Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:01:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange asking to Login thru Facebook  (Read 6882 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 08:54:06 AM

Why would anyone ever want to use Facebook as a wallet and then as an Internet bank,,, this I can never understand. It is tough enough to trust your country's government to take care of your money, and now we are talking about trusting some American corporation?

So on that logic, an exchange asking users to use FB to sign up? I would stay far, far away!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blu.storm

Activity: 320
Merit: 17

free space pm if interessed

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 07:50:10 AM

By next year we shall see the result of the Libra development and if its going to be a successful launch, do you think one day we shall see a facebook login button on exchanges like binance? Would you login to it?  Grin  I have seen this on websites like medium.com. Worse is taht not only binance but also kraken and bittrex  Grin
i hope that such a thing never happens,i would never do that, care too much about my privacy,kraken,bittrex and poloniex already require kyc to use them,binance is remained the only lighthouse of freedom

free space pm if interessed
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 07:54:06 AM

Exchanges will be more vulnerable to attacks form hacker if they allow login to users account through any social media like facebook,twitter or reddit
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 08:06:39 AM

I don't think they will. Our facebook does not provide enough information to solve the problems that occur.
Besides, Facebook and Libra are being subjected to harsh hearings and soon they must accept a series of parliamentary conditions to be able to release libra coins.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 09:04:07 AM

I never encounter exchange so far that asking to log in thru Facebook, But if there is for real its not good anyway.
The decentralization will get affect by it, and I know most of the members here will not agree on this matter.
And as far as I now social media like Facebook is much prone to hackers honestly speaking.
HELLOFF

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 11:55:43 AM

I think this is where corporate interest lies when companies come together around some kind of resource or some kind of data.  I have a negative attitude to this, because Facebook is a social network, and a trading exchange is a resource with which my money is connected.  I would not want to link these two resources.
drumamat

Activity: 1193

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 12:03:20 PM

By next year we shall see the result of the Libra development and if its going to be a successful launch, do you think one day we shall see a facebook login button on exchanges like binance? Would you login to it?  Grin  I have seen this on websites like medium.com. Worse is taht not only binance but also kraken and bittrex  Grin

There's a possibility that it could happen, but we can opt not to do this every website that has Facebook integration can have other ways to sign up and log in, they just want to make it for first time user to sign up and log in, but if this happens I will never use that option.
I won’t use this option in the same way. As convenient as it is, but if this function can directly or indirectly affect the loss of my coins, then I do not need this option.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 05:39:19 PM

If you login with your Facebook account and pass KYC, you will give them all informations about you. It is not something what we should be afraid about?

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 05:46:52 PM

I don't have the mind signing up an exchange with my social media account for the fear of being hacked. May be I can get the courage to use my social media account to sign up with my social media when Libra is launched.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 05:59:58 PM

By next year we shall see the result of the Libra development and if its going to be a successful launch, do you think one day we shall see a facebook login button on exchanges like binance? Would you login to it?  Grin  I have seen this on websites like medium.com. Worse is taht not only binance but also kraken and bittrex  Grin

It will be the dumbest move if big exchanges allowing logins through social media accounts like facebook or twitter,one of the major problem still affecting crypto is HACKS,if logins through facebook is allowed there will be more massive hacks, hackers are still hijacking facebook accounts and it will be very easy for them to steal users funds on exchanges
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 06:10:15 PM

I have already seen this option in an exchange, i do not precisely remember at which exchange i saw this option but i think it was relatively new and small exchange may be it was bitmart or probit but personally i do not like to login at my financial platforms with my social accounts it just does not seem comfortable to me as i like to keep social media accounts separate from my trading accounts.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 06:11:27 PM

I don't have the mind signing up an exchange with my social media account for the fear of being hacked. May be I can get the courage to use my social media account to sign up with my social media when Libra is launched.

Or to make it easier for the tax authority in your jurisdiction to track your use of funds. Compare your data and ask a question about their (funds/crypto/money) origin. Do not forget about the AML. A "fun" life can come...

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 07:18:26 PM

If that feature is added of course it won't be mandatory and there will be alternatives like prominent email. As for me, I can't login or create account with any exchange using my social media accounts, I don't see it as a wise move instead we will continue releasing our personal and financial data the more.

bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 02:46:03 PM

Anyway, it's better than no action. Just think how much publicity it'll bring, more people will know about crypto because of facebook's participation!
Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 07:50:08 PM

I think if a login is exchanged using Facebook, this is very bad, and obviously bad. If something happens with our exchange account, do we question the exchange about the problem we are experiencing, or we will ask the Facebook owner. Because this is one thing with two different databases.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
carriebee

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 09:21:14 PM

Maybe someday it will happen but I think much better to be careful if we use our Facebook to log in in every exchange. It's better to use other email for safety because Facebook it's our personal data so if we use it exchange to log in I think it's not good and not safe. We can't avoid this to happen but it's our decision the safety of our private information.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 01:31:20 PM

By next year we shall see the result of the Libra development and if its going to be a successful launch, do you think one day we shall see a facebook login button on exchanges like binance? Would you login to it?  Grin  I have seen this on websites like medium.com. Worse is taht not only binance but also kraken and bittrex  Grin

I think if a login is exchanged using Facebook, this is very bad, and obviously bad. If something happens with our exchange account, do we question the exchange about the problem we are experiencing, or we will ask the Facebook owner. Because this is one thing with two different databases.
if there are option like that, then i will decide to register with email instead of linking my personal facebook since we do not know how secure our information with that . And there is much secure to use email registering since its much safer  facebook account is prone in hacking.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 05:27:15 PM

With the so many hacking attempts going on, I never use Facebook and will never use it to log in to my exchange account, I always use 2fa and phone verification to secure my account and you cannot do that if you are not using authentication in your login.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 06:47:42 PM

With the so many hacking attempts going on, I never use Facebook and will never use it to log in to my exchange account, I always use 2fa and phone verification to secure my account and you cannot do that if you are not using authentication in your login.

if your fb is 2fa enabled , itll work the same as manual login  . before you login on fb and on the exchange , itll still ask for a code so the chance of hacking is small compare to fb accounts that dont use 2fa's  .

social media logins are useful as email logins because this gives us a short cut for an easier access on the site  . i didnt know that exchanges have started to implement that idea , i thought this is only possible on regular websites   .
mintme.com
Copper Member

Activity: 837
Merit: 18

Create your coin for FREE ★mintme.com★

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 05:24:28 PM

If this would be allowed it will be a nail in the coffin of crypto

▪◾◼?        MINTME.COM       ?◼◾▪  
  Create your own coin for FREE [ Sign Up ] [ Trading ] [ News ] ? Monetize Yourself! 
 [ Twitter ] ◉ [ Reddit ] ◉ [ Discord ] ◉ [ Telegram ] ◉ [ Telegram ] ◉ [ Facebook ] 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: