Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware of shlling  (Read 7792 times)
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:08:43 AM

We should see through all these motives why these people are promoting the coin.  We must weigh the facts and the speculations of these people.  There are new coins that is worth investing though they are weak on the promotional side that is why some community move in to promote the coins.  Though there is a possible hiddend agenda towards that promotion, where other called it  shilling, but if the project is potential then why not invest to it.

The agenda for shilling coins is very clear. There are no other motives but to expose a coin or a project.

Shilling isn't that bad as others are portraying here. Even good projects needed some shilling at some point so that it won't be buried in this highly competitive crypto market.
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:11:16 AM

just like anything people should always do their own due diligence and look deeper than just social media about a project 
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:57:43 AM

90% of the posts in altcoin boards are shilling some coin one way or another. it is not just the one coin you saw. in most cases people buy some altcoin then that coin gets dumped and they lose money so they start a mission to get everyone else to buy that coin so that they could dump it and get their money out.
Are you sure about this? Cos I wonder how many people can be drive to buy a coin just because someone said its good ,what significant effect can this bring into the coin's life? It takes thousands of dollars to make a coin surge in value

People nowadays are wise at choosing which altcoin should they invest in and not because they've heard it from someone that the coin is good. There are so many things we have to consider before choosing which right altcoins should we invest in not because they are shilling it.

-The market cap
-The objective of the project
-The team behind
-The product itself

And many more. DYOR is significant in selecting altcoins before buying. There are reasons why shilling coins are being exposed now, they are getting money from doing it. Don't fall for that kind of trap. The important is that you should comply with the most reputable and most profitable coin.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 01:06:53 PM

actually "shilling" for a shitcoin can be an excellent signal when you are a trader!

as a rule of thumb whenever you see a lot of talk about an altcoin from a ton of newbies all over the forum advertising it and shilling for it, that can be a very good indicator that it is time to dump that altcoin and get out of it right away.
so far, i have never seen newbies passionately advertise an altcoin that would rise after their shilling! they all are either getting dumped or will be dumped soon after.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 01:10:18 PM

I do not mind really good advertisements, like some coins do actually spend thousands on marketing budget and they make great designs and logos and infographics etc etc and they actually show you how much they are into their own coins so their shilling is actually not shilling but becomes like marketing so I kind of like them, it really shows that they are willing to work hard for their coin and they are actually doing it, which means they will definitely be worth a look.

However, there ones like that open a topic with "will x coin be the next btc" and write a line and leave, I hate those people not because they did low effort job but they literally take your time, I know my time is not that precious since I am not like a very important person or a doctor on surgery but in the end I just spent like 20 seconds on something so useless that I get disappointed.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pffrt (OP)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 02:13:24 PM

I do not mind really good advertisements, like some coins do actually spend thousands on marketing budget and they make great designs and logos and infographics etc etc and they actually show you how much they are into their own coins so their shilling is actually not shilling but becomes like marketing so I kind of like them, it really shows that they are willing to work hard for their coin and they are actually doing it, which means they will definitely be worth a look.

However, there ones like that open a topic with "will x coin be the next btc" and write a line and leave, I hate those people not because they did low effort job but they literally take your time, I know my time is not that precious since I am not like a very important person or a doctor on surgery but in the end I just spent like 20 seconds on something so useless that I get disappointed.
Marketing and shilling are two different terms. In the forum, we have the available option for marketing, using forum ads as well as using the signature space. They both are effective but if you hire people for shit talking about your coins or someone shill on a coin for self-benefit, that doesn't sound great.
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 03:10:16 PM

People are shilling some stupid coin around, they are saying this coin is good, bla bla bla. Don't invest just because people saying it is good or don't get into a coin just because it was hyped recently. Better do your own research with all information and only then decide what to do.

i think many people have already learned their lesson the hard way last year. We all know that shitcoins that only goes up because of shilling can really be dumped in a matter of seconds so it is really a gamble. But i do not say that people can't earn money from it. If you know what u are doing, u basically can nail it.

wywoc

Activity: 335
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 03:19:21 PM

People are shilling some stupid coin around, they are saying this coin is good, bla bla bla. Don't invest just because people saying it is good or don't get into a coin just because it was hyped recently. Better do your own research with all information and only then decide what to do.
I agree with you, but I think the essence of this crypto market is FOMO, or as you say it is shilling. A lot of people invest according to the information that is hyped from multiple sources. As a result, many buyers and token prices increase.
So FOMO is also a factor we should evaluate when investing in a project.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 04:41:45 PM

It's part of the strategy to shill the coins you are supporting and it's the obligation of every reader to check if the coin really live up to it's promised as what has been said on the coin, but some coins are worth shilling because of their potential and to those who will do this better check the coin if it really deserves to get a shill

FlyingDrozd

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:35:22 PM

Are you talking about absolutely every coin? Because that’s exactly what all of them do. 
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 07:18:37 PM

We should see through all these motives why these people are promoting the coin.  We must weigh the facts and the speculations of these people.  There are new coins that is worth investing though they are weak on the promotional side that is why some community move in to promote the coins.  Though there is a possible hiddend agenda towards that promotion, where other called it  shilling, but if the project is potential then why not invest to it.

The agenda for shilling coins is very clear. There are no other motives but to expose a coin or a project.

Shilling isn't that bad as others are portraying here. Even good projects needed some shilling at some point so that it won't be buried in this highly competitive crypto market.

Shilling by definition is some sort of negative action.

shill
/SHil/
 Learn to pronounce
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
noun
noun: shill; plural noun: shills
an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest.

That is why majority tends to stay away from this product when they discovered that the one advertising it is shilling for his own benefits.  There is lie and deceit involved in shilling process , IMO. Though I guess it is still up to the reader if they will jump in or not  after doing their own research.
other_side

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 07:45:59 PM

Humm that makes fomo for the coins they are holding, they just want their project to grow. If you don't find out and fomo follow them then it's your fault, don't blame them
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:56:24 AM

I doubt if people are still stupid to be falling into this scrap of shilling, except maybe newbies, but there is no way they will learn if they don’t fall for it, because not many newbies too will study the forum first to get acquainted to  what is happening in the cryptocurrency community before engaging themselves with any project. It is good to hear people’s opinion, because we may still have one or two of them that would make sense, but acting on them based on opinion is what the wrong moves there is.

It is very necessary we take our own time too to follow up on such project if it is already an existing one, and see their level of growth, and if it is a new project, research is extremely important as you said, so that we don’t end of having a portfolio full of coins that are garbage and would be of no use to us.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
_Sergo

Activity: 798
Merit: 17

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:38:02 AM

It is better to invest in coins that have been in CMC in the order of 10 and above. Or you can invest safely with the IEO so that you get bonus coins on several exchanges and dumping directly when the IEO has finished.
IEO coins are also not very good for investment. maybe for short-term trading it is suitable, but investment will be very difficult. because predicting the new altcoin market is very difficult. there is still a lot that can happen.
for top coins, now there aren't many who can move because of the correction of bitcoin. maybe buying bitcoin now is the best way.
That's right, as they said, you can enter IEO, if you drop all the coins right on the first height. Since it is still unknown what will happen, it is very risky to keep them in the long run, for many rely only on rapid growth.

Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 08:46:43 AM

I see one guy shilling that HST coin because he is a bag holder of that coins, people should double check what's on that coin to see if it is being shills or the coin has a good potential in the market, and of course see who is shilling maybe a bag holder who wants to get rid of that coin
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 02:44:04 PM

Things are just unexpected sometimes. Research is only limited depending on the time since there might be some good news a year after the research you did. You can't blame people for telling that a coin is a shit and sometimes they are wrong sometimes they are not. And in the end, it's still your investment and no one is forcing you to do something.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 07:47:19 PM

Definitely!  It is becoming too common in crypto space to recommend coins we know nothing about. This is why it's really not advisable to ask forum members what coins to invest in.  Chances are that they  will recommend coins they are currently invest in.

We  probably should only take advice in environments where people are punished for making false or unsure recommendations .
Ibizugbe1

Activity: 272
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 08:15:16 PM

I have decided to always stay and invest, trade the coins am familiar with rather than buy what will cause my money to evaporate. If I don't know what to trade, I safely just leave it on bitcoin which is more sure than even USDT.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 08:59:19 PM

This is actually not new in crypto space because a lot of pump and dump groups are everywhere and they are always on this thread to shill the most shitty coin so as to pump it and later dump it on the innocent ones. Its very important to be very careful because that's their work and they will not stop anytime soon.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 10:32:40 PM

That is a good advise from the operator, for newbies.
So many people today have fallen for shilling. Most of the times, they appear as cheap things and which is one of the ways of making some recovery.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: