Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:54:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Risks Of Long-Term Hodling Alts  (Read 1425 times)
Mobcashmoney69

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 07:28:35 PM

Always a risk just less of a risk and you can notice if shots going to hit the fan anyway

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 09:04:29 PM

I can actually get the point your are trying to make, but all the risk you listed should not be something that will affect a wise and good holder. If you are holding then it is very important to keep track of all the coins you are holding and know about their latest update every week, so you don't miss out on swap or get affected by delisting.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 06:17:36 PM

The biggest risk and disadvantage is that you will miss out on potential btc and eth runs and with experience i have learnt that staying in btc and eth remains to be the best strategy for me in the crypto investment sphere.

Completely agree. I've modified my investment strategy to just holding BTC and ETH as well. Simple to follow with a lot of upside potential long term.

I do agree with this disposition in terms of crypto investments. If you are a type of person that can't follow thru all the coins that you are holding. Better convert it to btc or eth, if you have the chance of selling those other altcoins in the market. At least even if you forgot to check on a specific coin, you already have your btc or eth in your holdings.

By the way, the OP already summarized what would happen with your altcoins if you will hold them in long-term basis. And for me, those scenarios turned to be true to more than half of the altcoins ever existed.
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 07:35:41 PM

Damn.. I'm disappointed to myself didn't know for this reasons on 1 or 2 years ago. All of this thing (Except for point 3) already happened to me and maybe I loss few hundred of bucks because of it
For point 1 , yes I still hold some on my ERC20 wallet because didn't has much ETH as gas for moving all of it.
For point 2 , I'm not just hold 5 or 6 ERC20 on my wallet but so much ERC20 tokens on my wallet , around 200+ and yeah , I'm already miss some my ERC20 swap and now that tokens is useless on my wallet.
For point 3 , It didn't happend because I must know where exchanges for each tokens on my wallet and I create notes of it.

You have too many altcoin so you can't easily focus on your projects. I see now which projects you see can be sold, sell off and invest in the necessary projects
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 06:05:08 AM

I have a few tips for longterm:

First tip - BTC is not going back to 3k this year

second tip - buy in increments when it dips hard. BTC still has a long way to go before it reaches its peak this year.

third tip - Do your OWN research. Don't rely on others.

4th tip - Join some FB groups in order to find out more about crypto and what coins are hot right now.

5th tip - look at Medium articles (like mine at cryptoaccountbuilders) and learn.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Peterdav

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:35:20 AM

• You might miss swaps and end up holding worthless tokens

Take time to follow news/updates on the coins/tokens you invested to minimize the above listed risks. Checking up their telegram/discord/social media once or twice a month will help.
This poin remind me of the altcoins that i hold and I missed once to swap.
Its improtan to follow and join the telegram group to get update the news of the alts project that you invested. 
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 07:19:08 AM

• You might end up holding dead coins if the project gets abandoned
  • Delisting of coin/token and you miss the withdraw period (in case you store coins/tokens on exchanges)

Take time to follow news/updates on the coins/tokens you invested to minimize the above listed risks. Checking up their telegram/discord/social media once or twice a month will help.
Holding some coins especially those new coins that did not have any viable products and services is one of the investment decisions you can make and regret. I have over 100 different altcoins that i have been holding since may and July 2017. I did not sell them during 2017 altcoins boom but keep holding them with the mind that in no time all of them will appreciate and i will become a million but since the middle of last year all of them keep going down  and the majority has been abandon! There is no viable developments and some of the developers are now on another project entirely. It is not actually advisable to keep holding altcoins especially when you know there are dying.
Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 09:02:41 AM

• You might end up holding dead coins if the project gets abandoned
  • Delisting of coin/token and you miss the withdraw period (in case you store coins/tokens on exchanges)

That's right. It is necessary to follow up your investments and not leave it to chance. One might be verily dissapointed if after several months of expecting your investments to have yielded bountifully, you eventually find out that the coin has been delisted or it is even worthless

Checking up on your coin status is very important to avoid disappointment.  Besides,  it will help you make certain reasonable decisions to salvage the situation the moment you realise something is wrong so that your losses can be limited

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 10:35:36 AM

There is no risks to holding coins for long term if you know what you are doing.
1)pick futuristic projects with real life products only
2)dumping good coins will always lead to regrets later on
3)always keep tracks on all your coins you holding
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: