Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:27:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia - how to recover BTC?  (Read 172 times)
AshCoins (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 02:46:54 PM

I apologize if there are other threads on this but I either couldn’t find them or am not great at searching.

I’ve been out of Crypto for a while now after having an unhealthy obsession in the year before the big crash.  Finally starting to ease back in and realized I stupidly left half a BTC on Cryptopia.

I see that they were hacked out of a bunch of ether, but my BTC should still be intact right?   Anyone have any updates or know how I could try to request a transfer of my BTC?  I don’t care about any of my other shit tokens on there, just want my BTC. 

I know this was a careless and stupid decision so no need to rehash that.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wywoc

Activity: 335
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 03:25:12 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2019, 04:53:38 PM by wywoc

I apologize if there are other threads on this but I either couldn’t find them or am not great at searching.

I’ve been out of Crypto for a while now after having an unhealthy obsession in the year before the big crash.  Finally starting to ease back in and realized I stupidly left half a BTC on Cryptopia.

I see that they were hacked out of a bunch of ether, but my BTC should still be intact right?   Anyone have any updates or know how I could try to request a transfer of my BTC?  I don’t care about any of my other shit tokens on there, just want my BTC.  

I know this was a careless and stupid decision so no need to rehash that.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am sorry but I must say that you have completely lost that money. Because Cryptopia closed and liquidated assets.
It's an experience for you when you want to keep your coin for the long term. You should keep in your personal wallet instead of on exchanges.
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 04:59:57 PM

I’ve been out of Crypto for a while now after having an unhealthy obsession in the year before the big crash.  Finally starting to ease back in and realized I stupidly left half a BTC on Cryptopia.

I see that they were hacked out of a bunch of ether, but my BTC should still be intact right?   Anyone have any updates or know how I could try to request a transfer of my BTC?  I don’t care about any of my other shit tokens on there, just want my BTC. 

I know this was a careless and stupid decision so no need to rehash that.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

unfortunately cryptopia already gone my friend
and there is no way to recover your Bitcoin or getting back your bitcoin from cryptopia now
i also have few bitcoin and ethereum there, but i never think if my btc and eth will be back to my pocket
thats maybe sad but true my friend

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 05:08:13 PM

Now it is not possible to return anything from a cryptopia. absolutely all funds were stolen from this exchange. I also lost a lot of money because of this hacking

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 05:54:40 PM

I had a lot of Litecoin on Cryptopia, at the moment there is a liquidation, they will inform about the compensation additionally, probably by e-mail.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:10:17 PM

This is completely unexpected from cryptopia, and it is a must to have a regular usage of the exchanges. This will let the user community get regular updates regarding the issues and scheduled maintenance. The prime reason for Op to experience such a loss is his careless, because if he has gone for a long term rest without using the exchange he could've move the funds to a secure private wallet. As the official statement has come stating the hack, I don't think it is possible to recover the lost bitcoin anymore.

Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:14:35 PM

Don't you have access to your account with them?  Like your login and password if yes try send your BTC there to where you intend to. If you don't have access to your account then the possibilities of you getting back your bitcoin from their is slim
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:26:44 PM

I did have some coins there and BTC which I tried to set a buy order. It hasn't been filled but all the coins are gone now. You are not the only victim here. I should have withdraw them the last time they were trying to open their exchange for everyone. I should have seen it they were doing a test whether they still can regain users trust after the hack. That was a wasted opportunity.

ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:33:59 AM

For a long time, I have been trying to find out information about refunds from the exchange, but I think that this will not happen. they don't have money to pay us our bitcoins

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 12:40:28 PM

I see the Cryptopia announcement waiting for liquidation of the trading floor, does anyone know if they have liquidated successfully?
If they continue unpaid, investors' money continues to be detained.  It is likely that this is a scam.
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 12:51:46 PM

In my opinion, how to recover BTC in the Cryptopia market is by contacting their support. only that way can be done so that our assets that are stored in cryptopia can be pulled back.
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 04:44:49 PM

This is a pure reminder that you shouldn't keep your funds stored in cryptocurrency exchanges where you don't hold the private keys because exchanges are big targets to hackers because if the large funds stored in them, never store your digital assets in an exchange that is not SAFU.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: