Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The most important part of investing in bitcoin is timing.  (Read 5556 times)
diahsw

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:40:38 AM

********************NEWEST UPDATE*********************
Ok bitcointalk! I have been hard at work over this last week. I have just put the finishing touches on my site!

I will be posting a new topic soon about how to identify pricing bottoms by utilizing the creation cost. It needs a couple more revisions, but it will be ready today or tomorrow.

Here is the link to my site again:

https://www.amsinger.org

As always I love your opinions and criticism. You need friction to make fire Wink

Aaron

P.S. The next client research will be covering the price volatility increases when bitcoin is high above the creation cost.

*****************UPDATE****************
Thanks so much everyone for your opinions and views!

I am setting up a complete redesign of the site, and I will be back in around a week with all new research and probing bitcoin questions.

The site will be down while I make all the upgrades and rebalance the scales.

Bitcointalk is one of the few places where you can go to meet crypto people. I am honored to speak and share my data and views with you all!

Love and hard work,

Aaron

I put my savings into bitcoin in May 2017, little did I know that was one of the best times to invest.

In May 2017 bitcoin’s creation cost was $1,173.22 and the price was $1,383.00. That was a risk of ~15% (wholesale bitcoin). Later that year, bitcoin’s creation cost increased to $3,265.33 and the price increased to $13,798.00. That was a risk of ~75% (retail bitcoin). The problem was, I did not sell.

I didn’t know about creation cost at the time. I didn’t understand how bitcoin actually worked back then. I had no ability to calculate my risk.

My portfolio got hit hard over 2018, especially in November. It was hit hard enough that I started learning and learning well. I learned the reason why the price dissolved. I learned how to calculate creation cost. I learned programming so that I could effectively track it and measure it. I learned that venture capitalists are a$$holes. I learned how to build and design my financial website, and now I am learning how best to communicate what I know to other people.

I designed this system so that you can take advantage of bitcoin just like I did in 2017, but unlike me, get out at the right time in 2018. I don’t want other people to go through what I experienced, especially if it is as simple as telling people what the risk is right now in bitcoin, and that timing is the most important thing.

My website is linked below:

Aaron

P.S. It feels like I am telling people to eat their bitcoin “vegetables”. Everywhere else they are screaming bitcoin 20k! or 30K! or 100K! selling their bitcoin “cupcakes”. But I’m a born entrepreneur, and quite frankly, I like the challenge.

The best time to trade Bitcoin, to maximize the probability of profit.
You can start trading one hour after the Asian session is opened to reduce the risk of "falling gap" on the chart, due to the shocking news that can cause prices to rise or rise in seconds. However, high trading volumes during work time in Korea and Asia, in general, provide a conducive space for transactions (buy or sell).
Before the Asian session closes at 7:00 GMT (14:00 WIB), European traders get ready. They read any info that has driven prices in the Asian session, to prepare for the Bitcoin trading position in the European session. Even though you also have trading opportunities at these times, the movements are somewhat unpredictable.

Overlap Session (Europe and parts of America)
Get ready around 09: 00-16: 00 GMT (16: 00-23: 00 WIB). Forex traders of course know this might be the busiest traffic jam, because the American news released around 1:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (20: 30-22: 00 WIB) can be very dangerous. But in the world of crypto currencies, the number of markets that will begin to decrease is because transaction activities in Asia have subsided. There may be important news that can spin and the price of coins can change, but remain in a limited level. An important part of cryptocurrency activity in Overlapping sessions occurs in the Bay Area, the area around the Gulf of San Francisco, in California.

Relatively Quiet American Market
This session takes place from 18:00 - 23:00 GMT (01:00 - 06:00 WIB). After important moments on the West Coast and Asia at night pass, all markets will usually calm down. Sometimes, this time is too quiet to predict trading opportunities, but the risk of unpleasant surprises also decreases. Approaching the opening of the Asian session, there may be catalysts from countries such as Australia and New Zealand. However, the risk of price shock only occurs when the cycle repeats and the Korean market starts to get busy again.

When trading Bitcoin on weekends, pay attention to Asian sessions
Unlike forex, the Bitcoin market exchange stays open on weekends. During Saturday and Sunday, we may see high volatility. However, the surprising movement was more dependent on the existence of a significant news release. In general, the chances of surprise are more awake in the Asian session.
If you want to anticipate, it should be noted that the market conditions between 23:00 - 3:00 a.m. (00: 00-10: 00 WIB) may be more turbulent. Usually, trading volume may be lower, and price surprises can arise due to low liquidity. Therefore, 15: 00-23: 00 GMT (10: 00-18: 00 WIB) is the wisest time to trade on weekends.

Trade Bitcoin on a Market that is Trending
A market that is trending is a market that is heading in a certain direction. The market can have a bullish, bearish or sideways trend. Trending markets can provide many trading opportunities for technical analysts. Technical analysts will map the price patterns of a market to identify the trend direction for placing positions.
Investors can also follow the direction of market trends that serve as a benchmark for certain security. Trending markets are the main focus in technical analysis. Technical analysts believe that market trends occur in predictable repetitive patterns. The ability to recognize trends correctly can have a big impact on the results of Bitcoin trading.

Market Characteristics Trends
First and foremost, we need to know how to identify a trendy market. Many traders complain of difficulties in understanding this method for years, even though the concept is very simple.

S T R A Y   ███  ANIMAL TOKEN - CHARITY AND INVESTMENTS
───── ─    BUY NOW       ─ ─────
WEBSITE     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     REDDIT     WHITEPAPER
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 12:57:25 AM

Right timing match with correct sum of money to invest on to me are the major factors that should be considered. Nobody knows when the next bull runs will come and this is exactly reason why many people always say you should buy when the price is deep but not knowing when is the right time to buy and how deep to be considered. Investing with a little amount of money might not helps now because the percentage rise the price may not be that big like it was in the past.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 01:23:02 AM

Investing needs timing?
You mean trading right?
Investing, you wait and let it marinade. Trading you buy at a right time then sell.
I do see that is what you are doing. You are confusing the two or just trying to merge them.
If it works for you then it is okay but it doesnt really work for most of the time.
Panic comes and also FOMO. From holders they become traders. I dont think there is much right now who is really into investing with crypto currencies.
blockchainwriters

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 04:51:09 AM

Bitcoin timing is very important to gain profits if we make investment at low price at 3000 dollars we would have gain profit three times by now
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 341

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:01:24 AM

Timing is hardly to catch, yes we can set what was the best time for us in investing crypto and it is all our discretion that to say that we are in the right timing. For me, It'll be the right time to buy bitcoin at first quarter this year, imagining how it was today, we are certainly be gaining more than 100% but some of us we're getting let before the train started to run.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cocoadreamboy (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 03:35:05 PM

Timing is hardly to catch, yes we can set what was the best time for us in investing crypto and it is all our discretion that to say that we are in the right timing. For me, It'll be the right time to buy bitcoin at first quarter this year, imagining how it was today, we are certainly be gaining more than 100% but some of us we're getting let before the train started to run.

It really isn't hard to catch. If you know what the whales are doing you can easily see their movements. The whales make the market, I track the whales. I tell people what the whales are doing. 

See how it works here:

I virgin. I pure boy! I dicboy!
cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 05:03:26 PM

Thanks OP. My take away from your initial post is "TIMING" It's very essential knowing when to always get out in everything we do in life. It's called, "Bowing out when the ovation is loudest." A lot of us got carried away in 2017 when Bitcoin had a great run and refused to sell off before the ultimate crash began in January 2018. It's pure greed that makes people want more, even when it's obvious there's nothing more to squeeze out. However, on the cost calculation stuff you mentioned there, I think it's really not necessary knowing all that before one can take one's profit or exit a trade. Just know your risk appetite. That's all.

very, very true. The creation cost is the way you make more money, and understand the market. Optimization of entry and exit points, understanding what is happening, that is what you get with creation cost.

Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:42:54 PM

Yes, a right timing when it comes to investing bitcoin is important to be successful investment and earn from investment.

This timing is difficult to be defined otherwise everyone would be rich.
It is needed an excellent technical analysis and knowledge of many factors that would impact the price. If you don't have such information you would probably lose the correct timing.
iam_aayushiJ

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:04:24 AM

The most important part of bitcoin investment is patience, and patience and patience, invest and lock your private keys, and forget it forever, and remember my friends there is no way anyone weather it is miners, or traders, investors, can manipulate the price of bitcoin.

🅲🅾🅸🅽🆂🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷 SCAM 🅴🆇🅲🅷🅰🅽🅶🅴
cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 04:56:44 PM

The most important part of --- is patience, and patience and patience, invest and lock your private keys, and forget it forever, and remember my friends there is no way anyone weather it is miners, or traders, investors, can manipulate the price of bitcoin.

That is provably false, and I am not sure if that link you posted is safe.
Your "advice would lead someone to buy a bitcoin at $19,500 in Dec 2017 and "forget it forever". That is very similar to much of the faulty advice that most people receive in bitcoin and crypto. Simply buy into something without any knowledge of it, throw it in a drawer, and forget it. Completely reckless.

Miners, investors, traders, governments, and institutions all have the capacity to manipulate the price of bitcoin.

Check out my site if you want actual information not strange advice like "forget it forever":

Aaron

Bitcoin Seller

Activity: 567
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:32:07 PM

In my understanding, the fact that investing in bitcoin takes time means that bitcoin can bring real profit only after a certain time. Because it shows itself well in the long term.

Bitcoin is also good for trading as soon as now, BTC dominance is great and many guys take a decision to exchange their tokens to Bitcoin.
The main cryptocurrency owners can earn on these exchange operations. In this case, it will be better to leave part of BTC for holding, and the rest can be used for trading speculations.

Both variants can work well if they are combined.
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 07:47:07 PM

In my understanding, the fact that investing in bitcoin takes time means that bitcoin can bring real profit only after a certain time. Because it shows itself well in the long term.
It needs timing of course but not as much needed compared to trading.

When you are investing and you still see the potential of bitcoin to grow, you would not hesitate because investing in bitcoin in order to gain good profits, you need to consider it a long term investment.

In my opinion, I don't really think one need to invest in Bitcoin and wait for a long time before you can make profit from your investment in Bitcoin. A week or month investment in Bitcoin with huge sum of money can earn money that will change your financial situation and story in your life time.
cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 10:39:42 PM

In my opinion, I don't really think one need to invest in Bitcoin and wait for a long time before you can make profit from your investment in Bitcoin. A week or month investment in Bitcoin with huge sum of money can earn money that will change your financial situation and story in your life time.

Unless you are investing at a peak in the market lol then you are just throwing your money away.

If you don't understand creation cost you are choosing to gamble your money away in bitcoin. It is the only way to know if it is high or low.

Aaron

Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 11:01:00 PM

I agree with your opinion! Many people are still making a false belief in bitcoin investment. They think that investing only a high capital will make them profitable. I believe that if you have a perfect timing in investing in cryptocurrency, you can get a much profits than those who are impulsive buyers. If you can wait and know when the time to execute, a lot of tendency that you win every trades.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:10:53 PM

This applies to both Cryptocurrency and Stock Market however it needs to be come wit thorough research as well. Once you bought a coin, you need to plan when to exit, you cant just say I will hold on to it for a long period of time, there has to be a goal and timing should be perfect or else instead of you gaining profits, you will end up loosing more.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:30:08 PM

Timing is a contributing factor when investing in cryptocurrency. Although timing isn't enough, it helps one to determine when the right time is to buy, hold and sell coins. I think aside timing, market analysis and research helps you to know more about the coin you want to invest.

That's is true timing and focus is the best how to earn in bitcoin investment of course konwledge and understanding to be include is the best way to earn profits.

I agree with your opinion! Many people are still making a false belief in bitcoin investment. They think that investing only a high capital will make them profitable. I believe that if you have a perfect timing in investing in cryptocurrency, you can get a much profits than those who are impulsive buyers. If you can wait and know when the time to execute, a lot of tendency that you win every trades.

Small or high capital is both profitable depends on the holders want to earn profits to execute timing decision to invest.
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 05:50:39 AM

simple tips is buy when price is low, sell when price is high.

when you want to invest, never put all of your money, save some for you. learn all about it, experience is better than the other. know your own risk, never be careless when you take decision. make research in what coin is the best for future, and be patient.
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 01:57:57 PM

I disagree, as an investor the most important part of investing in bitcoin should be patience, timing comes second. Timing only plays a major role or works when you're a trader or speculative investor, investing for just a short period of time. For example, we have bitcoin enthusiasts who did invest when bitcoin was around $400-$1000 (you can call that perfect timing) but today due to lack of patience most of those investors don't have a single bitcoin due to impatience some might have sold at lost or little profit. As it's commonly said, "investors don't wait to buy (timing), they buy and wait (patience)".
As for me, time and patience are identical concepts (regarding investment).Spending time and patience, is difficult to guess where is the stop! Someone talks about the price of Bitcoin $ 100,000, someone says that its price is 0.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:27:29 PM

the determination of time for bitcoin is now the absolute and main thing. now the right time to make profit is easily obtained and it's the best step. because bitcoin prices increase and decrease every time, so choose the right time

pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:15:07 PM

What you call as timing is rather called as the entry and exit points in technical terms and yes it does matter to entry and exit at the righ time to take out good profits.
Most of the people who lose money investing in crypto probably exit at the wrong time. Rather than panic selling at wrong exit times you could just hold the coins patiently until it returns you some profit or at least a no loss no profit target. This is where many people tend to make mistakes. I have learnt this late but once I got to know this I have never ever sold in a loss, just held on until profits.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███