Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:49:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recover coins sent to BNB Testnet  (Read 202 times)
48portswitch (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 10:54:16 AM

Afternoon everyone,

I sent BNB coins to Binance testnet after a simple misunderstanding. How can I retrieve these coins please?
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:54:19 PM

The best solution would be contacting Binance support, they have their own mainnet and they might be able to help you retrieve those coins that sent to the testnet.

I'm doubtful that they'll help you retrieve it but gave it a shot because they're the only one that can help you in this matter.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:08:41 PM

I hope the amount you sent wasn't that huge because unfortunately, you can't get back your coins. It was clearly stated on "Binance Chain: Things To Avoid" ↓↓↓
Please do not send any real mainnet tokens (BTC, ETH, BNB etc.) to Binance testnet. Your tokens will be lost and will be unrecoverable.
jossiel

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:22:44 PM

I hope the amount you sent wasn't that huge because unfortunately, you can't get back your coins. It was clearly stated on "Binance Chain: Things To Avoid" ↓↓↓
Please do not send any real mainnet tokens (BTC, ETH, BNB etc.) to Binance testnet. Your tokens will be lost and will be unrecoverable.

Thanks so that's it, I'm right with my doubt and contacting Binance support is helpless. OP, I guess you have to give up. Sorry to cut your hope but with that quote they've already warned from before that everyone shouldn't send any amount/crypto to the binance testnet.

How much BNB coins you've sent there?
48portswitch (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 04:27:06 PM

Thank you for your replies. What is the next course of action you would take in the event Binance were unable to recover the coins?
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 11:24:19 PM

Thank you for your replies. What is the next course of action you would take in the event Binance were unable to recover the coins?
If I were in the situation, most likely I will just accept the fact that I lost my coins/tokens and move on. They remind the users to not send mainnet tokens, they did their part and clearly I was at fault.

If you are not satisfied with what I shared above (I hope you visited the link and read the whole content), then you should contact the support and confirm it.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 12:14:15 AM

You should not do anything, basically binance has lost its access to the token that already sent to the testnet. It just like your coin already destroyed. Binance has said if binance doesn't have ability to recover your token or coin while at the same time binance is the only party that was having the control over its blockchain.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
jossiel

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 12:57:58 AM

There's nothing we can do mate, we just have to accept that we made a mistake and finally move on and be aware of not committing this mistake again.

The quote were given to us yesterday and it came from Binance confirming that they are no longer going to do retrieval because they've warned. But unless they have changed their mind and their support had a soft heart that their developers has a way of retrieving it.
48portswitch (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 07:05:22 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2019, 08:21:44 AM by 48portswitch

Thank you again for your replies. If anyone reads this article in the future and knows of a way that I may retrieve the coins then please post it here.
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 10:19:40 AM

The best solution would be contacting Binance support, they have their own mainnet and they might be able to help you retrieve those coins that sent to the testnet.

I'm doubtful that they'll help you retrieve it but gave it a shot because they're the only one that can help you in this matter.

as i knew, if the OP already sent a coin to BNB testnet
there is no way to recover or get back his coin my friend,, or the simple word is the OP already lose his coin
sorry to heard about that

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 10:32:13 AM

I do not think so that this is possible, they can´t retrieve that since the testnet address is probably diffrent than mainnet address and they do not have private key from this address. You did something what is called token burn  Cheesy.

jossiel

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 04:13:08 PM

I do not think so that this is possible, they can´t retrieve that since the testnet address is probably diffrent than mainnet address and they do not have private key from this address. You did something what is called token burn  Cheesy.
Yes, as quoted by jhenfelipe coming from Binance themselves there's no way to retrieve it.

And those coins that were sent wrongly to the testnet will be lost forever. You are correct that it can be the typical burning of token but OP did it unintentionally. With his last post, I feel bad that he's still hoping to recover it. Who knows in the future that BNB can do something about it.
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 04:22:49 PM

If Binance support won't answer your ticket, which is the most obvious scenario, just forget about it. I do not think there is a way of getting tokens back from the testnet, it is blockchain right, such actions cannot be undone.
Mr.Zero

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 04:28:50 PM

I think the best way is to contact their support or admin, because they have full access from Binance.
we can cause problems that we face and I am sure they will help give us the best service.
that is the best solution for you mate.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM

TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 04:32:12 PM

It said you cannot recover if you sent to Binance test net, but i think its worth if you try to contact Binance' support service, maybe they have solution to your problem. I hope you get the best solution to this problem
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2019, 05:44:19 PM

In some cases, it is quite difficult to contact the help desk by email, because the team does not respond very quickly to the user who has problems.  It is best to try with the help of the Telegram group, where representatives of the trade runs are always online and will always advise on solving your problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: