Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon T2T 30T Fan Speed  (Read 684 times)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2522

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 06:27:48 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2019, 12:04:24 AM by NotFuzzyWarm
Merited by frodocooper (1)

Does the fan needs the blue and yellow wires to work properly? Can I unplug these two wires and put a potentiometer in the red and black wires?

Yes and no.
Yellow is the tachometer feedback into the miner and tells the controller how fast the fan runs. Blue is the speed control signal. Red & black are DC power in.
4 wire fans use a speed controller inside of the fan itself to chop the 12v power as needed to set speed so just using a (high power, remember the fans take several amps of current) pot in series with the power MIGHT not work.

That brings up the fact that there are 2 types of 4-wire fans: The most common will run at full speed in the absence of a signal on the blue wire - signal on the blue slows it down.To test, cut the blue wire. If it goes full speed only then can you fiddle with an external speed control to reduce the red wire +12v.

If the fan runs at a very low speed it is the 2nd type that uses a signal on the blue wire to speed it up and that is what you have to modulate.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noobieone

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:09:52 PM

Hi,

I managed to change the fan speed via telnet directly into the miner configuration file.
Does anyone knows if it’s possible to change the fan speed one by one rather than all at the same time?

Thanks!

Can you share what you did? Would love to decrease my fan speed a touch.
lnsomnia

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 09:46:24 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2019, 03:25:58 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (2)

Can you share what you did? Would love to decrease my fan speed a touch.

Code:
"fanspeed":"60"
"automatic":"manual"

60 is the percentage, choose what you see fit. To access the miner via telnet just search on youtube.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: