Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:27:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING!!! Smartphones Fancy Keyboard users  (Read 216 times)
Callanta787 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 06:00:53 AM
Merited by lotfiuser (1)

This warning is for those who uses mobile keyboard from third party websites or download from playstore ,some keyboards are stealing records of your account numbers ,backup phrases and private keys eg touchpal keyboard ,stick with the keyboard that comes integrated with your smartphone.

Check out this link to see what I'm talking about
http://imgur.com/bdOtcjq

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 06:21:41 AM

This warning is for those who uses mobile keyboard from third party websites or download from playstore ,some keyboards are stealing records of your account numbers ,backup phrases and private keys eg touchpal keyboard ,stick with the keyboard that comes integrated with your smartphone.

okay so this is a new one to be honest I never thought about this until now. Thank you for bringing this up. In my opinion I would say it's better to use or download keyboard from a trusted company like Google etc. Worst case scenario is downloading from an unknown source or from an untrusted developers.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 06:25:51 AM

Better use default keyboards to avoid any problems. Also never use third part keyboards if not required to for a specific language.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 06:33:28 AM

Use the keyboard that comes preinstalled in your smartphones to avoid any kind of keys stealing ,I guess no one saw this coming ,thanks for sharing this info I bet many will be surprised

Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 06:54:07 AM

Thanks for the warning, I know things like this is possible, can we consider that as part of the key loggers program?

I've been using a 3rd party software for my keyboard style as its more convenient but I know the risk and I already make the right measures, such as not keeping my private key in my phone, I think that's safe already but if they would really take my details, they can do that but I'm sure they'll get a limited detail which I don't think really important for them to monetize.

Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:20:59 AM

This is for those who likes using mobile wallets on their smartphone and while they are importing private keys or backup phrase these keyboards just logged them down, its kinda key logger to me

Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:26:48 AM

And here goes another stealing method after I just got a noticed of losing bitcoin to scammers pretending to be teams from Verizon and AT&T ,scammers never seize to amuse me
K4C

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 11:50:21 AM

This is the exact reason why I NEVER EVER change my keyboard from the default Google keyboard that my phone's comes equipped with, no need making it easy on the hackers and scammers, we all have to be security concious.

BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:24:40 AM

This is really possible. We should be very careful before we install a third-party software for keyboard. Key loggers are true and many became victims using their pc keyboard. There is also a third party sofware on spying the activities on a certain gadget or computer keyboard and mouse movements.
sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:36:06 AM

So far, I also never use this kind of application. I think that it is better to use the default keyboard on my smartphone But wait, is this kind of discussion belongs to be here? Not in the general topic or others? But aside from it, this is an interesting topic to discuss because I believe that only a few people that are aware of it.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:59:19 AM

I'm not using mobile to open any of my wallets, I don't know if this is verified but anyway it's better to be safe than sorry, we never know until we found out, because it takes a lot of complaints before play store take it down down from their store.

jufrizalql

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:22:25 PM

the go keyboard application can also be used by the user.
on the other hand the go keyboard application also data sent by the Go Keyboard application includes Google account, device screen size, Android version used, including device model. This application can also collect other information because users often use it to type.
The whole point of POW is to secure the network with lots of hash calculations (hence the term 'work'). Phones have very little power (compared to asics, or even desktop cpu/gpu), so is it impossible for coins mined through phones to have any value and have a secure network at the same time.  Grin Cheesy Cheesy
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:23:14 PM

better to use a default keyboard mate because its safer than,
sometimes a third party apps is dangerous if we don't knew the developer, because an apps can steal our data on our smartphone

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:31:25 PM

Thank God i am not a fan of those nonsense colorful keyboards. I am most comfortable using the default keyboard with bold simple designs and i dont think those third party apps had a different function rather than design. Please be careful on what you are downloading always people.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
bitstalker

Activity: 383

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 02:16:11 PM

the information that is useful indeed will be potentially dangerous because this can be a kind of keylogger, but I have never used a keyboard other than Google and it's an Android so my smartphone might still be safe
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:18:56 PM

Keyboards on play store are very tempting and better than the ones that come with my phone but can't risk it now that I'm keeping my altcoins in my mobile wallet
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 08:01:48 PM

After I started using my mobile device to manage my wallets, I was alarmed by the use of an additional keyboard that I downloaded from the Play Store.  I use copying secret keys and passwords.  Is there any risk in this?  Can someone access my wallets because of this?
kurcalas

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 08:13:25 PM

Any unknown device, application, and plug-in can compromise internet security. According to a news I received today, iOS devices, even in the Chrome application has been identified as a very critical level of security problems. Many people were using mobile versions of some exchanges using chrome! I hope it won't be a problem.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 08:46:38 PM

Scammers are always busy in finding new ways to scam and steal others money and assets so it is our own duty to stay alert everywhere especially online and save ourself from phishing emails, fake websites, copy software/ malware and nowadays new or unknown wallets and other apps that may have access to your data, this is very important for our own safety.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: