Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:23:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OKLink Launches Bitcoin Block Explorer as Rivals Mimic its USDK Stable Coin  (Read 134 times)
Danumsigwasan (OP)

Activity: 253
Merit: 13

I am from Forex world.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2019, 02:08:20 AM

In another win for OKLink, launched today its Bitcoin Block Explorer platform, with the promise it was looking to offer similar explorers for other popular digital assets.

OKLink’s Bitcoin Block Explorer will allow people to navigate the Bitcoin blockchain using its user-friendly user interface, or search functions.

From the explorer users can easily analyse Bitcoin transaction data at a granular level, and are able to look at transactions, volumes, block size and the number of confirmations on any transactions that have been made on the Bitcoin network.

A spokesperson for OKLink said this was just the first step in its plans to bring more big data services to blockchain and cryptocurrency investors and enthusiasts. He said:

“We’re building something here and this explorer represents another step towards that. OKLink is the very first blockchain information website built by a listed blockchain big data company, and is aiming to provide blockchain information and data services with blockchain and big data technology.”

“The OKLink Blockchain Explorer allows for the efficient, convenient and comprehensive exploration of blockchain data. Our next step is to develop explorer tools for other popular digital assets as we work to become the platform of choice for detailed and accurate blockchain transaction details.”

He said the tool also featured a data service which would provide access to blockchain data via application programming interfaces (API), allowing developers to build their own projects using the data.

Playing Catch Up

The news follows the announcement on June 3 that OKLink had partnered with US-based Prime Trust, to launch its dollar-pegged stable coin, the USDK, on exchanges OKEx and Bitfinex.

This move was spotted by rival exchange Binance which wasted no time in reminding people it would be launching its own stable coin as soon as possible.

In an interview with Bloomberg published on June 5, Wei Zhou, Binance’s chief financial officer, told the media outlet that Binance would launch its own stable coin “in a matter of weeks to a month or two”.

This week, Stably, a stable coin pegged to the US dollar, announced it had partnered with Binance to bring its ERC-20 and dollar-backed stable coin, the USDS, to Binance’s exchange and the forthcoming Binance decentralized exchange (Binance DEX).

It also announced a BEP-2 version of the stable coin, the USDSB, which could be traded against the USDS and other tokens.

https://www.coinspeaker.com/oklink-bitcoin-block-explorer-usdk-stable-coin/
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hung Yu So

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:12:09 AM

It will be interesting to see where it leads off. Although there is anything possible but let’s be positive here
Candycrush1129

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:16:38 AM

Lol…. I am not able to understand why it matters now with Binance.

How will they cover their biggest mistake of blocking USA users?

I think Binance already has lost the plot!!
FantasyGold

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:21:01 AM

Cool. I guss competition is better for us with such developments happening. Keep it up!
Mehr Sher

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:24:30 AM

Not sure why BNB do that? They already are established them…. Is this insecurity? Hmm…..
Joseph R. Cord

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:30:09 AM

Not too much of a fan of OKlink.

I am almost tired of this stable coin like everyone wants it!!! Makes no sense,
BlokbizICO

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:34:49 AM

Wow!! Job well done. Too early to make a call where this will sit in but good decision I feel.

It is type of thing that will be so very handy in coming time.
ChainCreator
Copper Member

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:36:24 AM

Good watch there with Binance. But I don’t see them as a major challenge anymore. Too many mistakes they have made in recent times for my comfort.
Freddy11

Activity: 391

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:38:12 AM

Honstly speaking, I am not keen until few months go past by the line and we see here every being so much unpredictable. It will be watch and watch how this thing develops
Andrew Parker

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:41:23 AM

Thanks OP. It's a great to read and something that really helps to towards betterment of the industry.

Best Regards
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 06:27:30 AM

Lol…. I am not able to understand why it matters now with Binance.

How will they cover their biggest mistake of blocking USA users?

I think Binance already has lost the plot!!
I don’t think that Binance will deliberately block U.S users, don’t forget that United State is really having issue with some of these exchanges, you can see how bitfiniex too was denied of establishing their exchange in U.S after trying to follow all protocols, so U.S too has their own issue, I guess Binance is just trying to avoid any tax claim by united State government since they more like operate a centralized system.

With the DEX they are proposing where government cannot monitor any of their activities or users, I am sure it will be opened to U.S citizens, as for Ok link, I think they have a smart move with their project proposal, and they will really get the support needed from the crypto community because it looks like they are going to be having a working product.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: