Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:58:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Risks Of Long-Term Hodling Alts  (Read 1419 times)
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:03:47 PM

When choosing altcoins to hold for long term be very sure they are with holding ,many teams are just using ideas until they reached the end road and abandon the project, the safer bets are top altcoins either top 20 to 100 and also remember that some altcoins will get to top10 someday ,we still have well made new projects coming up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:12:00 PM

There are good apps for that if you are using smartphone you can easily keep tabs on your altcoins so that you won't miss any news about future updates or swaps ,just because you are holding for long teem doesnt mean once you buy just lock up for long

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:12:26 PM

OP advice is indeed the fact that holding alt in long-term is no profit guarantee especially on newly launched alt. even though the project that was carried out was quite convincing but many investors preferred to sell after the market did not increase. invest in alt make sure to choose the top 10 cmc or investing to coins that trully work according to what they announce.
Peanyut991

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:30:42 PM

Your statement is true but I will tell you that all investments must have risks, whether investing in land, property, banks, all have risks. So, when you invest in altcoins you also have to be prepared with all the risks involved.

Ekyfitri

Activity: 664
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:31:18 PM

OP advice is indeed the fact that holding alt in long-term is no profit guarantee especially on newly launched alt. even though the project that was carried out was quite convincing but many investors preferred to sell after the market did not increase. invest in alt make sure to choose the top 10 cmc or investing to coins that trully work according to what they announce.
the long term should have an alternative percentage of profit or at what price we will sell our investment assets. when it has been reached one of these plans then we are worthy to sell. because the predictions made in the long run are high speculation. we will not know the results.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:42:59 PM

• You might end up holding dead coins if the project gets abandoned
  • You might miss swaps and end up holding worthless tokens
  • Delisting of coin/token and you miss the withdraw period (in case you store coins/tokens on exchanges)

Take time to follow news/updates on the coins/tokens you invested to minimize the above listed risks. Checking up their telegram/discord/social media once or twice a month will help.
people just want your money so they are going for the altcoins which are highly risky to invest, I lost my interest and the tokens after lost some money e by investing and few projects so now only keep an eye on the better cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ethereum and much more we have to focus and also gain profit from it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:47:11 PM

All these risks are for those people who hold a large number of coins in their portfolio. There are not many such people and I think they know about all these risks.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Prettygirl01315

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:54:03 PM

on holding your alts yes there's a lot of risks and we cant do nothing about it because it's normal. The situation will be put on 50 50 its can give you a lot of profit or it can lead to your loss. Be wise on doing this kind of things so that it will not happen
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 03:59:06 PM

• Delisting of coin/token and you miss the withdraw period (in case you store coins/tokens on exchanges)

Take time to follow news/updates on the coins/tokens you invested to minimize the above listed risks. Checking up their telegram/discord/social media once or twice a month will help.

The mentiond points are really good.
I would advise all,  along with newbies and old members to carefully follow these instructions.
I also agree to all points of the OP.
I would also like to add into the first point that, while you choose the right coin for holding, do some research and see the growth graph of it. Then only wisely invest in it. Else you will end up in losses.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2072
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 04:02:02 PM

There is always been risk and benefit in holding coins for long sometime we get profit very quickly in some days and sometime we miss the profit in long term holding because of greed. One should always check their coins updates every week and if you are holding top coins you might get good profit by holding them for long-term.

chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 04:27:13 PM

The worst thing is that you can simply pass the all time high price. Imagine people have bought BTC for 5k USD and did not sell them around 20k. During the whole 2018 BTC was slightly above 3000k and that was painful for such long term holders.
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 04:37:20 PM

Experience have shown that it less risky holding bitcoin than any other altcoin, at least there will be some level of certainty that the market will recover after sometime incase of a dump situation, but in the case of altcoins, there are a lot of them that are dead already and will never return

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 04:38:26 PM

The first two are much happening, the 2nd one has happened with me as well once although I didn't lose much, I have seen many people lose because of both of the reason. I think one should regularly check the official channel of his holding.
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 04:39:51 PM

The chances of one keeping in there wallet is on the increase with the rising project what I do is diversify but not to much. Also keep more of good coin rather than gathering a garden of Shit coins because of its low price
landoffaucets

Activity: 1204
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 04:53:03 PM

The only risk for investor is that he will lost the whole investment, no matter the reason why this could happen because there are so many possible things what could happen.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:00:39 PM

A lot of coins I have tried buying before were already in this stage. I can mention some like TAAS and ICN which I have even before the 2017 bullrun.  It already felt like its a scheme for scamming investors who are trying to hold for long term. If this will also happen to the EOS and TRON tokens, we got to follow them forever.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:05:44 PM

A lot of coins I have tried buying before were already in this stage. I can mention some like TAAS and ICN which I have even before the 2017 bullrun.  It already felt like its a scheme for scamming investors who are trying to hold for long term. If this will also happen to the EOS and TRON tokens, we got to follow them forever.
There's no assurance but it's up to the investors to follow the project and try to calm itself while the market from those coins are not been rising, you have to make your decision whether to wait or forget about the project and move on to another one, the market volatility always the factors where investors lose or gained from the market.
BryanK

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:14:47 PM

Simply be subscribed to the investment news channels. Google writes a lot about the cryptocurrency market and there are even professional analysts.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:20:55 PM

There's no assurance but it's up to the investors to follow the project and try to calm itself while the market from those coins are not been rising, you have to make your decision whether to wait or forget about the project and move on to another one, the market volatility always the factors where investors lose or gained from the market.

Those two are still doing great actually. I just need to swap the tokens I got. I regret not selling them during its ATH but if it does happen again, I will have to get it ready, their price is more than its ICO price though.

If you have been here from the beginning of their project and inquire to their thread for once, you will be able to follow them for their thread will always come up when updated. And that's why I knew these two coins are swapping to their updated ERC contract.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
didzi

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:23:24 PM

yes, agree with you
always up to dates about the last news from the coins on our bag is the best idea
maybe subscribe our email to the project is better if we don't have enough time to check their social media such as telegram, discord etc
so, we will not miss any big news from the project buddy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: