Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing the rules in the End of the Bounty Campaign is a form of Abuse  (Read 1248 times)
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:34:16 AM

To say the truth there are many bounties that will give rules but will include that 'in the future the teams have the right to adjust the rules' anytime you see something like this just walk away because they are the ones forcing KYC on bounty participants
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:50:49 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2019, 01:27:21 PM by Bitcoinjheta

Yes, this is exactly what happened last year were many bounty campaigns have changing rules due to some problems encountered and it continued in this present were most bounty manager are newbie. This situation or problem should ask by BM before joining the campaign to avoid this kind of abuse.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:54:41 AM

Do you think so?
If you do not agree with the rules, always you can leave. You are not signing any work contract so theoretically you do not even have to get paid.  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:19:43 AM

If the rules of the bounty started otherwise then we'll you are very much wrong in your statement.  I believe we all read rules before joining a campaign, so you agree to that rule once you start the bounty.  If you joined any bounty and tokens a locked after that then revisit the bounty rules again

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:31:19 AM

I won't consider changing rules of bounty after bounty is over has a form of abuse ,its generally a form of cheating to me ,bounty managers or devs I dont care they should just let their 'YES be YES' and no be no, this way people won't be lead astray

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 06:15:06 AM

Lately more and more bounties are not following its own rules. By changing it after the campaign was finish and its unacceptable a form of abuse, decietful, dishonest, in the beggining the stupid terms and condition which is all favor to the team. It should be stop! the bounties must be return to its previous state like 2016-2017 those abusive Bounty Managers whos practice unfair method must gain negative trust. join for the fight
That is quite unfair and it is in human to do that to innocent hunters that has suffered to work on some of these campaigns for them. They need to also remember that these hunters spent too in making the project successful, they burn data to be able to operate such system and we have so many countries like mine that the cost of data is quite expensive.

They are all just taking advantage of these anonymous nature of blockchain technology, can they ever try that in real life, and do they ever think that any hunter will take such stressful job without any form of agreement signed by both parties? I would not really blame bounty managers, because the same way we follow instructions being given to us is the same way those mangers too follows instruction, and not all managers are directly linked to the project.The developers are the real issue here.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 06:33:20 AM

Most times these changes come rote project owners especially in allocation. I don't see why a manager should change rules at the end knowing well enough that it's affecting his reputation most times those changes can't be helped by them as well.
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 06:35:24 AM

Lately more and more bounties are not following its own rules. By changing it after the campaign was finish and its unacceptable a form of abuse, decietful, dishonest, in the beggining the stupid terms and condition which is all favor to the team. It should be stop! the bounties must be return to its previous state like 2016-2017 those abusive Bounty Managers whos practice unfair method must gain negative trust. join for the fight
did you even read bounty rules before joining them? Many bounty rules always state that the have the right to make changes.  So if you didn't see the rules, don't go about making unnecessary noise. If they changed the rules,  then don't complain

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:56:52 AM

Nowadays its quite common to see the project changing their rules whenever the campaign is near to an end. Sometimes they are extending it or suddenly requiring the participants to comply in kyc.

Its really disappointing but we have no choice but to abide to their new rules to get the rewards that we deserve.

Many bounty rules always state that the have the right to make changes.
Well you're right, its possible for them to change the rules thus if you understand what this means you wont be surprise if changes has been made.

jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 11:15:28 AM

The rules changed in the end of the bounty to deprive the rights of bounty hunters as many bounty hunters not able to do their KYC in stipulated time. It is not a correct decision as bounty hunters have no option other then follow those sudden changed rules or leave their work without a payment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 12:03:15 PM

One of such that dislike so much is extending bounty campaign without any form of recompense and bounties that eventually decide to introduce KYC at the same he middle or end of campaign

Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 12:09:36 PM

This might continue to happen, inasmuch as there is no rule or authority that is binding on them.
Well, not all managers engage in such act and i prefer to work with such people than working with bounty managers that cannot be trusted. Some of the managers already have their names tainted.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 02:07:57 PM

yes, this is was an issue we must to fight. breaking their own rule at the end of campaign with the reason "BM has a right to change the rule anytime". an another annoying thing are locked the spreadsheet forever and cutting the participant reward at the end. if you do complaint, you will be blocked with the BM.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Numien

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:15:39 PM

Yeah, I agree with that.

In terms of my experience, I am a member of this bounty now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156163

JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 06:30:33 PM

I dont respect such projects because it is manipulation, they do it because a lot of people will lose their rewards, it is profitable
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 08:00:14 PM

I dont respect such projects because it is manipulation, they do it because a lot of people will lose their rewards, it is profitable
In any case, any company that abuses its capabilities does not inspire confidence in itself.  If abuse has already occurred, then no respect can be considered.  But what can a project participant do if he has invested enough of his work to achieve the goal, and as a result, he is told that the conditions have been changed, and accordingly all his work is in vain?  One way or another, this is bad for reputation.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 11:28:19 PM

It really often happen when I participate in some bounty campaigns. As a result, I didn't get any reward because missing the new rule and regulation. It was my fault, but sometimes, they made changes in several times and I didn't get the update. That is why it becomes the lesson for me to always stay updated.
Personally, it is not fair for us as a bounty hunter when the changing at the end of the bounty campaign, including the time of bounty end, KYC process, or even other changing.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 11:52:07 PM

This is truly an agreed topic and far way more than the word abuse, how can you change bounty rules days to completion of a bounty campaign after a bounty hunter has spent months promoting your project, its really bad on behalf of project and bounty managers.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 12:44:01 AM

Most bounties who do that aim to avoid scammers and many do it to find excuses in distribution. regarding violations or not depending on the project they are running, if they do it for the good of the project I don't think it is a problem, but if it is done for unclear reasons or even to be misused it is very bad and violates the rules.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 05:23:26 AM

I also have experienced that kind of bounties where rules are changed when the bounty is about to end. In the beginning of the bounty, it announces that KYC is not needed for that bounty. But when it is about to conclude, the bounty manager announced that KYC is needed for all participants. Changing rules often caught the participants by surprise and that one of the reasons why some of them are dismayed or disappointed by the sudden changes of rules. Avoiding this kind of bounty is still possible by researching first  to find possible bounties and managers that always following the rules.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: