Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 08:25:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner or pool adds a 0 to my wallet address  (Read 171 times)
Teilk420 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 01:57:47 AM

Huh I am using RWTeam Claymore miner 14.7 with nanopool and my wallet address gets changed. The first 4hrs it mined to the right address went to bed woke up checked my status and noticed there was a extra 0 in my wallet address. I have tried restarting the miner and now it always mines to the address with the extra 0. I have checked the Bat file several times and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Say my wallet address is really 0x123456789 nanopool reads the wallet address is 0x0123456789 nanopool help is saying they see 2 accounts and to check bat or config. I know im a new but damn. Any ideas?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 5786

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 03:47:53 AM

Are you seriously considering that 0.5% less dev fee version of Claymore miner in exchange for a possible security risk?
That's not open-source and the developer had never shared the code (he just explained it here | & here) but still, it's already compiled.

Anyways, check what's set in the bat file.
My two cents is your address might be missing 1 character (42 characters including the 0x), that's why claymore is adding 0 after the "0x".
You have to stop the miner before changing the address though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Teilk420 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 07:58:06 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

I figured out my address issue I put an o in place of a 0. Thanks for the help what do you mean by the security for 50% dev fee? I've only been mining a few days now. What are good mining software is out there wineth I would get emails every 5 minutes saying my worker went off line I tried multi miner couldn't get it set up as easy as it says not with nanopool my code understanding is very limited last time I even tried code lol was on a commador 64 in the 80's and you sat there for days typing   line 1 if I = y goto line 254 etc. Just to make Hello appear on a screen and make it change color 6 times. That's the last time I even tried coding. Showing my age now
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:23:19 AM

I figured out my address issue I put an o in place of a 0. Thanks for the help what do you mean by the security for 50% dev fee? I've only been mining a few days now. What are good mining software is out there wineth I would get emails every 5 minutes saying my worker went off line I tried multi miner couldn't get it set up as easy as it says not with nanopool my code understanding is very limited last time I even tried code lol was on a commador 64 in the 80's and you sat there for days typing   line 1 if I = y goto line 254 etc. Just to make Hello appear on a screen and make it change color 6 times. That's the last time I even tried coding. Showing my age now

I couldnt imagine typing in my wallet addresses.  Stick with copy & pasting for less mistakes.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: