Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:43:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No Listing Fees Ever at itcoinBay.com - Buy|Sell with Bitcoin  (Read 351 times)
itcoinbay (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

This place is a mental leper colony!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 02:04:24 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2019, 02:27:28 PM by itcoinbay

Did we mention no listing fees ever?

One problem with a bitcoin auction is the would-be minutiae and the associated fees which would be fractions of a fraction. So we decided to simply eliminate that issue and our .01 BTC Seller fee allows us to do this. At the same time, this fee serves as the root of our internal escrow system and it also serves as our 'entrance exam.'

It should go without saying, but if one gives it some thought, both the escrow system and the 'entrance exam' are mandatory for a Bitcoin auction site--the 'entrance exam' by the way has proven too difficult for several would-be Sellers thus far. One potential Seller asked us "where do I pay?" Roll Eyes We take 2.9% for auctions that sell, but this may be negotiable for high-priced items.

"Since we at itcoinBay.com do not attach ourselves nor our members to fiat currencies, bank accounts or credit cards, we have developed a fee-based system for the purpose of accountability since bitcoin transactions are irreversible. It would be great to be able to just trust everyone, but until society evolves to that point, for the protection of all participants we will practice the Russian policy of 'trust but verify,' by charging a modest fee for participation. In the age of $1000 cell phones, $5+ coffee and Washington, D.C., we don’t feel at all apprehensive about this fee."

"At our site, no 3rd party payment or conversion systems, downloads, platform installs, special wallets, etc. are required. We use only Peer to Peer transactions as envisioned by Satoshi Nakamoto. After all, is this is not how Bitcoin was intended to be used?"

As a thank you to our Sellers, we offer a one in ten chance at winning the equivalent of the fee back, and possibly much more as our Grand Prize is a DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Quadcopter and 2nd Place is .1 BTC.

Additionally, a member can earn with our Referral Program: we pay .001 BTC for each new Seller one sends our way.

And remember--NO LISTING FEES EVER!

Let us be clear, no false profits are promised at itcoinBay.com. You are either with us, or you are with the banksters.

Gentlemen. You can't fiat in here. This is 'The Bitcoin Marketplace!'

Bitcointalk.org - the establishment in disguise.
itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 05:07:10 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2019, 06:42:17 PM by itcoinbay

Attention: We have two more FREE Seller Memberships to give away at itcoinBay.com. What do you receive for this? Everything mentioned in the original post. So yea that's right, you can earn a chance to win any of our prizes for absolutely NO COST to you, in addition to the other site privileges. It's really a pretty unbelievable offer that requires only for you to stumble across this post and take the time to actually read it.

Because of the numerous dead-end and unresponsive prospective Sellers we have encountered, we are going to ask that you pass our Bitcoin Litmus Test by purchasing a Seller membership here: https://itcoinbay.com/storefront/. This shows us that you know how to use Bitcoin and that you have some Bitcoin--both requirements for using the site. However, when you complete your purchase at our store simply list 'Litmus Test' as the Referrer and add your Bitcoin receive address as well and we will promptly return your .01 BTC. We will add a post if we have any takers to let you know how many free memberships remain.

Please register on the site before making your Seller purchase. Thanks!

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 06:59:43 PM

Does anybody read these posts attentively?

OFFER UPDATE: As a test to see if anybody actually reads our posts, we will give .01 BTC to the first to respond to our offer. You pay the .01 BTC and as soon as the transaction is confirmed, we will send you .02 BTC.

Remember, first register on our site https://itcoinbay.com/ and then click STORE and add a Seller membership to your cart and when you checkout simply add "Litmus Test" and your Bitcoin receive address in the Referrer space.

The first to respond wins, after that there is one more free Seller membership available.

We will post updates if and when the offers are taken.

On your mark, get set, GO! A reply to this post will reserve your place. But you must follow up with the prescribed action immediately.

As a thank you to us, feel free to give us some Merit if you get a free membership and especially if we pay you .01 BTC.

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 08:42:53 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2019, 10:06:16 PM by itcoinbay

Huh Damn, still no takers! Are we to the point that .01 BTC is too small of a reward for a few minute's time? Or is it a lack of trust? We will pay you! A bad rep is the last thing we want. Or has no one even read this to completion?

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:35:06 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2019, 08:37:13 PM by malevolent

How is your service different from 'bitcoin doublers'? You have no reputation and want someone to send money first.

And don't bump your topic more than once every 24 hours.

Signature space available for rent.
itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 11:53:57 PM

How is your service different from 'bitcoin doublers'? You have no reputation and want someone to send money first.

And don't bump your topic more than once every 24 hours.

YES SIR! Thanks for the bumping information. So many rules, so little time...

Okay not really sure what a bitcoin doubler is, but it sounds like some kind of gambling operation. Did you actually read the post(s)? If you did, you would understand that we are trying to promote a Bitcoin auction site. Yes we have no reputation and that is exactly what we are trying to establish. The reason we ask for someone to send bitcoin first is due to the fact (again if you had read the post you should understand this) that almost no one that has registered and or attempted to purchase a Seller membership on our site seems to know how to use Bitcoin or they have no Bitcoin. So as we say, it is an entrance exam or a litmus test of sorts. Imagine the predicament if we allow someone to simply post an auction or bid/buy an item and when it comes time to settle up--"duh how do you use bitcoin dude?" One new member actually asked us "where do I pay?"

We have been online since the summer of 2017 and haven't done a lot of promotion because it seems that so far people don't want to spend any Bitcoin, they just want to use it as an investment vehicle and or want instant riches as opposed to having to go to the trouble of signing up, listing an auction and then waiting for someone to purchase their item--what a HASSLE right?

This post is not about the giveaway so much as it is about trying to grow our membership and number of auctions and hopefully at some point our bidders. We have given away several free memberships as we are doing with this offer, we just decided that instead of simply a free membership now we would require the new member to take the first step of paying (the entrance exam theory) and for the first person that does this we will send them back double their payment and for the second we will in effect allow them to break even. To top it off, once we reach 100 Sellers we are giving away some really nice prizes as a thank you to the Sellers for paying the membership fee. We have no listing fees and charge only a 2.9% commission on auctions that sell. We also pay a .001 BTC Referral fee.

How to convince someone to send Bitcoin first? Maybe it's impossible. But this isn't a gambling site or a so-called bitcoin doubler, we are just honest people trying to provide an incentive for people to join our site and to help jump start it.

Also, it was as much as anything just to see if people would actually read the post(s). Attention deficit disorder may be more real than we imagined. Even you asking if we are a gambling site, well if you had read the post(s) you would know how stupid of a question that is. We are real people offering one person the chance at doubling their bitcoin just to take part in the site for free, and that also includes a 1 in 100 shot at winning a drone worth $1800 which is the Grand Prize in our giveaway or .1 BTC which is 2nd Place. 3rd Place is only .02 BTC and there are also 7 Consolation Prizes which are hardware wallets. So in all, a 1 in 10 chance to win something.

In one way we are happy that people are too stupid to take us up on this offer. We should promise some impossible wild and amazing profits and then we would have more members than we could handle probably.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 01:50:53 AM

I'll respond on the off chance that this is not a scam...

I see you have taken things personally. Yes, I have read your post. If it quacks like a duck, well, it's usually a duck Smiley There a too many scams, and that's why no one wants to send first to a nobody. If you're worried about people not knowing how to use Bitcoin, why not just ask them for an address you could send the 0.01 BTC to?

Charging money to use your website is also not the soundest of business decisions when you're not the first to the market.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 02:05:29 AM

I see you have taken things personally. Yes, I have read your post. If it quacks like a duck, well, it's usually a duck Smiley There a too many scams, and that's why no one wants to send first to a nobody. If you're worried about people not knowing how to use Bitcoin, why not just ask them for an address you could send the 0.01 BTC to?

Charging money to use your website is also not the soundest of business decisions when you're not the first to the market.
I concur with you on this, absolutely. Why would anyone give themselves up to chances in this crypto industry which is sadly riddled with scams. People should take calculated risk and not a blind one.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 02:31:08 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2019, 02:57:43 AM by itcoinbay

It's not a scam man, but how to convince people? It's a very long story to explain the rationale we have developed, but if you spend some time thinking on it you would probably come to the same conclusion, unless you resolved to use some sort of third party solution. Maybe that would be more palatable for people? But we really don't think it's about the fee anyway.

I didn't take it personally, just the lack of trust (due to the scammers) is very frustrating.

I don't know if you are interested in a membership, but to convince you that this isn't BS I'll make a deal with you, sign up and complete the Seller purchase but don't send the Bitcoin. Add your bitcointalk username as the Referrer and I'll send you the .02 BTC first and I'll take your word for it that you will then send us the .01 BTC. Should you screw us out of it we are out $200+/-, it's not the end of the world. This is the only way I know to get this off of dead center. And then would you please report that we did what we said we'd do? And if you want to send some Merit that would be appreciated as well.

If you do this, you are then automatically entered into our Contest/Drawing, you can list items or bid on items and you can send us new (paying) Sellers and we'll pay you .001 BTC per head.

FYI ~ I am going to include an excerpt from our site:

Buy|sell online with bitcoin for a modest fee.

Buying and selling online with bitcoin presents some challenges as bitcoin transactions are irreversible and anonymous. In order to alleviate the exposure to all sides of the transaction at itcoinBay.com, we have devised a system loosely based on the old Russian adage that says «дoвepять, нo пpoвepять», which translates to “trust, but verify.” Normally credit card or bank information would be required to participate in an online marketplace, but we will never ask for that kind of information at itcoinBay.com. So how do we overcome this exposure and “trust, but verify?” We alleviate potential problems with our trademark BITREF system. BITREF is an acronym for Blockchain Irreversible Transaction Risk Escrow Fund. How does it work?

To become an itcoinBay.com Seller, one makes a one-time BITREF payment of .01 BTC and after that there are NO annoying LISTING FEES and we take only a 2.9% commission on auctions that sell. Sellers have full privileges which include bidding/buying, earning with our Referral program and they are also automatically entered in our Contest. To become an itcoinBay.com Buyer (no selling privileges), one makes a one-time BITREF payment of .01 BTC, but this is refundable upon request. For a one-time buyer this is very easy as this amount can be deducted from the payment for an item. An itcoinBay.com Buyer may leave his or her BITREF deposit with us for as long or as short a timespan as is desired and they can become a Seller at any time should they wish to sell something with us simply by listing an item or service with us and their deposit would then no longer be refundable.

Our BITREF system accomplishes several very important objectives: it provides confirmation that the member is able to use bitcoin, while it also greatly reduces the risk of phantom bidders/buyers and or sellers. Without attaching ourselves and our members to the monetary-controls of the establishment, which obviously goes against the root principles of Bitcoin, this is the best system we could devise. While we here at itcoinBay.com believe in and practice the “Golden Rule” and hope for the same from our members, our BITREF system provides everyone in our marketplace with the ability to “trust, but verify.”

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 02:53:13 AM

Remember, this +.01 BTC offer is only to the first to take us up on it, after that is gone we have just one more free (+.01 BTC - .01 BTC = 0 BTC) Seller membership available.

Also you asked, why not just ask for an address and send the .01 BTC? So they do nothing and get money? Life doesn't work that way, you get paid for action, at least that's the way it works for most of us commoners. Someone takes the initiative to do what we ask, which doesn't take much time but does entail some trust/the gamble of whether or not we will fulfill our end of the bargain, and for that they get rewarded. Makes sense?

Try us and see, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The reason we started down this road is I was looking for a place to sell some stuff for bitcoin so as to accumulate some without having to spend fiat. I found no place. Later, after we had already started the site I found a few, Cryptopia had an exchange system ( I signed up and tried to sell something there and it was a joke) and OpenBazarr requires some sort of system install... We however are using Bitcoin as it was intended to be used. Another excerpt from our site: 

Now since we at itcoinBay.com do not attach ourselves nor our members to fiat currencies, bank accounts or credit cards, we have developed a fee-based system for the purpose of accountability. It would be great to be able to just trust everyone, but until society evolves to that point, for the protection of all participants we will practice the Russian policy of 'trust but verify,' by charging a modest fee for participation. In the age of $1000 cell phones, $5+ coffee and Washington, D.C., we don’t feel at all apprehensive about this fee.

At our site, no 3rd party payment or conversion systems, downloads, platform installs, special wallets, etc. are required. We use only Peer to Peer transactions as envisioned by Satoshi Nakamoto. After all, is this is not how Bitcoin was intended to be used?

I for one would never put my bitcoin in an exchange. Anyone that is willing to spend a little Bitcoin on an item probably has more than a small amount so we are asking for a pretty trivial amount as an escrow and as an offset we are giving away a chance at some very nice prizes and are doing away with the hassle and tediousness of listing fees. We have thought this out, we are just waiting for society to catch up with us.  Wink

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 02:56:14 AM

I concur with you on this, absolutely. Why would anyone give themselves up to chances in this crypto industry which is sadly riddled with scams. People should take calculated risk and not a blind one.

And you Mpamaegbu, if you beat malevolent to it we'll make you the same offer (see previous post). And if he beats you then we'll make you the second offer, we'll send you .01 BTC if you promise to send us the .01 BTC in return.

We are trying to build trust, how else can we do it?

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:06:40 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2019, 03:23:30 AM by malevolent

And you Mpamaegbu, if you beat malevolent to it we'll make you the same offer (see previous post). And if he beats you then we'll make you the second offer, we'll send you .01 BTC if you promise to send us the .01 BTC in return.

OK, done. My BTC address is in the order as the name. 0.02, 0.01 back to you.

edit: I see the tx, once it confirms, I'll send half of it back. Post here, or PM me the address where you'd like to receive the 0.01 BTC.

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 03:28:05 AM

edit: I see the tx, once it confirms, I'll send half of it back. Post here, or PM me the address where you'd like to receive the 0.01 BTC.

Unconfirmed as of yet. Did you not get an address and QR code when you clicked submit in our Store? We had an issue the other day but I thought it was straightened out, if you didn't get it then I have work to do. Here is the address you should have gotten: 179Qb7zjKw7qy26x6A46b1q32Gr7Vgerb

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:33:13 AM

Unconfirmed as of yet. Did you not get an address and QR code when you clicked submit in our Store? We had an issue the other day but I thought it was straightened out, if you didn't get it then I have work to do. Here is the address you should have gotten: 179Qb7zjKw7qy26x6A46b1q32Gr7Vgerb

Confirmed now, yes, I got it, but wanted to be sure 100%. Txid: 9dbd446d1d4792708b46986cc5b1e9aa2a34170007330ffa3aacfab0082d778e

Since I essentially got free money, I'll post something for sale, but you really have to put some work into visual parts of the website if you want to attract people. Some things really stand out, even if they're small, e.g. it's not 'BitCoin', but 'Bitcoin'.

josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:34:19 AM

But is this not considered trying to buy trust?
Surely OP could look legit and send the 0.01 btc but on the forum we have seen many "trust worthy" people turn out to be nothing more than scammers trying the long con.
Anyways, to stay on topic, I saw this post when OP first made it and since I do not have much credibility (yet), I did not want to jump the gun and say that this looked like a very cheap site set up by someone who is very good at selling things. Probably a sales person or an auctioneer.

And like I said, the site itself does not inspire any confidence. I've seen Romanian restaurants with better UI/UX.
itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 03:36:13 AM

I would like to thank you very much. I also go the .01 BTC already. Feels so good to trust someone doesn't it? Smiley

Although I got a red flag in my wallet saying the transaction from you to us may be at risk for a double spend? Hopefully it's just BS.

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 03:46:44 AM

Surely OP could look legit and send the 0.01 btc but on the forum we have seen many "trust worthy" people turn out to be nothing more than scammers trying the long con.
Anyways, to stay on topic, I saw this post when OP first made it and since I do not have much credibility (yet), I did not want to jump the gun and say that this looked like a very cheap site set up by someone who is very good at selling things. Probably a sales person or an auctioneer.

And like I said, the site itself does not inspire any confidence. I've seen Romanian restaurants with better UI/UX.

Good grief people can find fault in anything that you do...

Cпacибo зa кoмплимeнт, a пoкaзaть нaм cвoй caйт xoчeшь?

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:53:33 AM

Caveat et venditor emptor. Some of the most trustworthy people have become scammers.

Most scammers wouldn't bother sending anyone any money, so at least there's that. The biggest risk I think is someone spends money on an account and doesn't get their money's worth if the site doesn't get enough relevant traffic.

Although I got a red flag in my wallet saying the transaction from you to us may be at risk for a double spend? Hopefully it's just BS.

It's an RBF transaction which (to keep things simple) means it would be easier to double spend if I wanted to, it's set by default in many wallets. Wait until it confirms, most likely within the next block or two since there isn't much traffic now.

edit: tx confirmed

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 04:12:14 AM

Caveat et venditor emptor. Some of the most trustworthy people have become scammers.

Most scammers wouldn't bother sending anyone any money, so at least there's that. The biggest risk I think is someone spends money on an account and doesn't get their money's worth if the site doesn't get enough relevant traffic.

It's an RBF transaction which (to keep things simple) means it would be easier to double spend if I wanted to, it's set by default in many wallets. Wait until it confirms, most likely within the next block or two since there isn't much traffic now.

I'm not worried... It just got a confirmation by the way.

Yes well the dilemmas are Sellers>Auctions>Buyers as well as traffic. Do we want traffic first? Driving a lot of traffic to a site that has not much action seems to be a bad plan. How did EBAY start? I had hoped friends and family would help to create a base from which to build but that didn't happen so we are taking a grassroots approach to creating a base from which to start and then plan to drive more traffic to the site as well as make the site more shiny and sparkly for people such as josephdd1, and everyone for that matter. Cryptopia was a really nice looking site but it wasn't very functional and you had to place your bitcoin in their exchange if I understood correctly. On top of that, they are no more.

And back to his kind assertion that we are in it for the long scam. What long scam? Once someone becomes a Seller, they then hopefully sell something and at that time we take 2.9%, there is no long scam potential really and why the !@#$ would we do that? Do you think that there is nothing whatsoever legitimate anymore?

Again if we were asking people to send us their life savings to get started that would be one thing, but for Pete's sake it's the equivalent of a little over $100 at the moment. We even hate referring to fiat at all, but it's pretty much still unavoidable but we hope to help to try to change that. Not that long ago it was akin to $30 and we didn't adjust anything. Back in 2017 we tried to change the price and our Contest Offer accordingly but realized it is just better to let Bitcoin take its ups and downs and keep our numbers stable.

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 04:17:09 AM

Oh by the way malevolent, if you want to share some Merit...  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: