Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:05:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting clarification regarding Self-Moderated Threads vs. Non Self-Moderated  (Read 211 times)
LoveStruckBaby (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:18:43 AM

I created a new Thread with the intention of being able to remove anyone's reply in case it gets off topic from the thread's intended discussion, and I think I made a mistake, too-

Since I'm very sure I checked Self-Moderated in the Additional Options, I'm guessing now that it means that any person who posts on a thread can delete their own post, whereas, if I didn't click that option, as the thread-starter, I would have been able to remove any post on the thread, correct?

I'm sure I clicked the Self-Moderated option but I've been wondering why I've been unable to see any option to delete anyone's post.

I'm assuming I made a mistake, and now my question is, is it possible delete the thread I already started so I can start a new one where I can delete anyone's post? In order to do that, I should leave the Self-Moderated option UN-checked, correct?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 10:21:04 AM

I created a new Thread with the intention of being able to remove anyone's reply in case it gets off topic from the thread's intended discussion, and I think I made a mistake, too-

Since I'm very sure I checked Self-Moderated in the Additional Options, I'm guessing now that it means that any person who posts on a thread can delete their own post, whereas, if I didn't click that option, as the thread-starter, I would have been able to remove any post on the thread, correct?

I'm sure I clicked the Self-Moderated option but I've been wondering why I've been unable to see any option to delete anyone's post.

You can only delete post of others if you create a self moderated thread. The users can delete their own post from both a self moderated and non self moderated thread by you.

I'm assuming I made a mistake, and now my question is, is it possible delete the thread I already started so I can start a new one where I can delete anyone's post? In order to do that, I should leave the Self-Moderated option UN-checked, correct?
You can not delete a thread that you started. The best you can do is, remove the contents from that thread and then report the thread to the moderator telling them to delete this thread as it is a mistake.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:24:30 AM

Correct. Only moderators are able to remove posts in non self-moderated threads.

If you checked the correct box then you should see 'Delete' button next to 'Quote'. You might have not checked the box by an accident. Re-create the thread with self-moderation option checked. If you can't delete the first post then lock the topic (bottom left corner).
LoveStruckBaby (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:34:07 AM

Correct. Only moderators are able to remove posts in non self-moderated threads.

If you checked the correct box then you should see 'Delete' button next to 'Quote'. You might have not checked the box by an accident. Re-create the thread with self-moderation option checked. If you can't delete the first post then lock the topic (bottom left corner).

Oh crap. My intention was to create a new thread where I could delete other peoples posts. When you say Moderator, do you mean if I didn't check the Self-Moderated option, that only someone like mprep on the altcoin announcement forum can delete anyone's post? Or when you say Moderator, do you mean that if I didn't check the Self Moderated option that I can delete anyone's post? My bad I'm just still a little confused.

Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:36:57 AM

When you say Moderator, do you mean if I didn't check the Self-Moderated option, that only someone like mprep on the altcoin announcement forum can delete anyone's post? Or when you say Moderator, do you mean that if I didn't check the Self Moderated option that I can delete anyone's post? My bad I'm just still a little confused.

If you didn't check that option then only mprep (local moderator) and global moderators would be able to delete posts. If you want to be able to delete posts then check self-moderation option.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:48:09 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2019, 11:05:09 AM by Last of the V8s

When you say Moderator, do you mean if I didn't check the Self-Moderated option, that only someone like mprep on the altcoin announcement forum can delete anyone's post? Or when you say Moderator, do you mean that if I didn't check the Self Moderated option that I can delete anyone's post? My bad I'm just still a little confused.

If you didn't check that option then only mprep (local moderator) and global moderators would be able to delete posts. If you want to be able to delete posts then check self-moderation option.

Okay I think I'm almost there at understanding, so I swear I checked the Self-Moderated posts before I created the thread, and maybe I didn't, but I should be able to delete anyone's posts on the thread if I did, correct? If I can't then I'm guessing I somehow didn't check that box. Thank You for the help by the way
You didn't check the box https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5159325.msg51629626#msg51629626 edit: now archived https://archive.is/2LIv1
It would look like this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0 where there's a blurb about self-moderation...
maybe start afresh, check the damn box, and link to previous thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: