Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:20:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty alone is not enough  (Read 10873 times)
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 06:21:25 PM

For sure it is not enough, a good team should also work with big influencers and have a good marketing plan to not let the token price go down. Moreover, a trading competition on a regular basis is also a must already.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 06:23:44 PM

I agree with you somewhat but actually there are many factors that lead to failure to reach soft cap, most important factors include non-attractive project, low quality website, low or no practical use cases, hidden team members and copy paste whitepapers etc. Secondly bounty campaigns are not only to attract investors they are intended to send the message across and also building up a community of supporters of the project.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:41:45 PM

I think it's high time projects know that they cannot rely solely on bounty and airdrop as a means of promotion. A lot of projects launch and they rely on their bounty campaigns and airdrop to help bring in investors and therefore fail to reach their softcap.

I never said bounties are not effective but it should only be used to create and reward their community not to bring in investors. If a project wants to promote it crowdsale then the team should deploy real promotional means like paying top influencers, attending conferences, advertisements on top sites like coinmarketcap, etc. Because no matter how good the project is, if it can't market properly then it won't reach its goals and if a project is mediocre but have a top notch marketing program, it will succeed beyond expectations.
They use those bounty rewards to spread the coins among people so they also start using it. It is actually a very effective way to promote their project. First of all they are getting their promotions done through the bounty hunters and secondly, they can easily pay their bounty hunters using their own tokens which also helps the usage of the project.
Not sure what you mean by they are "used to bring in investors"? Do you mean that bounty hunters are "the" investors or they are helping to bring in investors. I don't see anything bad in both cases.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Averim

Activity: 515

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:53:48 PM

I think it's high time projects know that they cannot rely solely on bounty and airdrop as a means of promotion. A lot of projects launch and they rely on their bounty campaigns and airdrop to help bring in investors and therefore fail to reach their softcap.

I never said bounties are not effective but it should only be used to create and reward their community not to bring in investors. If a project wants to promote it crowdsale then the team should deploy real promotional means like paying top influencers, attending conferences, advertisements on top sites like coinmarketcap, etc. Because no matter how good the project is, if it can't market properly then it won't reach its goals and if a project is mediocre but have a top notch marketing program, it will succeed beyond expectations.
Very good point of view, but in the same time we talk about people with no money and many dreams, the only money available for them is after Crowdsale, so your theory is ok about 80%.
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:56:16 PM

now everything is not enough in crypto world, need to wait for growing TOP currencies and I guess bounty will be more profitable
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 07:58:09 PM

The world has a large number of ways to advertise themselves and bounty companies are one of the ways.  I think it is self-sufficient and it is well worth taking this way of advertising and for the user. This is a great way to earn money.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
romanij

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 08:14:16 PM

I think that bounty company created to the organizers were able to raise money for more effective advertising. But alas, most often money is spent irrationally and we see a weak weak coin that can not survive in the market.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:32:27 PM

I agree with you, majority of the private investors don't lurk around Bitcointalk, twitter, Facebook and co looking for ICOs to invest in. Getting the best result goes beyond bounty.
spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:35:46 PM

I don't think many projects rely solely on bounty it get all the promotion and advertising the project needs. Few projects rely does that and as a project manager, relying solely on bounty to call in investors is a poor marketing skill, you really need to organize conferences and seminars, advertise on top exchanges and marketing sites but relying on bounties alone is a failure in advance for the project if it does not have a strong financial backing.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Eddyc

Activity: 1012
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:40:09 PM

No doubt, but encouraging supporters is a very interesting marketing. Maybe this type of campaign is getting saturated and developers should come up with new ideas or do this type of campaign differently. Another interesting aspect that we must not forget is the style and type of project.

We should reflect on this.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:41:40 PM

Yes you are very right
Bounty alone is not enough for projects; they need to find a reliable exchange platform to launch their ieos and develop quick

Likewise, bounty is not enough for a bounty hunter
Bounty hunters need to learn to save up a ton of $ and practice trading
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:52:14 PM

They are not limited to bounty promoters, some project developers are also promoting their ICOs in cryptocurrency sites by making announcements and other cryptocurrency platforms. There are articles that are being published and videos made about the project in youtube and besides, most investors can also be found in cryptocurrency sites like bitcointalk and other related sites. The fact that they fail in reaching softcap and hardcap does not really mean they lack promotions, some of the investors do not just trust ICOs anymore.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:53:21 PM

IMO bounty or airdrop is a good form of marketing and its quite extraordinary, as for other things its needed indeed to hold meetings and also marketing in other media but that also does't enough to make investors believe more. Success in a development requires a competent team in a product not only that other factors must also be considered, think attracting investors is not an easy.

hamba laeh

Activity: 752
Merit: 100

EPsiloan

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 09:31:59 PM

in my opinion what you say is not in accordance with what I think ... because in my opinion all projects do not rely on bounty and airdrop to carry out promotions as a form of marketing ... because we can pay attention to the allocation of funds to campaign bounties and airdrops only 1-5 % ... means that only a small portion is given to bounty and airdrop participants ... then please re-learn which is the cause of a project failure ...

abake

Activity: 555

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 09:32:39 PM

Yea bounty isn't enough as things ain't as it use to be as hunters isn't getting paid as they are supposed so I will survive trading and mining to incorporate bounty and widen your expectation

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 09:36:16 PM

They need to carefully prepare for this, do everything at the right time, depending on the stage of the project, so as not to lose all the money, few people succeed.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:18:27 PM

I agree with you. Bounty Campaigns are just medium of information from the community to the investors. It is still the investors who will decide whether it is a good project or not. I am not saying that Bounty is useless but it is definitely a great help in spreading the good project to all. When an investor is interested about a certain project, it is easier for him to trace what existing projects to be invested in. That is what marketing is all about. It is more on awareness.
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:25:04 PM

I agree with you. Bounty Campaigns are just medium of information from the community to the investors. It is still the investors who will decide whether it is a good project or not. I am not saying that Bounty is useless but it is definitely a great help in spreading the good project to all. When an investor is interested about a certain project, it is easier for him to trace what existing projects to be invested in. That is what marketing is all about. It is more on awareness.
Very well said. Bounty campaigns is also a great way of bringing awareness to all investors and even non-investors to guide them which project will likely to be sucessful and which are not. You're right when you say the decision relies on the investors alone but having bounty campaigns will really make them more guided and will be easy for them to decide.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:29:01 PM

You are very right, bounties and airdrop are very useful in their own way despite the fact that even the team do not do well with their agreement when it comes to bounty, however as you rightly said these are not enough, the team should always come out with sellable ideas and not abstract things that are not achievable. Great and real ideas, competent team and promotions will help to achieve the desired goals.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:49:28 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2019, 12:27:57 AM by hirngespenst
Merited by Ferris419 (1)

I agree with you that bounty is not enough to bring the real investors. A lot of investors don't know about the bounties, many know as a spamming campaign! To be successful in crowdsale, a project must have a good media conference, attending on big events really help a lot, therefore big platform like CCN, Cointelegraphn, Nasdaq, Forbes really help a project to get success! Though Bounty also does better sometimes to bring investors on the board. I asked a project admin about it, he said at least 500 investors came to our project through the bounty campaign, we are grateful to them!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: