Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:37:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from online mobile wallets with no backup phrase  (Read 641 times)
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 08:03:14 AM

A word is enough for the wise and you have taken time to state it out, it is now left for those participating in such to stop. How can a wallet seeks us to store our assets without finding it worthwhile to embed backup phrase and we will use? This shows something is not right and caution should be applied. This is blockchain where decentralization reigns supreme, if there is no backup phrase then no need to use such wallet.

uniquark

Activity: 533
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 08:14:15 AM

Not all mobile wallets have backup ,just because they are available for your smartphone doesnt mean they are reliable
Do not use mobile wallets with just username and passwords ,they are called online wallets ,they have no backup phrase or private keys.
For example I lost my bitcoin to xapo wallet since 2018 and they denied me of my coins after sending them mails.

If you use imToken, they have both of these features, after logging in with username and password. They will suggest you save the phrase to avoid losing your wallet. I suggest you switch to using it
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 04:50:46 AM

A word is enough for the wise and you have taken time to state it out, it is now left for those participating in such to stop. How can a wallet seeks us to store our assets without finding it worthwhile to embed backup phrase and we will use? This shows something is not right and caution should be applied. This is blockchain where decentralization reigns supreme, if there is no backup phrase then no need to use such wallet.
I guess that people using online wallets without backup phrase are novice or probably they just lack the knowledge of it, because no one will in his clear eyes store coin in a wallet without a backup phrase in this critical industry where we have lots of scammers, I wonder why some of these wallets too are implementing this type of technology without backup phrase plan if they are really serious and does not also have the plans of defrauding their users in future.

There are so many reliable wallets in the market that has backup phrase and can be used without stress or fear, I think what I would just do is to make a list of the ones I can guarantee and probably post it for them to see if we don’t have someone that has done it yet.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████