Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:21:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Either hardware or software wallets,keeping your private key safe is what matter  (Read 137 times)
Fluxtorrence9 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:23:16 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2019, 05:24:09 PM by Fluxtorrence9
Merited by Callanta787 (3), Greatchu (1)

Either you are been confused by your friends to buy or download the following
1)Hardware wallets e g ledger nano or trezor
2)Mobile wallets e.g coinomi or trust
3)Offline wallets aka paperwallets

It doesnt really matter, why? They all use private keys or backup phrase

So what matters the most? How to keep your private keys and backup phrase safe .

How? You have to figure that out ,the ball is in your court

Quick Notice: keeping your private keys safe should be your highest priority and dont do the following

1)safe private keys in emails
2)Google drive? Don't even think about it

We all know how easily it is to get emails hacked this days ,its very dangerous, I know many are doing this so dont even think your keys are safe ,have you ever use your email to signup on a website and after a week you get a notification that you've just login from Japan or Malaysia while youve never been their? Lol it happens to me twice.
florac9

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:20:50 AM

Its same thing I'm trying to some friends understand ,just because you are using hardware wallets doesnt mean you are safe from hackers since you still have to safe keep your private keys ,somehow if your private keys get leaked out you kiss your coins goodbye

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:01:59 PM

Its same thing I'm trying to some friends understand ,just because you are using hardware wallets doesnt mean you are safe from hackers since you still have to safe keep your private keys ,somehow if your private keys get leaked out you kiss your coins goodbye

No, here you are wrong! For a hardware wallet, the loss of a private key is not so terrible. Because, to perform any action, you need not only a private key but also the device itself (hardware wallet).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: