Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BITCOIN run out in 2140?  (Read 1089 times)
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 05:54:53 PM

I forgot the article that says about this.
but I remember that, reportedly Satoshi Nakamoto intentionally created a limited amount of bitcoin inventory. This is done to prevent inflation. From long-term predictions, BITCOIN has at least until the year 2140, all of which can be mined. If the number of Bitcoin continues to decrease, the price can soar in the future. how do you think about this, is it true that BITCOIN will run out in 2140?
It is unlikely that until 2140 Bitcoin will continue to exist in its current form. If it exists at all until that time, then it will probably change very much, and if necessary, its production will also change. In any case, it’s too early to think about it. Especially to us who do not live up to this time. It is believed that a generation of people changes every twenty years. Based on this, six generations of people will be replaced before 2140. Therefore, you should work with what is now.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 06:47:30 PM

I forgot the article that says about this.
but I remember that, reportedly Satoshi Nakamoto intentionally created a limited amount of bitcoin inventory. This is done to prevent inflation. From long-term predictions, BITCOIN has at least until the year 2140, all of which can be mined. If the number of Bitcoin continues to decrease, the price can soar in the future. how do you think about this, is it true that BITCOIN will run out in 2140?
It is unlikely that until 2140 Bitcoin will continue to exist in its current form. If it exists at all until that time, then it will probably change very much, and if necessary, its production will also change. In any case, it’s too early to think about it. Especially to us who do not live up to this time. It is believed that a generation of people changes every twenty years. Based on this, six generations of people will be replaced before 2140. Therefore, you should work with what is now.
I also think that Bitcoin may have many more outbreaks and the technology will be improved. And it is even possible that some fork more technological will replace the first Bitcoin.

Bitcoin+Fi

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 06:53:59 PM

The main question is not whether all the Bitcoins will be able to mine, but whether the Bitcoins will survive at all by 2140, because this is too long a period of time.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 08:11:32 PM

Yeah there is limited supply of around 17 million btc that has already been mined and available but the remaining 4 million can only be mined in over 100 more years this literally shows the deflationary design of btc. Each btc halving reduces the mining reward by 50 percent decreasing mining supply so as a result the demand and price grows this model is outstanding and that is the reason why long term hodling is recommended to gain huge on btc investment.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 05:26:02 AM

I don't understand how bitcoins can be shortages for some reason. In any case, this coin will be traded on the market. The market is the main catalyst for value. I do not exclude that in the near future the price of bitcoin can jump up sharply. But that won't change anything. Bitcoins will not be less. Maybe people will forget their wallets or lose hardware wallets. But roughly speaking the infinite bitcoin.
Kimonoe

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 06:24:39 AM

we can only predict, but I think 2140 has been transferred over several generations, for example people die and do not inherit their private key wallet, so this can reduce the amount of bitcoin, I think the prediction is also reasonable, considering there are still 121 years to go. but technological development is not stagnant, but will develop continuously, so that later of course there will be new innovations to overcome them

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 08:30:11 AM

I doubt that this prediction can become reality. Nobody can even predict what happens to bitcoin in just a year let alone of in over 130 years time. We saw what 2018 predictions about bitcoin turned out to be.
And, besides, none of us currently on early can possibly live that time to see if the prediction will come by.
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 09:51:05 AM

Although bitcoin has a limited supply of coins, but I am not sure if bitcoin will run out in 2140, at this time there are many who trade and invest with bitcoin, the point is that as long as bitcoin is still used for trading or for investment it will not run out.
comchien

Activity: 340
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2019, 11:46:39 AM

I think it won't be that long for the current times, the proliferation of many miners will increase mining faster, Bitcoin is only going to be rarer but not longer when more miners are created, I think it's possible. In 10 to 20 years time, Bitcoin can be reversed, my personal opinion is that.

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]
✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes]✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop]✈✈✈
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:51:06 AM

it's hard to predict if bitcoin will still run until the year 2140 but the volume of investors here and the bit of revenue here will still be bitcoin because I'm sure over time the value of investors will increase here.
You are right mate, sentiment aside, we can only hope that bitcoin continues till that year, but only God knows exactly the future of bitcoin, but from what I am seeing and from what I can sense, I think that bitcoin still has very long future which will run into decades, if bitcoin were not being accepted by governments, I would have doubted it but governments too are beginning to use bitcoin for severally purposes also and which I believe that the cope will expand as time goes on.

If within the next 10 years, bitcoin really gained a solid root within the governmental system, then it is for sure that this technology will go far beyond even 20 years more, and probably we will be seeing it from where we are also after were dead, at least we might still be privilege to know what is going on the world.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:56:55 AM

Although Bitcoin was fully exploited in 2014, at the time I thought that the transaction costs were also very impressive at that time. At that time, the miners could also mine, just to dig up the transaction fee, and in fact nothing changed.

Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 12:26:52 PM

If bitcoin is even around that long, which is a big if, I think people will eventually agree to keep the inflation rate at a suitable level of 1-2 percent instead of having no new coins minted.  Remember that everything at first is just temporary and not set in stone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: