Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BITCOIN run out in 2140?  (Read 1089 times)
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1617

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 01:00:26 AM

There are so many unknown variables and unpredictable factors that are at play in the nascent Crypto world, that mineable BTC running out

in 50-100 years should be the least of your concerns... Changes in blockchain technology, new functionalities offered by crypto currencies,

market sentiment and use value / added value will be some of the more immediate factors that will have an influence on the price of BTC...

3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 02:48:53 AM

We can't say a serious statements for that idea since it was predicted bitcoin wi be more expensive as it grows older. There's no concrete  predictions to when it runs out, and it's very unpredictable. What will happen in 2040, I am hoping that everything will be more digitally oriented and cryptocurrency will be our main spending utility instead of physical money.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 03:24:00 AM

I forgot the article that says about this.
but I remember that, reportedly Satoshi Nakamoto intentionally created a limited amount of bitcoin inventory. This is done to prevent inflation. From long-term predictions, BITCOIN has at least until the year 2140, all of which can be mined. If the number of Bitcoin continues to decrease, the price can soar in the future. how do you think about this, is it true that BITCOIN will run out in 2140?
One can predict just as you have said that the price will soar, the major challenge then may be that some users will hoard btc when they know the time is near for mining to stop. This will definitely inflate the price making some people madly rich.
My opinion is: 2140 is still very far,  no one knows what will happen before then. BTC may not even be in existence then for the evolution of technology

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
daisyliker

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 03:37:13 AM

If I was Satoshi Nakamato, and my priority was not make quick bucks but create an ecosystem which survives and alternative to the the present money system I would allocate some funds to fund miners or the system to prove the chains.The account of Satoshi remained untouched and probably will be at that state till mining era is over.That is the way how a mathematician or strategician thinks.
About Bitcoin, yes many of the altcoins will disappear with lots of money however a bunch of cryto currencies that BTC is amongst will survive at 2040.It is not something absolute but my probability calculator system tells me 63%.The system is written by me and may be error prone so either write your own p.calculator or make decision/scnerio trees it is up to you.
thiscomm

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 03:50:18 AM

I don't think that will happen. because BTC is the biggest crypto in the world. although often the price goes down but there are still many users who invest there. with the increasing number of users, of course there will be times when development will occur to continue to supply and handle many users. I am sure that before the year 2140 of course the number of BTC will be developed and added to serve the many market demands.

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1867

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 03:54:19 AM

but I remember that, reportedly Satoshi Nakamoto intentionally created a limited amount of bitcoin inventory. This is done to prevent inflation. From long-term predictions, BITCOIN has at least until the year 2140, all of which can be mined. If the number of Bitcoin continues to decrease, the price can soar in the future. how do you think about this, is it true that BITCOIN will run out in 2140?

What do you mean run out? That there wouldn't be enough Bitcoin in the world? That is simply impossible to happen.

When all the 21 million Bitcoins have been mined, it means the miners will only be depending on the transaction fees. Meaning to say, business as usual. Everything goes on smoothly. If you are bothered by the billions of people in the world and the very limited Bitcoin supply at 21 million BTC maximum, don't be. There are 8 decimals points in the value of BTC. If we divide all the 21 million BTC supply to the total world population at 7.7 billion people, everyone would have 0.00272727 BTC. That is still a large amount considering that the smallest value would be 0.00000001.
Kecipir

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 07:37:19 AM

I also do not know if I am still alive in the year 2140, I swear I did not think that far and what I think now is market conditions. if the market stabilizes or the price of bitcoin can soar to its highest price again. and you will also enjoy it from the investment you have. without having to consider the fate of the year 2140.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 11:40:08 AM

I don't know, and so the others too. It still far away from now and everything could happen in the future, especially if there is a new technology release in our life. Every people can say anything about what will happen to bitcoin in the future, but that doesn't mean they are right because that is the only prediction. And you know what, the prediction still a prediction and no one will know. It's better to do the best thing that we can do now and prepare for our future and don't be late.
daniel2023

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 12:11:13 PM

Bitcoin can stay up to that, its depends on us; investors, promoters, traders etc. To me Bitcoin have come to stay. It can survive to time infinite. The use cases of Blockchain technology will make it irresistible for many generations.
ali115112

Activity: 1806

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 01:06:04 PM

Yes this is true Bitcoin will run out in 2140 and price will be very high in the coming year so everyone should invest a little amount and hold Bitcoin for future.

══════════════☛Digicom Finance☚═════════════
A Digital Commerce
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 01:24:00 PM

Bitcoin can stay up to that, its depends on us; investors, promoters, traders etc. To me Bitcoin have come to stay. It can survive to time infinite. The use cases of Blockchain technology will make it irresistible for many generations.

I agree with you . Bitcoin uses the Blockchain platform and until now it can be seen as the best technology created by humans and widely applied in our daily lives. I believe that in the next few years the value of Bitcoin will be very volatile and may increase at a price that we cannot predict so keep at least 1 BTC for long-term investment because Bitcoin is always the best investment

umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 01:35:53 PM

There is no need to worry about Bitcoin's future. It will happen in the future, and will need a lot of time for the final BTC to be exploited. Let's take care of the present and invest it at this time and make a profit

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Kezacky

Activity: 744
Merit: 10

https://www.enterapp.io/

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 02:20:26 PM

Is it only me who approves bitcoin will never die? yes because I think so. I can't imagine what will happen to bitcoin in the future, but I am very confident that bitcoin will never die, they will continue to grow in the future. and if the worst possibility is that bitcoin will die in the future, you don't need to worry because there are still many altcoins on this cryptoqurency market.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 02:30:16 PM

I do not know this clearly about this issue because this news is confusing without clarity and there are various arguments that differ. But recently I read about the rest of the bitcoin blocks that can be mined at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply.

Some say bitcoin can be mined for 136 years until the supply of bitcoin runs out and that means 2140, if we calculate it mathematically it will produce the answer above. Now per block of bitcoin is worth 12.5, which means that when hardfork in 2020 will be 6.25 and you can count onwards until the supply runs out.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
icekohl

Activity: 339
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 05:39:42 PM

The number of Bitcoin doesn't continues to decrease, it keep increasing, just the minned BTC decrease. In theory, by 2140 the total number of BTC will be fully mined. At that time, the BTC will be a place to store assets, and I believe that the BTC will increase prices in the future.

AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1400
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 06:03:19 PM

We don't know the exact things which will happen after 120 years. Even we won't alive at that time, so make your view for short time. Now we have a goldern asset is bitcoin. We can easily inverse our money in bitcoin and get some good profit from it. So use that opportunity to earn more from your investment.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 07:53:33 PM

The number of bitcoins will not decrease but rather will increase until 2140.It is difficult for me to make forecasts concerning the price which will be at the time of 2140.Perhaps until that time, people will only use bitcoin and no one will even know that once there was Fiat money.
NeelMariaWarner

Activity: 350
Merit: 3

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 08:35:39 PM

it might be true if the amount of bitcoin supply decreases automatically the price of bitcoin will increase high, but i don't know whether it will happen in 2140 or not, and importantly i personally believe that bitcoin will not die, bitcoin has good development and has great potential for the long term

Orionix        |│        The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 02:10:51 PM

I don't think that will happen. because BTC is the biggest crypto in the world. although often the price goes down but there are still many users who invest there. with the increasing number of users, of course there will be times when development will occur to continue to supply and handle many users. I am sure that before the year 2140 of course the number of BTC will be developed and added to serve the many market demands.
I think you are misconstruing the message of the OP, you probably think he means bitcoin will face out by that year, but I think he is talking about the supply, which the technology has already been designed to have limited supply of 21 million coins, and out of these total supply, if you check coinmarketcap history, you will see that over half of the coins has already been exhausted and we have less than half, so it depends on the level of adoption we have now that will determine when the remaining part will get exhausted, but I believe that what is left is too small for it to extend to that long year.

Within the next 20 years, bitcoin supply will really run out and the price will become very expensive at that time now, and that is why some people envisage that the price may reach 1 million dollars in future.

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 02:21:59 PM

Bitcoin has limited supply, only 21 million coins will exist in 2140.
But you have to calculate with number of lost coins. It is easy to loose private key from Bitcoin wallets. So there will be less than useable 21 million coins and more and more  of them will be lost in the future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██