Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty alone is not enough  (Read 10873 times)
pelumi20 (OP)

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:04:17 PM
Merited by motun01 (3), olabiyijummy02 (2), Ferris419 (1), Fluxtorrence9 (1)

I think it's high time projects know that they cannot rely solely on bounty and airdrop as a means of promotion. A lot of projects launch and they rely on their bounty campaigns and airdrop to help bring in investors and therefore fail to reach their softcap.

I never said bounties are not effective but it should only be used to create and reward their community not to bring in investors. If a project wants to promote it crowdsale then the team should deploy real promotional means like paying top influencers, attending conferences, advertisements on top sites like coinmarketcap, etc. Because no matter how good the project is, if it can't market properly then it won't reach its goals and if a project is mediocre but have a top notch marketing program, it will succeed beyond expectations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:26:17 PM

Bounties are used because it's free advertisement - they create money (tokens) out of thin air, then use them to hire promoters, while those things that you've mentioned - influencers, conferences, ads on top sites, etc. - they all require real monetary investment, which projects either can't afford or don't want to, usually because they are just scams. But even having expert marketing team is not a guarantee that a project is not a scam.

Because no matter how good the project is, if it can't market properly then it won't reach its goals and if a project is mediocre but have a top notch marketing program, it will succeed beyond expectations.

Are you measuring success in investment returns? Because that is unreliable, even the scammiest and shittiest coins can get pumped, but in the long run people will lose all their money if they hold them.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:35:40 PM

It is pretty ridiculous that some projects rely soley on bounty campaigns as their ways to promoting to investors.

It is time projects start offering  their investors more for their money by changing their promotion strategy.

The IEO strategy seems to be the best at the moment as long as a reputable exchange can be secured

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 03:37:53 PM

I think it's high time projects know that they cannot rely solely on bounty and airdrop as a means of promotion. A lot of projects launch and they rely on their bounty campaigns and airdrop to help bring in investors and therefore fail to reach their softcap.

I never said bounties are not effective but it should only be used to create and reward their community not to bring in investors. If a project wants to promote it crowdsale then the team should deploy real promotional means like paying top influencers, attending conferences, advertisements on top sites like coinmarketcap, etc. Because no matter how good the project is, if it can't market properly then it won't reach its goals and if a project is mediocre but have a top notch marketing program, it will succeed beyond expectations.

The greatest thing for the project is concept and implementation. They should make their probable investors sure about the team's dedicated involvement in the project and the feasibility of the project, it's profitability and how the tokens holder would be rewarded for their contribution.
Presentation and advertisement would always be second thing. But while advertising, they should make it more community based than spending large on banners and ads. As, community would be the best way to spread good things and reach to the desired investors.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:54:16 PM

Although that Op has an angle but I also think that project owners are limited in areas that they can do real advertisements. For example, we keep hearing of news about social media like Facebook, google and others forbidding things relating to cryptocurrency (whether it has changed, false or not but we read them on this forum from time to time).

I think the advertising space is the real issue and that's why adverts can trive more in crypto related platforms until crypto is better recognized.
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:01:21 PM

I do not agree with you and think you are missing the point bounty is a very good means of promoting any project we have signature bounty that target people in the crypto world and there is blog, social media even YouTube I think it's very OK and top cryptocurrency did it an reaped the reward
lizarder

Activity: 1554
Merit: 877

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:13:10 PM

For that problem, most projects are not brave enough to spend their money to use promoters such as influencers or service providers because I myself also see some platforms that advertise their project as Google ads, it still fails, I don't want to call it, but what I saw this year there are some and funny there are projects that don't need to do such things for promotion, and not holding airdrop / bounty can still be successful

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:15:26 PM

I have not seen a project that relied only on bounty and airdrops to market. Can you name one? And do you have proof?

team should deploy real promotional means like paying top influencers, attending conferences, advertisements on top sites like coinmarketcap, etc.  
What made you think they do not know all these things? I understand that hunters like you have all these ideas in your head and love to talk but do not underestimate the capacity of the team. They have their own marketing team for a reason.

cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:18:24 PM

Airdrop and Bounty is still an effective way to promote, this range is also not inferior to advertising on Google or other and also with this cost is also very low even this is a strategy that is very profitable for the project.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:22:09 PM

Bounties were the one that has been getting followed by every projects for their promotional purpose. There were more forms of campaigns being run by the teams, but the success always depends on the project value in terms of product backing, real time usage and various other factors. As Op mentioned advertisements through coinmarketcap and other websites will be effective and these days there were more projects doing the same.
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:28:45 PM

Yes, all these promotions help investors get more information about the project. Because good hunters choose quality projects and publish good work on the project. They can analyze all the information. And if the project does not say it means he is dead.
Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:36:07 PM

A lot of serious projects do not depend only on bounties and Airdrops for promotion but it is one of the good ways to get the community acquainted first, the real huge investors may not be found on those social media, the project developers go out to meet them through symposiums and technical sessions, but the quickest way to grow a large community is through bounties and Airdrop because the crypto market is largely community based and they determine the value and not what it is tagged by the developer.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:46:16 PM

the fact is that very few projects can pay to some kind of influential people for advertising or even do some kind of strong marketing at the early stage

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
mulia sabee

Activity: 910
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:55:58 PM

according to my observation, from the beginning until now I joined the cryptocurency and also active as a bounty hunter, I see every project launched has a CEO Team and has several Advisors to help develop projects and Advisors who will bring investors to invest in projects that they support from the collaboration between the CEO and Advisor teams ... and in my opinion the failure of a project is not based on the greatness and expertise of the promotion ... but many investors are looking at the product and business being worked on and which will be done from now until later in future..

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:59:58 PM

Absolutely but not all the projects have enough funds to promote their project eerywhere,they might create pre sale before the public sale but eerything needs investment to promote or just like you said the bounty will be the preferred choice.
ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:12:12 PM

Most often projects run bounty company due to the fact that they do not have enough money and they need help. What about famous individuals can be a speech?
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:17:33 PM

YES, bounty and airdrop is a good thing to do for advertisement and make the project popular but yes that is not enough.
Conferences are still one of the best to gather real people to be an investors on the project.
IEO is the best to have now as they will be on a good exchange and that is a good advertisement than posting on top websites.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:26:52 PM

There were many projects already who were hype and pays real promotional means like what you said but only end up being scam and some got failed. Bounties are very cheap compared to the promotion that the project can get from it. Also, I don`t believe promotion is the only reason why the project fails.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:39:17 PM

Basically, Bounty companies assume the distribution of not only information but also the creation of high-quality content that will advertise a new project.  Of course, we can talk about the company's limited signatures on the bitcointalk forum, but the Bounty company provides not only this direction, but practically all existing social networks where potential investors can be found for a particular project.but the team still has to work on promoting its project, going through all sorts of conferences and meetings with potential investors, and not sit in the office and wait for the Bounty companies to do something, but in the end the Bounty hunters won't even pay for their work.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 06:19:24 PM

I am sure the projects know this without our advice, but I have met very few projects for which only one advertising way is a bounty campaign.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █