Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:56:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got shadowbanned!  (Read 510 times)
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 02:51:43 AM

Good but why didn't you simply paste the text from the docs into your post?  Generally, people don't trust links.

Thanks for your suggestion. Sharing the docs on Google Docs seems easier and looks cleaner to me.

You are inviting to report you to the moderator it's better to reconstruct your post here delete some of it, or it's better to lock this thread to avoid people from reporting this thread, it doesn't look good here.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fatsy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 02:56:49 AM

Good but why didn't you simply paste the text from the docs into your post?  Generally, people don't trust links.

Thanks for your suggestion. Sharing the docs on Google Docs seems easier and looks cleaner to me.

You are inviting to report you to the moderator it's better to reconstruct your post here delete some of it, or it's better to lock this thread to avoid people from reporting this thread, it doesn't look good here.
This thread was moved to Meta
fatsy (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:16:33 AM

I wonder why my original post was deleted and not moved like this one?
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 08:31:58 AM

I'm not surprised that your posts got deleted. After you were warned that it's against the rules to make multiple posts in a short time in your first reply, you just ingored it and continue to multipost. This is not a chatroom. Edit your previous post if you want to add something new.
Read the rules and take them seriously, otherwise you probably will be banned one day.

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 09:44:30 AM

I wonder why my original post was deleted and not moved like this one?
You might have got your first posts deleted on this thread for creating multiple posts in a row is a short time span. Nevertheless, the thread picked up traction with answers, and may have therefore been moved to its proper location instead of deleted.

The original thread looked like this (similar to what you’ve indicated here at some point):
 https://web.archive.org/web/20190708093934/http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5162522.0
The OP in that deleted thread does no explain barely anything, and the core of the post needs to be retrieved from a couple of google docs. It was likely reported for spam and accepted as such. The OP should be more elaborate in itself.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 04:23:05 AM

I'm going to repost here what got deleted and see if happens again.

Just felt the need to say that this is typically not a good idea. I haven't followed any additional links in this thread, but if you are correct in saying that your thread was deleted because it was in the wrong section, you won't have a problem recreating the thread but this time in the proper section. If your thread was deleted because of the content and you repost it, the consequences get more severe.

Having a post/thread deleted is a moderator warning. You don't typically get PMs in detail explaining what the problem was, its expected that people can reskim the rules and figure it out, if not threads like this in meta show up and people will try to help you figure it out. If you repeat an action that you get a warning for, your chance of more severe consequences such as ban time increases.

Again, not to scare you, if you are correct that the problem was that your thread was in the wrong section you are fine, but I'd try to confirm that because as mentioned earlier, threads in the wrong section will more often than not be moved to the correct section rather than just sent to the trash.
fatsy (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:05:25 PM

updates: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ug4z1t2OofGW_DTsNuaid83K6rUS_tO5XzCvjK0ONzg/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sjQAvVLCPHhXSd9KE9paxX8jsOtdY7qOFPlE1NZ-xIg/edit
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 08:12:28 PM

Just for future reference, I would also stop multi-posting (i.e. creating consecutive thread replies) and start editing posts if you need to update something.
If a bump is necessary, then wait 24 hours and republish the post. Otherwise, you're just creating spam.

*when a thread has a new edited reply, it becomes marked as "unread" again*

fatsy (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:29:37 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2019, 09:04:35 PM by fatsy

Just for future reference, I would also stop multi-posting (i.e. creating consecutive thread replies) and start editing posts if you need to update something.
If a bump is necessary, then wait 24 hours and republish the post. Otherwise, you're just creating spam.

*when a thread has a new edited reply, it becomes marked as "unread" again*
Hi, thanks for your advise.

All of the updates are done on Google Docs, so if you want to view the updates, you must click on the links in the opening paragraph (OP).

I'm simply making it easier to view the updates by reposting the links without having to navigate back to it.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 08:31:51 PM

Hi, thanks for your advise.

All of the updates are done on Google Docs, so if you want to view the updates, you must click on the links in the opening paragraph (OP).

I'm simply making it easier to view the updates by reposting the links.
I meant as in your posts.

You should not be making multiple forum posts in succession within a given thread. Additional information may be appended to previous posts with the edit button which will also update the thread's unread status for those that have viewed a previous update.

This is unrelated to your Google document. (never mind the fact that it's Google).

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:42:29 PM

It's still a fact that people don't like to follow external links (even google document links).
There's always a small chance that it contains virus/unexpected harmful content...
Why don't you just create a new post if there's an update in the docs?
That would move your thread to the top of the list and more people would read your thread... if you just update the google docs and you don't touch your thread it will be on the end of the topic list and nobody would check in to read your updated stuff...
Just my 2 sats
fatsy (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 09:12:21 PM

It's still a fact that people don't like to follow external links (even google document links).
There's always a small chance that it contains virus/unexpected harmful content...
Why don't you just create a new post if there's an update in the docs?
That would move your thread to the top of the list and more people would read your thread... if you just update the google docs and you don't touch your thread it will be on the end of the topic list and nobody would check in to read your updated stuff...
Just my 2 sats
Thanks for your feedback. I plan to start a new thread once the Dapp is ready.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 01:43:34 PM

Don't think it has already been suggested here, but seems to me like this would be a good fit for Project Development, but with another title.
Also ditch the Google Docs and just write everything in the OP and update that.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: