Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:13:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you join an bitcoin investment club ONLY for speculators  (Voting closed: March 22, 2014, 08:12:20 AM)
yes, I'm a day trader - 25 (31.3%)
yes, I'm a holder but I want to know what's happening - 26 (32.5%)
yes, if it's free it's for me - 12 (15%)
no, day trading is evil - 4 (5%)
no, I already know it all - 4 (5%)
d) none of the above ... (yeah, I know it's 'F') - 9 (11.3%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Speculators Club  (Read 4046 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:12:20 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 08:12:28 PM by Armis

I'm trying to determine if the bitcoin speculation community want to organize to build individual wealth on a daily basis and to improve the btc community.

If 50 people say "yes", they want the club, we could start to organize it via bitcointalk forum immediately

of the 50 at least 20 must be day traders

edit:

the minimum requirement were exceeded in 2 of the 7 days it was budgeted, the club is now live, join us:  

The Bitcoin Club awaits you
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519808
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 06:50:25 PM

Yes to all the top 3

Free is good
Mostly a HODLer
but I use 1% to play with altcoins, BTC.SX and other strategies that invariable make me lose tiny sums of money.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:45:16 PM

Yes to all the top 3

Free is good
Mostly a HODLer
but I use 1% to play with altcoins, BTC.SX and other strategies that invariable make me lose tiny sums of money.

Pente, a well organized investment club could easily improve the standing of any particular position all while increasing the wealth of individual club members.

for example, let's say just 20 people decided to invest $50 in an alt coin at a historically low point (just about all of them are there now) it will likely signal a trend change.
if the membership was 100 and the recommendation was only a $5 investment it would have a greater effect on the position. 

The point is there is great strength in intelligently organized numbers.

g27wr

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

I like guns.

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:47:18 PM

Count me in.

chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:36:03 AM

I am a day trader. I prefer to only trade larger scale trends and high risk investments with strong fundamental drive. I consider a measure of sentiment the sole most important edge to my trading.

I bought at $120, purely speculative, held, and sold at 750 after the AHT, bought at 450 - 500, and I am day trading the volatility now.  soon I will return to hibernation as a long term trader and wait for the moon.

okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:39:27 AM

there is great strength in intelligently organized numbers.
i see what you did there.

This looks like a nice idea, i;ll be watching.
Just a question though: isn't this whole forum the club you are mentioning?

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
stylin

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:27:46 AM

Count me in

Honorcoin | 100% PoS | 2% Free Distribution
XHC: HEjJZdyJWBjaLH7w12k2nfqAKMEC9h2Lvt
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:30:15 AM

I am all in...day trader since 1997...first stocks...futures...after 2000-1...Forex...and now cryptos...

Let's do it !...

Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:17:05 AM

there is great strength in intelligently organized numbers.
i see what you did there.

This looks like a nice idea, i;ll be watching.
Just a question though: isn't this whole forum the club you are mentioning?

Indeed it is how I initially viewed it.   It's doing a splendid job at bringing people together, however, I think its immense size is allowing many of it's member to get lost in the space, many unnecessarily losing money thinking its a rite of bitcoin passage.  

All too often I see hard working people at every level of the btc community trying to realize the "American 'rags to riches' Dream" only for it to be snatched from them for whatever reason.   We are a community that has a PUBLIC formula for literally making money why is there so much thievery?

To make a ongoing story short, if we do this right not only will the community never be mass goxxed again, and minor goxxings will be covered (one way or another); but thousands of millionaires will be created.

At this stage in btc's development many clubs are needed.
ZiG

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:08:22 AM

Tomorrow March 16 is VERY important day in geo-political developments:

The referendum in Crimea !

Big move(s) development is quite possible for Sunday and/or Monday...

Be VERY careful...
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:16:50 AM

Tomorrow March 16 is VERY important day in geo-political developments:

The referendum in Crimea !

Big move(s) development is quite possible for Sunday and/or Monday...

Be VERY careful...

Zig, feel free to elaborate with great specificity, why you feel the referendum in Crimea will impact the bitcoin market, and what action you would recommend btc speculators take.   

ZiG

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:47:51 AM

Let's try to read my "crystal ball"...LOL

Crimea historically have been VERY important PART of Russia...(ref: Crimean wars)...because is giving Russia access to Black Sea...respectively Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic...

Referendum will simply reiterate this point...

Russia wins...the West lose...bigger tensions are expected between US/EU and Russia (backed now by China too)...Sanction will be impose...may not have any effect...but...blah, blah...

Result: RISK OFF ...in uncertain time it is always the marker's reaction...

Dollar Negative...Gold...and Bitcoin acting as a fiat alternative are probably going UP...

BUT: Big (money) players usually are starting with the FALSE move...so don't be amazed to see first move DOWN (Sunday/Monday ) ...Just to go UP later...maybe later Monday/rest of the week...which will be the MAIN direction...confirm with EUR/USD (breaking 1.40) and Gold going UP...

These are my expectation...and I could be completely WRONG!

As usual...just EDUCATIONAL..."TRADING AT YOUR OWN DECISION AND RISK"     
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 07:51:57 AM

I was part of a small group that did this a few years ago.

Basically you would PM the guy who was coordinating it. He would send out a message to the other members with "1 member is selling at $4.35".

It ended up only about 2 or 3 of us other than the coordinator. And it was not very useful.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:15:39 PM

I was part of a small group that did this a few years ago.

Basically you would PM the guy who was coordinating it. He would send out a message to the other members with "1 member is selling at $4.35".

It ended up only about 2 or 3 of us other than the coordinator. And it was not very useful.

thanks for the input,

1) how many did the group start with
2) why the PMs
3) what was the performance track record
poikkeus

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:29:11 PM

Count me in. I've been daytrading for a year.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:01:42 PM

Count me in. I've been daytrading for a year.

Clearly with you, ZiG, stylin, g27wr, chessnut, Pente, those who have PMed me, and everyone who voted YES, it looks like this club will be forming and we will likely have a good time making wealthy choices.

ZiG

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:17:53 PM

Good job...are we ready...?

And when...?
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:58:52 PM

I am terrible at speculating, and base half my buys off of nothing other than the time of day, and position in the week, but i'd listen to good advice.
KoyniQG

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:18:24 AM

Start to speculate about QoinGrow.com

My opinion is that you should sign up as you read this, it's currently just at investment level 3, and will go on for atleast 10 more levels before it will be difficult to get that many investors to level up the investment level, I think.

Raise your level by sending Bitcoins to your personal deposit address and making a deposit check at the same time. Wait for the Investment Level to level up, you will then receive Bitcoins that you can choose to withdraw, or reinvest to raise your level. It's recommended to reinvest some of it and withdraw the rest, most recommended is to split 50/50.
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:35:44 AM

Start to speculate about QoinGrow.com

My opinion is that you should sign up as you read this, it's currently just at investment level 3, and will go on for atleast 10 more levels before it will be difficult to get that many investors to level up the investment level, I think.

Raise your level by sending Bitcoins to your personal deposit address and making a deposit check at the same time. Wait for the Investment Level to level up, you will then receive Bitcoins that you can choose to withdraw, or reinvest to raise your level. It's recommended to reinvest some of it and withdraw the rest, most recommended is to split 50/50.

Seems legit!  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: