Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy one-click to buy with bitcoins solutions?  (Read 836 times)
fork (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:56:23 PM

In order to make using bitcoins easy and user friendly there obviously needs to be something like one-click purchasing (just like buying with google checkout doesn't require 50 million clicks).

Since bitcoins are typically stored on the user's harddrive and the browser doesn't have access to the harddrive this presents a problem.

Is there something like a chrome extension that manages the user's bitcoin wallet and makes it so that the seller can integrate a special button on their website that the extension understands. A click on that special button executes the code of the chrome extension to send bitcoins since obviously this can't be done through javascript given security issues.

If someone can show me this working as simple as google checkout I would love to see it. Right now using bitcoins is just too damn involved. There needs to be a simple interface.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2011, 12:45:49 AM

In order to make using bitcoins easy and user friendly there obviously needs to be something like one-click purchasing (just like buying with google checkout doesn't require 50 million clicks).

Since bitcoins are typically stored on the user's harddrive and the browser doesn't have access to the harddrive this presents a problem.

Is there something like a chrome extension that manages the user's bitcoin wallet and makes it so that the seller can integrate a special button on their website that the extension understands. A click on that special button executes the code of the chrome extension to send bitcoins since obviously this can't be done through javascript given security issues.

If someone can show me this working as simple as google checkout I would love to see it. Right now using bitcoins is just too damn involved. There needs to be a simple interface.

woot, great idea, a browser plug-in that communicates with a bitcoin process whenever a payment button is clicked.
0.01 micro payments or donations for news, blogs or buying stuff made easy   Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: