Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:16:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where you at? HODL Saint or Sinner?
HODL Angel: Never Sold! - 2 (11.1%)
HODL Sinner: Sold Some! - 10 (55.6%)
HODL Neutral: Newbie! - 1 (5.6%)
HODL Fallen Angel: Speculator! - 0 (0%)
HODL Dubious: WTF is HODL? - 0 (0%)
Bi-HODL: Swings Both Ways! - 0 (0%)
HODL Miser: Prefer Not To Say! - 2 (11.1%)
HODL: None of your Business! - 3 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Anonymous HODL Thread. Tell how kept or lost faith in HODL & SOLD.-Poll-  (Read 354 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 05:34:05 AM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (3), infofront (1), eddie13 (1), 1Referee (1)

Bitcoin Anonymous HODL Meeting. 6/26/19. Call to order.
------------------------------------------------------

Welcome, All.

At this meeting you will be allowed to repent for your lack of faith in the past of the HODL faith and seek forgiveness from the WO/Bitcointalk faithful.

You will also be able to talk about your successes of resisting the evil temptation of selling any of your HODL Hoard (shudders) as a testament to your HODL Faith.

Who is first. You.

I'll start, my name is Searing.

(Hello Searing from the crowd.)

I lost the faith on this date 12/25/18 and sold some Bitcoin.

(Gasps from the WO/Bitcoin faithful crowd!).

It was Xmas and I cracked like a walnut. Holiday Season is the worst. The FUD from Relatives it was all too much.

The Bitcoin price was $3,965 and I sold 13 BTC. (More gasps from Bitcointalk/WO Faithful...ohhh.. Sinner Repent!).

I did manage to get back into the BTC hoard 3 Bitcoin. But alas, it is unlikely at present prices, I shall re-fill my my 'lost' 10 Btc into my HODL Hoard

and so I ask forgiveness from the Bitcointalk/WO faithful.

(Yea..Sinner...Repent!)

I have been 6 months and one day, 'on the HODL wagon'. HODL Sober. But now from a 4/5/19 price of $5,050 BTC price to the current $12,940.14 price of Bitcoin.

Well, that is why I"m at this meeting, baring all. (No...Sinner...No..from WO/Bitcointalk Faithful)

Yes, you all know where I am going...Indeed...

I am beginning to hear the 'Bear/Sell Temptress with her Siren Song' on the sweet release of selling Bitcoin!

(Wo/Bitcointalk faithful are fainting, making the sign of Satoshi, takes a bit to come back to order)

Ahem, it is not that I've had a true loss of faith in HODL. (No sinner, no HODL, you can be saved!).

I am still strong, the Bear Siren Song is, so far weak at a measly $12k and I can resist at $15k,  

but being weak willed I think I will crack at $20k and have a complete breakdown of HODL faith again in the future!

(No....W0/Bitcointalk faithful....resist the temptation of the Bear Siren..resist).

I realize 'logically' that I will never mine enough Bitcoin to matter much again. It is unlikely I will ever recoup the HODL 10 Bitcoin from my last loss of faith.

I also realize that Bitcoin, is like 'Virtual Land' and the protocol of all great things to be built to the HODL Chapel in the future, but I am weak-willed. Thus why I'm here.

I know the Siren Song of the Bears to Sell Short and tempt me is coming. There are signs. (WO/Bitcointalk faithful all make the sign of Satoshi and shudder)

Whereas before I was 'scorned' at $3.2k Bitcoin prices when telling folks to buy Bitcoin, I was 'mocked' and 'laughed at' by strangers to

relatives. I now am actively pursued for my knowledge of Bitcoin since 2013. Indeed it is quite amazing my change in fortunes this year!

It is a heady taste of power! (resist...sinner...resist that slippery path says the crowd)

I fear hubris and selling sin, may be in my future. (No...say the WO/Bitciontalk Faithful ..have faith Sinner Resist..we are here for you)

Searing, wipes away tears in gratitude, turns back to the crowd.

I also must watch what I say, for it seems that I have become much more attractive to Women, with a simple phrase of "I've been into BTC since 2013" now. That is new.

Again, if Bitcoin is 'Virtual Land' and harder and harder to obtain, I don't want to sell, even part of the frigging 'Virtual Ranch' to some Bear Carpet Bagger.

So the sweet temptation of fast women/booze/popularity is calling...faintly I hear the Temptress...

(all you techno-nerds may need to look popularity up, I had no idea, thus how we had time to get into Bitcoin...but I digress...)

But anyway the 'Sweet Siren' of Success, also beckons me now. Sell some, what can it hurt, etc. Just a little bit, tell no one, live a little.

Alas, a cruel world indeed. Just nerdy enough to fall into Bitcoin in 2013. But too nerdy to resist fast women/cars/trips and this new concept of 'popularity!'

(WO/Bitcointalk Faithful..it is a trap Sinner Resist!)

But if I start selling where will it end? 100k Bitcoin and I've squandered it on fun/stuff/etc? How will I look at myself in the mirror? how will I handle the hurt?

I reject fun. I am a HODL'er we 'despise' fun, fun means I'm doing something other than accumulate Bitcoin. I would not have any bitcoin if I was 'popular and fun'.

Where would I have had the time to wrestle the demon machines from KNC? (KNC Titans don't make 'eye contact' in the Basement, they will brick themselves for sure!

All the rambling techno/crypto nerd talk in chat and posts on Bitcointalk. The loss of knowledge on how to HODL, lost to 'fun' and 'popularity' (the W0/Bitcointalk crowd nods heads)

The Bitcoin Hoard is sacrosanct! So somehow I will resist this notion of popularity and fun! (shudder)

So I ask forgiveness and again I am 6 months I and one-day HODL sober. Thank you for your time.

(Yea...WO/Bitcointalk faithful clapping... he has returned to the flock! Searing has repented!)

Thank you Searing, who is next to speak?

(Searing mumbles to self, as he steps down from the podium and to his chair, "I still think when Bitcoin hits $20k I'm gonna crack like an egg, better put these guys on speed-dial")

When Bitcoin, gets to 100k boys and girls we are gonna have to 'toughen up' indeed. The temptation will be high!

Anyway, what is your story? Have you been tempted? Did you fall from grace and now aimlessly wander Bitcointalk like a Spirit with NO Bitcoin?

How long have you been HODL worthy? How long have you not been HODL worthy? Or are you a 'dreaded' ...dare I say it....speculator! (Heresy Indeed!)

Post your replies in the thread below. Take the Poll on the thread.

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 05:53:03 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2019, 06:09:34 AM by eddie13
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), gentlemand (1)

it seems that I have become much more attractive to Women, with a simple phrase of "I've been into BTC since 2013" now. That is new.
Oh? This is good stuff?

I chose HODL sinner but I'm not as much of a sinner as you, lol.. I have never completely sold out since 2014 and didn't even sell out a large chunk last time..
I wrote this post recently and think it explains what you are getting at well..

Crossed $11,000 but the rate of price increase looks scary to me,it won't be a bull trap right? Lips sealed

Anyways I am in the profits nearly after a year,planned to sell some of my holding at the end of this year?

This can be a good idea?

Well, out of the 10+ year history of bitcoin all sells would be regrettable but a brief 7 week period that was higher than now, and likely not for long, so it's almost never a good plan to sell BTC..

I sold like .8 BTC @ $300 for an intercooler and gofast bits, and regret it..
I still have that car with that intercooler and every time I see it it looks like a $5,000 intercooler made in china..

Then I sold like .8 BTC @ $9,500 in 2017 when it looked like it wasn't going to break $10k for the first time, for a nice car I am still daily driving today, and I regret it..
I didn't need the nice car, it is nice but I could just still be driving my rusty Subaru and have my .8 BTC back Sad

So I would say no.. Unless you are absolutely starving to death it is basically never a good idea to sell BTC..

I am lucky to have what coin I still have and it is going to be very hard for me not to put it down on a new house/property investment, because I want a nicer house..
But I know if I sell @ $30,000 or so and it goes to $300,000 or whatever in the future I will deeply regret it for the rest of my life because this is my one and only chance to hold the best lottery tickets the world has ever seen..
If I sell their is no way I will ever be able to get them back..

I think I should suffer through my life of being half poor until the bitcoins are high enough for me to basiclly fuck off in a sailboat or something for the rest of my life, leave all the worldly BS behind, and then still only sell what I need to as I go instead of cash right out..
If I can resist buying a house.. But in the long term I don't even really want a house for anything other than rental income..

Basically I think it mostly comes down to the fact that I fear the deep regret of selling my BTC more than I fear loosing all of that money, whatever BTC is now or really has ever been..
I can live with myself losing what amount I have now but if I sold it I'm not sure I could live with myself knowing that I could have been set for life if I wasn't a chicken and sold it all.. I can see me in 30 years telling the kids that I used to own enough BTC to buy and sell their entire family..

Seeing the price just over $3k didn't make me stop regretting my sells @ around $9,500 either.. It eased the pain some but didn't completely eliminate it..

I got into cypto to trade.. I thought trading would be fun, and it was for a long time, but it ain't what it used to be..
Soon thereafter I learned about Bitcoin and what an incredible tool it is, or could be, for the good of humanity, because honestly I'm damn near a right wing anarchist in my beliefs about freedom, so I have really been a believer almost right from the beginning..
And the story of Bitcoin's beginnings being so fascinating and right up my alley..

The true HODL king is Satoshi Nakamoto..
He either must be an alien for real like some say, or dead, because no human could ever HODL that hard, no way..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
arewethereyet?

Activity: 69
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 08:27:42 AM

The selling levels that come to my mind, were $400, $2400, and around $16000. The first two hurt my soul. The last sell didnt hurt so much, but that would be hindsight making me feel better, i guess. However, i still held around 20% of the BTC i HODLed from 2013, which i still hold today. Theres about 0.5BTC on my phone, and the rest is in Casascius form.......its dam hard to peel n sell those physical beauties.

Oh.......its $99000, for me  Wink
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 09:06:38 AM

i have sold some bitcoins in the past but not because i lost faith or anything like that! only because i saw the gigantic rise of that time and wanted to take some of my profit out and enjoy my efforts and the fact that i was wise enough to get in bitcoin early.

i think that is the correct way to go too. for example if you invest $1000 when price was $1000 in 2017 and waited around a year you could have sold 0.06 bitcoin to get your $1000 out when price reached $15000 (i choose 15k instead of ATH at 20k because that is a more logical place to sell)

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
hardymatt

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 09:10:48 AM

rag to rich with bitcoins.

I started buying it when it's $0.02 until it reach $100.
I exhausted all my family savings & mortgage during that period.

now we are debt free & rest is still in bitcoin, we only took out a little portion of our expenses.

My network of people & crypto pro ,we all have a strong stand it will reach $100m/coin in 10 years time.

YOLO.
by then who knows.
 Cool
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2019, 09:28:47 AM

I've always sold some Bitcoins, but I've always tried to cash out as little as possible directly to fiat and rather buy things with Bitcoin directly.
Currently, I'm keeping most of my coins in a time-locked contract until the 30th of August 2019 and I'm regularly added some BTC to that.

It's the best way to HODL in my opinion Tongue

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 09:41:44 AM

as long as you don't confuse my selling with losing faith I have to say I have sold bitcoin but only I have done it when I knew a correction is coming or a bubble is bursting and I did it mainly to have liquid fiat in hand to buy back in the dip and increase my bitcoin stash. the goal has always been to be "1 in a million" anyways and I am still sticking to it.

I lost the faith on this date 12/25/18 and sold some Bitcoin.
I am always surprised to see this from very old members. you expect this attitude from newcomers because they haven't seen the same thing repeated before but not from those who have seen the same trend at least 2 times in the past.

Only Bitcoin
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 10:19:54 AM

I have hodled through the entirety of 2017 bubble, I have started accumulating coins in 2016 and watched them grow from $450-$600 to the ATH of $20,000 and I only sold tiny amount to make some purchases. This made me a little bit sad about the lost opportunities of selling at ATH and buying at the $3,400 bottom, so now I'm dead set on selling when the price will start getting ridiculously high in this bull run, with a goal of rebuying some, but also using profits to start investing in other things (not crypto).

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 10:51:02 AM

I initially believed in the success of bitcoin.But since I don't live in the virtual world I also, sinned, and sold bitcoin when I needed Fiat money.But this amount has never exceeded 50% of my assets.Therefore, I still fixed the profit.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2019, 10:58:08 AM

~snip~

The Bitcoin price was $3,965 and I sold 13 BTC. (More gasps from Bitcointalk/WO Faithful...ohhh.. Sinner Repent!).
~snip~
Oh shit Brad!

I don't feel bad for those people who sold their bitcoin even at $1 or less but after that ATH in 2017 when someone is selling their Bitcoin only at $3,965 then I feel really bad for them.

Anyway, there should not be any regret for Bitcoiners. We are already lucky that we have Bitcoin.

PS: I lost some of my BTC (less than 0.1% of my position) in gambling but never considered to sell my Bitcoin till now.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 01:49:01 PM

Forgive me Karhu, for I have sinned.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 01:53:41 PM

I hodl most of my coins and will not let go of them, but I have to admit that I sold a small percentage hoping to buy back lower but it didn't work out at all. I severely underestimated how powerful this bull run is.

The good thing is that I have sent whatever I had sitting in my speculative wallet over to my cold wallet. I'm sure that if I continued trading I would do even worse so I'm happy that I have enough self control to stop doing something that doesn't work.

It's much more fun watching how the price goes up and down without having to risk anything. Yesterday was an action packed day with how hard we went up and how hard we went down. Where other than crypto do you see this?

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1957

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 03:39:23 PM

Everyone eventually come to the point where they are too tempted to sell and group influence tend to make it worst. My family are one of the driving forces behind me selling quite a lot of my coins, because they constantly say that Bitcoin might repeat the history of going to a ATH and then dropping 80% of more and the more I tell them that it is a good thing, because you can buy low and sell high... the more they tell me to get out before it collapse.

So to get them off my back, I sold some coins when the price increase rapidly and I made sure that I got all my initial investment capital back before something could happen that might result in me losing all the money I invested into this.

I also sell small amounts every day, by buying lunch and drinks.  Tongue

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 06:03:37 PM

I haven't sold a single satoshi from my cold wallets in probably 4 years. Not even the runup to $20,000 back in 2017 was enough to convince me to access my cold wallets.

In order to benefit from this market's wild up and down swings I have a number of coins that I solely use to long/short on Bitmex to accumulate more satoshis. Great thing about Bitmex is that it pays you out in Bitcoin too, regardless of what coin you long/short. This way I can still benefit from how wild this market is without even thinking about the coins in my cold wallets.

$20,000 is nothing but a future bottom of a potentially long lasting horror bear market.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 08:40:48 PM

Call me a sinner but I have sold a number of times due to practicality and trying to take advantage of the current trend in action. I first sold @ $2900, thinking that it cannot surpass $3000, only to find myself a fool when bitcoin reached $4000 within 2 days (this was in 2017). Sold again @ $18000 when everyone else was shouting $20k and I believed that the market couldn't hold, which, as expected, it didn't. Sold again @ $8700 and $9700 respectively in the current trend just to play it safe. I still have my faith in bitcoin even though I have sold a lot of times. Well you couldn't blame me, I have my needs and to further expand my business as well.

After all, we are degenerates of varying degrees in here, right? Or is it just me..

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 10:46:05 PM

it seems that I have become much more attractive to Women, with a simple phrase of "I've been into BTC since 2013" now. That is new.
Oh? This is good stuff?

I chose HODL sinner but I'm not as much of a sinner as you, lol.. I have never completely sold out since 2014 and didn't even sell out a large chunk last time..
I wrote this post recently and think it explains what you are getting at well..

Crossed $11,000 but the rate of price increase looks scary to me,it won't be a bull trap right? Lips sealed

Anyways I am in the profits nearly after a year,planned to sell some of my holding at the end of this year?

This can be a good idea?

Well, out of the 10+ year history of bitcoin all sells would be regrettable but a brief 7 week period that was higher than now, and likely not for long, so it's almost never a good plan to sell BTC..

I sold like .8 BTC @ $300 for an intercooler and gofast bits, and regret it..
I still have that car with that intercooler and every time I see it it looks like a $5,000 intercooler made in china..

Then I sold like .8 BTC @ $9,500 in 2017 when it looked like it wasn't going to break $10k for the first time, for a nice car I am still daily driving today, and I regret it..
I didn't need the nice car, it is nice but I could just still be driving my rusty Subaru and have my .8 BTC back Sad

So I would say no.. Unless you are absolutely starving to death it is basically never a good idea to sell BTC..

I am lucky to have what coin I still have and it is going to be very hard for me not to put it down on a new house/property investment, because I want a nicer house..
But I know if I sell @ $30,000 or so and it goes to $300,000 or whatever in the future I will deeply regret it for the rest of my life because this is my one and only chance to hold the best lottery tickets the world has ever seen..
If I sell their is no way I will ever be able to get them back..

I think I should suffer through my life of being half poor until the bitcoins are high enough for me to basiclly fuck off in a sailboat or something for the rest of my life, leave all the worldly BS behind, and then still only sell what I need to as I go instead of cash right out..
If I can resist buying a house.. But in the long term I don't even really want a house for anything other than rental income..

Basically I think it mostly comes down to the fact that I fear the deep regret of selling my BTC more than I fear loosing all of that money, whatever BTC is now or really has ever been..
I can live with myself losing what amount I have now but if I sold it I'm not sure I could live with myself knowing that I could have been set for life if I wasn't a chicken and sold it all.. I can see me in 30 years telling the kids that I used to own enough BTC to buy and sell their entire family..

Seeing the price just over $3k didn't make me stop regretting my sells @ around $9,500 either.. It eased the pain some but didn't completely eliminate it..

I got into cypto to trade.. I thought trading would be fun, and it was for a long time, but it ain't what it used to be..
Soon thereafter I learned about Bitcoin and what an incredible tool it is, or could be, for the good of humanity, because honestly I'm damn near a right wing anarchist in my beliefs about freedom, so I have really been a believer almost right from the beginning..
And the story of Bitcoin's beginnings being so fascinating and right up my alley..

The true HODL king is Satoshi Nakamoto..
He either must be an alien for real like some say, or dead, because no human could ever HODL that hard, no way...

The line above in this thread by Eddie13, really, really sums up HODL'ing for me, "Basically I think it mostly comes down to the fact that I fear the deep regret of selling my BTC more than I fear loosing all of that money"

I do believe however this process of looking at selling vs HODL'ing has a large chance of falling into the saying of, "A fool and his money is soon parted'

But then again, this is just 'magic/unicorn/fairydust/rainbow/ and gumdrop imaginary, Internet, Tulip, money anyway right? So WTH. Smiley

Your other point is Satoshi as the HODL King...I agree, if bitcoin ever did become Tulips, it will be because Craig Wright is the last man standing from the original

Satoshi Group of the three. Hal Finney and Dave Kleiman, of which both are deceased. I often think that if Bitcoin does go 'full Tulip' it will be in this manner.

Which is the great roundabout and mysterious way it has begun and thrived..that would indeed be a full circle on how it ends. Drama, it is how Bitcoin Rolls" Smiley

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 04:18:35 AM

I'm not sure you can say I enjoy HODL'ing. Especially with the recent price dump. But, I don't NEED the BTC to be cashed out. Also being older, I may only HAVE 1/4 century

(25 years) of life left, if I'm lucky, so if I don't take a chance on my belief in BTC/Crypto...wodon't matter much by then anyway.

So riding this out and accumulating some dust on the way.

I think the price dump is miner capitulation myself 60% of scrypt-pow miners are Bitmain L3+s and convert their LTC to BTC mostly I think. Also same for sha-256 or Bitmain S9's

also likely at 60% of the equipment on sha-246. Thus they are all still? kinda hanging in there.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/no-capitulation-bitcoin-miners-completely-unfazed-by-price-drop

So, IMHO, a lot of miners were big on HODL'ing which they can't do now due to real-life issues like electric costs/data hall rent or mortgage/etc. Most big miners in the USA anyway

work for themselves .they will dump BTC till it hurts rather than go back to work for someone else. So real-life issues for them must spend the coin, can't hodl as they wish, have

real-life bills/family/issues due probably by the 10th of any month. Also, it is the end of the month now. So that lack of HODL'ing by what is usually the 'cheerleaders of BTC/LTC/Crypto and

them having to spend on top of such...is likely a big trigger for those who speculate and trade that things are going south.

But what do I  know? I just HODL (mostly) since 2013.

So maybe it will go beanie baby...I'll still is likely to have passed a bit after 25 years (knock wood) and have no debts/house paid/ and other investments to keep an OK retirement.

So hell, let it ride. I have to just keep believing after drinking the 2013 kool-aid..that BTC/Crypto is like a 'virtual land' where the value of such is reflected in the amount of land

the adoption and use of the land and the amount of land still to be tamed. (ie...the last 3 million BTC to be mined).

So the price of BTC is based on the amount of BTC vs Adoption vs real-life usage as a store of value or a virtual gold.

IF I am right, this too shall pass. I am basing all my 'dust accumulation' on BTC eventually in some way or someday getting back to $10k per BTC and accumulating dust by

selling crap on eBay accordingly. This is if I'm right. Also, if I'm right on the above, I'm assuming my 'traditional investments' are gonna take a pretty good hit in what I see

as a 20-40% correction/recession on such. So it is a wash, with BTC/Crypto acting like "Plan B" and saving my butt.

IF I am wrong, and somehow BTC/Crypto is regulated to the dustbin of history as beanie baby money. Well that means the that very rich and connected and powerful are in charge

which probably means my traditional investments are fine and it is just young people and others starting out that will have a much tougher time to get by in the world. In other

words, more centralized control of money and onward and upward to someday perhaps Trillionarires.....but again, flat wage growth for the last next 40 years like the last 40 years

won't affect my old ass...so its a wash.... I get beat up on my BTC/crypto dreams as a loss but traditional world money and investments let me slide at my age.

hardly fair.

I would PREFER that BTC/Crypto go up in value in a more modest sustained manner along with a better more fair bit of capitalistic improvement over the next 25 years I could watch.

But anyway, from my old ass point of view...let the BTC/Crypto wise, what the heck. Again, selling crap (attic mining) stuff I'd otherwise die with for BTC/Crypto 'dust' to add to the

hoard. Stuff to do in my retirement. Smiley

Brad

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 10549

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 04:39:49 AM

I think the price dump is miner capitulation myself 60% of scrypt-pow miners are Bitmain L3+s and convert their LTC to BTC mostly I think. Also same for sha-256 or Bitmain S9's

unfortunately ever since the bubbles in 2017, altcoin dumps have been one of the considerable contributors to bitcoin price drops. and it isn't limited to certain altcoins like litecoin, it is all of them! as people cash out through bitcoin it puts a lot of sell pressure on bitcoin and as the drops start and the altcoin massive dump starts more sells take place and it keeps on growing. so even if it started with LTC, it is now a lot of other altcoins that are being dumped and a portion go to tether and another big portion go to bitcoin then fiat and cause more panic sells in bitcoin pushing its price lower.

But what do I  know? I just HODL (mostly) since 2013.
i found that selling some bitcoin from time to time when the market is on the rise (like when it reached $13k) is a good idea. it could simply be 1% of what you hold (meaning a small amount) but the result will be great as the drops such as this won't cause any panic for you and you could see them as an opportunity to buy more cheap coins Wink

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 06:59:37 AM

This is an amazing thread, I love the structure of it and funny the responses are, +1 OP.

I have never sold any BTC, ever, HODL for life! Or so I wish...

My sins consist of typical greed, after selling 5 BTC at the 20,000 mark for USDT, I quickly re-entered the market when it dropped down to 8,000, and was able to bag 10 BTC, while the rest of my BTC disappeared in a flurry of amazon and Newegg shopping.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: