Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from online mobile wallets with no backup phrase  (Read 635 times)
joseyphil82 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 06:39:31 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Not all mobile wallets have backup ,just because they are available for your smartphone doesnt mean they are reliable
Do not use mobile wallets with just username and passwords ,they are called online wallets ,they have no backup phrase or private keys.
For example I lost my bitcoin to xapo wallet since 2018 and they denied me of my coins after sending them mails.

Barracuda

Activity: 514
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 06:51:15 AM

Backup keys are one of the most important things for wallets online now. Because this relates to your assets, of course, do not just use online wallet. Because, now there are indeed many who appear to offer online wallets. Of course, if you want to use it you need to know the security of the wallet so you don't experience things like @OP.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:51:28 AM

Not all mobile wallets have backup ,just because they are available for your smartphone doesnt mean they are reliable
Do not use mobile wallets with just username and passwords ,they are called online wallets ,they have no backup phrase or private keys.
For example I lost my bitcoin to xapo wallet since 2018 and they denied me of my coins after sending them mails.
XAPO was not let the users to take or export their privatekey address and that's a scam wallet. For me to use offline wallet which make you able to get your privatekey is more than good but it's the best way. XAPO was a scam wallet. but this time so many wallets creating the export feature.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 08:34:00 PM

Totally agree.  Unfortunately many mobile wallet users are not aware of this differences. I guess cryptocurrency won't be used properly by those who are not really interested in its important features. Sometimes I wonder if informing them about the feature will bore or scare them away from crypto. Most people just need something easy and convenient
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 10:57:53 PM

One of the attributes of blockchain is decentralization and this comes with users being in charge thus the need for private keys. So any wallet without private keys or backup phrase shows that the developers can have access to such wallets, thus not good to be involved with. Sorry for your loss, I hope others will learn and make good decisions.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:07:40 PM

I would not recommend any mobile app as your main wallet. use only if you need a little to spend, as a secondary wallet.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:11:01 PM

Good advice I agree, But In my country we only have 1 wallet that can withdraw to fiat we dont have any option, no backup phrase or private keys provided but I only use it as medium not for HODL.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:21:45 PM

Most probably your correct choose mobile wallet with have back keys to avoid losing of coins investment, I also using local mobile wallet herein my place where I resides two local wallet have choices both are have strong back keys but i choose the one very popular use by the people.
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:26:16 PM

I guess we should find excellent mobile wallets that fits according to our preferences and needs and degree of comfortability. In my case, mobile wallet like coins.ph which I've been using from the start don't have backup phrase but they require various levels of KYC to assert account validity and authenticity. Also, their services were excellent and has a very good support system that I have not had any problems with them ever since.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:59:00 PM

Sorry to hear your bad experience about using the online mobile wallets, do you have any proof to make them sure about your asset on the mobile wallets?
Personally, I also always choose the online wallet (not mobile) that has the backup of the password, Google authentication, Gmail authentification, or private keys. It may not be highly safer, however, at least, we have several ways to back up the data and portfolio. Moreover, it will be better enough if we use the offline wallet, hardware wallet will be highly recommended.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1076
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 02:53:00 AM

Hardwallets is very recommended to use here in crypto with future like don't use others wallet still some of this are trusted already example Electrum,Blockchain and Coinomi then your correct about with username and password only like don't use this kind of wallet then activate 2fa always for much more security and don't create wallet account similar to it's yahoomail

Stand alone wallets installed on pc is highly recommended, they're equipped with back up phrase options. Like those mentioned wallets, there's no problem with it and back up phrase is one of the strongest way to make your funds more secure. Once you had save it for confidentiality, you won't be failed and will successfully access your funds smoothly.

Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 03:17:00 AM

Xapo is a scam wallet ,I used to hunt for faucet in early 2016 and I've gathered lots of bitcoin but one day i was unable to sign in my wallet and withdraw ,I tried to contact the team and they never reply me

LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 03:23:09 AM

I used to use those "online wallet" when I was a beginner. Now I only use hardware wallet, It provides absolute security! Online wallet are best for storing small funds to use it for spending.
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 04:01:37 AM

I don't expect anyone to still try to use a mobile wallet with no backup key or phrase at this era. That's an old-fashioned way of making a mistake in blockchain. It's at a very high risk using those kinda wallet to store your funds

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Nimicrypto

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 04:03:26 AM

Don't lose your stuff if u don't have backup...  Grin.
khiholangkang

Activity: 2030
Merit: 561

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 04:57:02 AM

Everything has advantages and disadvantages, each of which I think, those who do not have a private key / pharse backup you can contact support to restore your account

And what you hold a private key / backup pharse usually doesn't have support services, so if you lose your private key your money just goes away

I used XAPO when I was released and never encountered any problems, make sure you provide the correct data so that they can easily help you

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 851

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 05:00:36 AM

I agree, this is an eye opener specially for a lot of newbies who are going to join. Check first if the wallet that you are going to used as mobile apps has some back up phrase or private keys.

Never tried XAPO though, or even blockchain wallet. I only used Electrum and keep by seed and private key safe in case I needed to recover it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 05:06:19 AM

Yes their are some wallets on mobile that has no backup and when something get wrong with the company its goodbye to all your coins in the wallet ,xapo wallet is a good example indeed

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 06:33:02 AM

It is important that cryptonaires should be aware of things like this so they dont end up in loses. You can imagine that someone was denied his coins all the way from 2018 and up till now, he still cannot have it.

The role of users having private keys cannot be over emphasized when it comes to their online wallets

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
phanphanphuyen

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:58:26 AM

Staying away fom any kinds of wallet, provide by any sort of wallet providers, no matter what which types of coins (bitcoin, or whatever) if you can not have full control of your private keys or seeds. Because, without such keys/ seeds, you might lose all money when those sites/ providers make scam exits. It's not too hard to choose which wallets to use, and learn how to backup/ recover wallets from keys/ seeds.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: