache.

And what Vega is best one.?

Asus RXVEGA56
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega56 Pulse 8GB HBM2
MSI Radeon RX Vega
MSI Radeon RX Vega56 Air Boost 8Go HBM2
GigaByte Radeon RX Vega56
GigaByte Radeon RX Vega56 OC 8GB HBM2
Powercolor RX Vega 56
Asus AREZ-STRIX-RXVEGA56-O8G-GAMING (8GB)
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 06:12:45 AM

Be careful with buying GPU's for Monero mining, RandomX algo is coming soon and it will make GPU's very inefficient.

Just sayin'
ComX (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 06:57:55 AM

Damn.. have read it now.. but what to do in next months... because eth mining finish at PoS, for Monero ends too..  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: