Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token Sale Evolution?  (Read 305 times)
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:13:42 AM

When a certain model goes out of favor, something new comes out. In the case of token sales, it started with ICOs then comes STOs. A few months later, some people are rushing to join the IEO craze. Just when I thought I've heard it all, two new models came out. Just today, I read about STEO (Security Token Exchange Offering) and OEO (Order Book Exchange Offering).

I appreciate the effort of these people to bring something new to the market but all these looks the same to me. Just a change in how it's being packaged.

What do you guys think will be next?
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 06:25:55 PM

So there is a new one on the block eh?

I just learned about STEO yesterday in one of the posts here and now I got to read about this OEO.
I don't really know what's going to be next. These people will always find ways to attract the attention of investors.
installer

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 06:40:45 PM

There are so much models of fundraising and you never know what is going to be next. Some projects do not want to hold an IEO, because the prices are too high and still doing a regular ICO, some projects even with a big success.
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 07:38:30 PM

They call it be different name but it seem the same thing as IEO.  Sooner we may call it Exchange Token Distribution and the first time who use the kind of term will make it look like they are the first to have done it but certainly its still what it is. People invest thru it. We'll soon lose track of this evolution and then facebook will have its own as well..

bluesnup

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:03:39 PM

Agree with everyone it's just the same with a different name but props to them for being actually trying to be different. I heard that if you contact SwitchDex.ag they can help with your IEO if anyone interested
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:49:38 AM

We'll soon lose track of this evolution and then facebook will have its own as well..
I believe that will happen also. We will see 100 different forms of token sale.
I can't imagine a facebook token sale launchpad but anything can happen in this unpredictable crypto market. 
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:18:21 AM

When a certain model goes out of favor, something new comes out. In the case of token sales, it started with ICOs then comes STOs. [...] IEO [...] STEO (Security Token Exchange Offering) [...] OEO (Order Book Exchange Offering) [...]

It's pretty clear to me. Next we will have an EIEIO.

Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O!
And on this farm he had a crypto startup, E-I-E-I-O!
With a FOMO-FOMO here and a FOMO-FOMO there,
Here a  FOMO, there a  FOMO,
Everywhere a  FOMO-FOMO,
Old MacDonald had a vision of a decentralised future, E-I-E-I-O!
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 08:00:02 AM

There are so much models of fundraising and you never know what is going to be next. Some projects do not want to hold an IEO, because the prices are too high and still doing a regular ICO, some projects even with a big success.

Since many scammers in 2018, after that came various kinds of fundraising. I know their purpose is only to attract investors' attention and provide a sense of security in their investments, but project developers must have the initial capital to list their projects in raising funds in exchange.

I myself do not have a problem with various fundraising activities, as long as investors and developers can provide their own benefits and do not violate the rules of their rights and obligations.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 08:11:02 AM

When a certain model goes out of favor, something new comes out. In the case of token sales, it started with ICOs then comes STOs. A few months later, some people are rushing to join the IEO craze. Just when I thought I've heard it all, two new models came out. Just today, I read about STEO (Security Token Exchange Offering) and OEO (Order Book Exchange Offering).

I appreciate the effort of these people to bring something new to the market but all these looks the same to me. Just a change in how it's being packaged.

Yes they are just different from the name, basically they sell tokens
Btw, the STEO that you read will be done at LAToken, I'm not sure of success because there are a lot of shitsales there

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
Airelves09

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 09:11:01 AM

Every exchange is trying to sell tokens. Many exchanges use different names to sell tokens. For example: IEO. IGO. IRO and so on.

mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:14:45 AM

Just like the human evolved and created all the things based on their needs and also need to comfort their lives by making it more easier and more profitable that is why token sale evolved but the core idea is same they are selling their tokens to us.
tranduong123
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 09:33:51 AM

In my opinion, the ICO and the IEO are basically the same, they are only slightly different in how to sell tokens. I see that only STO is different, but there is no clear regulation for STO.
Distinctin

Activity: 2814
Merit: 647

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:09:47 AM

I don't have any guess of the next thing that they will bring in the market, I'm just happy with all these development as what they doing is they want to improve the quality of crowd funding. All these improvement is give the investors the best protection and when they feel that, their confidence will go up and the interest on investing would also increase, which results to a better future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:15:36 AM

The exchange sale are evolving according to the choice of investors but not all of these terms are mutually exclusive.
For example STO is a type of ICO, it's not necessary that every STO be better than ICO. And every STO are also ICO unless they are hosted on exchange which makes them IEO.
And now the STO being hosted on exchange are given a name of STEO. Many of the ICO also claims to be STO to sound impressive but they have no direct way of providing dividends to the investors like real STOs.
DmitFomin

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

BTC $1 mln.

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:51:38 AM

All things in our life evolve or degrade, so the sphere of cryptocurrencies is not an exception and evolves in the same way, changes and this is a completely normal phenomenon. If a new kind of ICO brings benefits to investors, the community and the project, then I support this change. For example, with the advent of IEO, the cryptocurrency market has noticeably quickened, and the industry as a whole has benefited from this.

BTC $1 mln
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:56:53 AM

The exchange sale are evolving according to the choice of investors but not all of these terms are mutually exclusive.
For example STO is a type of ICO, it's not necessary that every STO be better than ICO. And every STO are also ICO unless they are hosted on exchange which makes them IEO.
And now the STO being hosted on exchange are given a name of STEO. Many of the ICO also claims to be STO to sound impressive but they have no direct way of providing dividends to the investors like real STOs.

To be honest they are just all the same. They all are issuing their tokens/cryptocurrencies. Whatever they do, they all just want money to fund their projects.
alt213

Activity: 537
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 11:00:59 AM

bring something new! Dont think so, Same thing with different names, they are inventing only new things to take money from investors  Grin, All strong coins are from 2014 and it funded from Dev money like Litecoin and Dash Cool
The altcoins Bear market is caused by ICO's bitcoin Ether rush then dump all btc eth token on market and leave investors broken for more than two years ....
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 11:19:07 AM

Yes, its so similar, but like IEO, its gave the token/coin instant access to the exchanger, and this is good for short term investor, and also STO, its more secure than ICO, but sometime its just a cover like you said, the only purpose is to get as much money as they can from investor to fund their project or just exit scam after that funding
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 01:08:11 PM

It's pretty clear to me. Next we will have an EIEIO.

Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O!
And on this farm he had a crypto startup, E-I-E-I-O!
With a FOMO-FOMO here and a FOMO-FOMO there,
Here a  FOMO, there a  FOMO,
Everywhere a  FOMO-FOMO,
Old MacDonald had a vision of a decentralised future, E-I-E-I-O!
That song keeps playing in my head  Grin

All things in our life evolve or degrade, so the sphere of cryptocurrencies is not an exception and evolves in the same way, changes and this is a completely normal phenomenon.
I'm not really sure if we would call it an evolution. It is just like how a company rebrands its product and just add some feature to make it more appealing.

bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 01:18:43 PM

They call it be different name but it seem the same thing as IEO.  Sooner we may call it Exchange Token Distribution and the first time who use the kind of term will make it look like they are the first to have done it but certainly its still what it is. People invest thru it. We'll soon lose track of this evolution and then facebook will have its own as well..
True. Its like the same soup naming it differently according to their own dialect. I think they just want to make it sound differently to make a different impact to new investors but people cannot be fooled, they will always put their money in what they believe to be profitable and reliable.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: