Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:15:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will cryptocurrency soon be an alternate payment option?  (Read 7109 times)
nutella_11

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 07:00:08 AM

I believe that cryptocurrencies will be an alternate payment option. They are now, but that is not as popular yet. Cryptocurrencies are more and more readily available. Recently, I found an article about it - www.blockchain24.co/blockchain-in-your-neighbourhood

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 10:27:21 AM

The era has changed, there are several online or offline stores that can accept bitcoin as a payment tool, this is probably good news that will support the development of bitcoin, and I hope bitcoin becomes the world's first digital currency.
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 10:56:38 AM

Yes for me I think it would soon be an alternative payment option ,
It would only take some time since there is already some big company who declares to accept it ,
Soon the other merchant or company would also accept it as a payment option.
We are now in an advance stage where most of the people rely on the internet .
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1436

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 10:59:24 AM

The era has changed, there are several online or offline stores that can accept bitcoin as a payment tool, this is probably good news that will support the development of bitcoin, and I hope bitcoin becomes the world's first digital currency.

They are not several, but lots, and lots of more. For example take a look on this map https://coinmap.org/ it shows all the places nearby where you can use bitcoin as a payment method.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 06:37:01 PM

There are already merchants accepting cryptocurrencies as an alternative payment to their products/services depending on your local wallet provided. In fact, this option enables and attracts more customers.
Although there may be merchants present, be wary that about the government's stand into cryptocurrencies. Some countries prohibit the usage of such and this may lead into problems.

I do hope that more businesses would accept cryptocurrency as an alternative option for easily accessibility and convenience in both the consumer and the producer.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 07:08:10 PM

the diffusion of crypto is becoming more and more widespread but i think it will take some time before they(crypto) become a payment method adopted by all the shops while already we can pay everywhere with debit cards that have connected a bitcoin wallet ( wirex, 2gether,coinsbank)...
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 09:32:57 PM

What do you mean? Bitcoin is already an alternate payment option for possibly a long time. Many online services these days have been accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment. Let's take an example on Steam. This giant game video game company once took a choice to accept Bitcoin for video game purchasing (although they did revert this some years later). Not only online services, just like your example, a big coffee house chain like Starbucks have also accepted Bitcoin. This literally cryptocurrency have already been an alternate payment option. The word 'alternate' is derived From the Latin word alternō which means take turns. Have you grasped the concept now? Cryptocurrency has taken a turn as a payment option.

Now I think the real question here is Will cryptocurrency soon be a primary payment option?.

faucet used to be profitable
Raidal

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 10:45:32 PM

Just a month ago, giants like Starbucks, Nordstrom, Whole Foods, and AT&T announced that they accept cryptocurrency as a payment option.
With the  popularity that cryptocurrency is growing there is no doubt that it will soon be among other payment methods. Especially for the international payments, with its ridiculously low fee and time taken for inter-border transfers it is surely the favorite among the traders.
Also, with giants accepting it as a payment option there is no other need to prove its authenticity.

Do you own any cryptocurrency yet?

I am a crypto currency lover and strongly support crypto currencies used for transactions internationally. I think this crypto currency will be a solution for transactions that cannot be done with fiat currencies. The large number of large companies that partner with crypto currencies will trigger other companies to work with crypto currencies. By using crypto currencies, payments can be applied internationally without thinking of taxes. Transactions can also be done easily, quickly, and practically. I think that crypto currencies, especially bitcoin, are ready to be used as alternative currencies in making payments.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:40:59 AM

Using some cryptocurrencies as an alternative payment could speed up the adoption especially bitcoin and this give crypto users many options on where to use their coins. Some bitcoin exchanges have already using bitcoin as an alternate payment option because there are already available shops, government agencies and utilities that accept bitcoin. But is still limited to wealthy countries where bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are accepted and used. The future for cryptocurrencies as a payment option is still promising and I believe it will happen soon.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 03:49:28 AM

Just a month ago, giants like Starbucks, Nordstrom, Whole Foods, and AT&T announced that they accept cryptocurrency as a payment option.
With the  popularity that cryptocurrency is growing there is no doubt that it will soon be among other payment methods. Especially for the international payments, with its ridiculously low fee and time taken for inter-border transfers it is surely the favorite among the traders.
Also, with giants accepting it as a payment option there is no other need to prove its authenticity.

You are correct. While some people object they can't buy a cup of coffee fast enough, it is vastly superior to wire transfers and foreign money exchanges, or even credit cards in many transactions. And a bitcoin is still a bitcoin no matter where you are. Tourism is one of the main venues where crypto will become popular, also international transactions of any kind.

Next time you visit $random country you will be glad to find a shop that accepts your crypto directly instead of just $random fiat. And, that your fortune is always with you without needing to declare it to anyone.

This world is changing, fast, post Satoshi.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
rodskee

Activity: 2352
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:58:02 AM

I think cryptocurrency will be an alternate payment option but not very soon.
First it has to be regulated by government but im not sure if this will happen  Cry

I think your wrong because we believe crypto currency been already using as alternate payment option.for some poin yeah they right in processing of paying item there is processing fee.I've been tried to pay in dragon pay using bitcoin.there is company accepting cryptocurrency for payment.and as of now I heard a new crypto called libra that come from facebook.this also called facebook coin.this is a new crypto that can be use for o
Paying items or even transferring money.it is like a bitcoin that can be use where ever you are.also can be cash out paying a small amount of processing fee.so I believe that more altcoins will come soon that crypto currency is a new alternate payment option.

romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:45:50 AM

Bitcoin and other crypto currencies was already accepted as payment for almost a decade, to name a few:

Microsoft, Overstock, Namecheap, Newegg, Try Lolli, KFC Canada, Pex Peppers, Bees Bros, Expedia and so many others.

And as what we're expecting, it will be a form of payment for everyday transaction soon.

https://icoholder.com/blog/places-accept-bitcoin/

https://www.ccn.com/companies-that-accept-bitcoin/

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:59:33 AM

In some countries crypto currency is an alternative payment option.
Always in every country where crypto transactions are legal or doesn't have rules of prohibiting the usage of it.

Crypto people are already using it as alternative payment.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 08:12:50 AM

The fact that cryptocurrency is said today everywhere is very good. 
Looking from a broader perspective, yes. But getting the wrong type of attention and bad names on media does hurt the market which is again temporary.

Very often, the statements of famous people who really influence the popularization of cryptocurrency in the world. 
That is the bad effect of Black PR. We have seen how badly bitcoin has been bashed by famous people and then some trading waves had set in.

That's just the real use of cryptocurrency is possible after its full legalization, at least in the leading countries of the world.  If this does not happen, many businessmen, taxpayers will have problems with the government.
I dont think either of that is going to happen. Legalization of crypto would mean those who are using crypto for black market purpose will move away from it. That would drop the market demand for bitcoin. Taxpaying on crypto is still something that has not be cleared out - since the system does not make provisions for taxation and only those who want to voluntarily give taxes are going to do so.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ExFrozze

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 02:06:50 PM

yes, I really wait for the cryptocurrency to be used as an alternative payment tool, so that I can freely buy goods from my country, or even from abroad.

SuperTA

Activity: 406
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 02:25:57 PM

In my country, we already have cryptocurrency as an alternative payment. We even have BTC City (one of the biggest shoping centers in Europe) with over 100 shops where you can pay with several cryptocurrencies. Country Slovenia. Bitstamp Country. Crypto is legal here and there is no tax on your crypto trading, if you have less than 100 trading days in 1 year. In my town there is more locations where you can pay with crypto than in entire USA. Even our prime minister paying with crypto here.
BTC Future

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 07:59:44 PM

Isn't it already an alternative option for payments? Most merchants already know Bitcoin exists. Some are eager to learn more about it and incorporate it into their payment options. Still merchant adoption was on it's peak when Bitcoin was stable at around 200-400$. Price fluctuations probably cause more problems for corporations.

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2019, 04:18:00 AM

Crypto is already an alternative payment option.

Bitcoin is already used in a lot of countries to buy goods and services,  all it needs is mass adoption to become a "real" currency.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 05:56:33 AM

Bitcoin was being used in our generation for almost years to some merchants all over the world.
Which is mot often used for online payment transaction, just like credit card were they're both being used
for electronic payment. So, yes bitcoin has a big chance to become an alternate payment option in terms of
online payment.
diahsw

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 08:15:07 AM

Everything has advantages and disadvantages. Bitcoin is here to provide solutions to disabilities that exist in transactions through banks and fiat so far. Not that bitcoin is without notes, can transactions be done by the internet? Well, the logic is like that. I think fiat, bank, or bitcoin will continue to grow and improve the system in each without having to restore or be replaced. if to replace the bank, it seems the possibility is very small. But if the bank system uses blockchain technology, it can, because as far as I know, there are many large outside banks that have begun to study blockchain technology.
Maybe it could be possible for a country to change currencies with bitcoin, but it would be difficult also to buy daily necessities using bitcoin, especially for places that are difficult to reach with the internet, and whether all people understand, it would be difficult for older people to use bitcoin and children therefore need paper money. see the increasingly modern technological development of cryptocurrency currencies like it seems will be used and developed as a modern transaction, and it is quite appropriate besides being more efficient and more transparent, the future of the cryptocurrency era will begin.

S T R A Y   ███  ANIMAL TOKEN - CHARITY AND INVESTMENTS
───── ─    BUY NOW       ─ ─────
WEBSITE     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     REDDIT     WHITEPAPER
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: